• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Petition for the Arm Educators Act

This is a discussion on Petition for the Arm Educators Act within the RKBA News and Information forums, part of the Political Discussions category; You like that name? I just came up with that. There is a petition on Whitehouse.gov urging the president to present stronger control legislation to ...

Old 12-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 72861
Petition for the Arm Educators Act

You like that name? I just came up with that.

There is a petition on Whitehouse.gov urging the president to present stronger control legislation to congress, not that he needs any encouragement. As we all know, that is not going to stop killers from killing, and in the end will only make it worse. This petition already has over 98,000 votes, because people are idiots.

There is another petition, calling for Congress to enact legislation allowing teachers to CC. Here is the link, Whitehouse.gov arm teacher please log in and sign your name. We have thousands of members on this forum, the more signatures, the more it will be taken seriously. It's already at 4,000. Think of what it could be if every active XDtalk member went and signed that petition.

I suppose the legislation would look something like this:
1) Faculty who are directly responsible for the safety and well-being of one or more students shall be authorized to carry a firearm. This should include teachers, security guards, and senior administration(principal, VP). Inclusion of ancillary staff such as bus drivers, janitors, food prep staff, and librarians should be decided by the state or school board.
2) While states and schools may decide the form of carry, preventing teachers from carrying a firearm will be illegal without due cause(ineligibility to possess a firearm, irrational or mentally unstable behavior, disciplinary action).
3)Educators who wish to carry a firearm on school grounds must complete a course, with state-defined curriculum that provides adequate training for the defense of the school against live shooters, while instructing carriers on the proper ways to carry so as to not allow access of the firearm to students. A refresher course should be required annually or every other year.
4)If unwilling to comply with the federal regulation, a state legislature must provide law enforcement officers at each school who must be allowed to carry their duty weapons.

That's my $.02, anyway. Feel free to comment on any changes.
Noble .22 pump short long LR
Fileobrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9359
Problem is CC laws are state laws as are where you can carry.

Please excuse typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 74540
Signed, done. I don't think it will go anywhere, but it's worth a shot.
geckohawaii88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowserb View Post
Problem is CC laws are state laws as are where you can carry.

Please excuse typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Quote:
2) While states and schools may decide the form of carry, preventing teachers from carrying a firearm will be illegal without due cause(ineligibility to possess a firearm, irrational or mentally unstable behavior, disciplinary action).
Obviously, if CC is illegal in city X, a teacher can't carry there. Also, number 4 would go into effect in that situation.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckohawaii88 View Post
Signed, done. I don't think it will go anywhere, but it's worth a shot.
Thanks for your support. You may be right, but at least they will know where we stand.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

I agree with the idea, but if a state does not allow guns in schools, that is it. They are also not going to accept more unfunded mandates from the federal government. The states are broke already...they cannot hire more police for schools. These WH petitions are useless anyway. The WH staff probably sits around laughing at what people are asking for.

Obama hates guns, and even more hates gun owners. He is not going to support anything that does not directly increase gun/gun owner control.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 18979
There is a federal law that prohibits carrying in schools, but it has an exception for state-licensed carry. I think because of the 9th or 10th Amendment, federal law can't overrule state law on this. So I think neither the President nor the Congress could make this happen, even if they wanted to. The only part of the federal government that could make it legal to carry in schools is the Supreme Court, by striking down the state laws that forbid school carry.
WARNING: The above post may contain material of a humorous or ironic nature. Any grammar or spelling errors may be intended to enhance the aforesaid humor or irony. Please consider carefully before responding.

I don't care that he's black. I hate him because he's Red.

The guy who thinks he's the smartest one in the room never is.

Bucc5207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
XDTalk 20K Member

Member #: 63819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucc5207 View Post
There is a federal law that prohibits carrying in schools, but it has an exception for state-licensed carry. I think because of the 9th or 10th Amendment, federal law can't overrule state law on this. So I think neither the President nor the Congress could make this happen, even if they wanted to. The only part of the federal government that could make it legal to carry in schools is the Supreme Court, by striking down the state laws that forbid school carry.
They could repeal said federal law

Vestra stultitia exstasis me.

Credere, sed verificare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Helpdesk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 18979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpdesk9 View Post
They could repeal said federal law

Vestra stultitia exstasis me.
They could, but it wouldn't matter. The federal law doesn't apply if you have a state carry license and your state allows you to carry in schools. If your state forbids carry on school grounds even with a permit, repealing the federal law would make no difference.

Seems to me the only thing the federal law does is to make school shootings a federal crime. Big deal. School shooters never get arrested.
WARNING: The above post may contain material of a humorous or ironic nature. Any grammar or spelling errors may be intended to enhance the aforesaid humor or irony. Please consider carefully before responding.

I don't care that he's black. I hate him because he's Red.

The guy who thinks he's the smartest one in the room never is.

Bucc5207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

I just signed the referenced petition. The other one the OP mentioned is now up to over 151,000 signers. They're coming to get our guns.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Political Discussions » RKBA News and Information

2nd amendment, gun-free zones, law enforcement

Search tags for this page

arm the teachers petition

federal petition to arm educators
legislation arm teacher
legislation to arm teachers
petition to arm educators
petition to arm teachers
Click on a term to search for related topics.