• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

PETITION: A Gun In Every Classroom - Whitehouse.gov

This is a discussion on PETITION: A Gun In Every Classroom - Whitehouse.gov within the RKBA News and Information forums, part of the Political Discussions category; I can't say that I trust all school personnel to be armed. Perhaps armed security sub-contractors, but not teachers and principals. Not all people are ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Political Discussions » RKBA News and Information » PETITION: A Gun In Every Classroom - Whitehouse.gov

Old 12-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #21
XDTalk Member

Member #: 83557
I can't say that I trust all school personnel to be armed. Perhaps armed security sub-contractors, but not teachers and principals.

Not all people are capable of responsibly owning, using, or carrying a gun.
Destrokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #22
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 73304
I think schools should either provide armed security (i.e. guards or police), AND/OR arm some teachers and provide a LOT of training. Either answer is Right! There is no reason why not to arm teachers being teachers are some of the most educated, level headed, able to reason individuals in society. Sure it would not be appropriate for every teacher do to moral, philosophical, and religious reasons, but I think it could work. Schools would simply need to provide a place to lock up their gun(s) that is more secure than a locked classroom desk drawer... and they would just need to run the program in a way where the students, parents, teachers, and staff do not know who is participating in the program. If nothing else to protect the participants from ridicule from their peers and parents!

Either way they need to 1) Enforce Gun-Free Zones with checkpoints OR 2) Arm a group of people other than the bad guys... It is just wrong to put up signs and declare Gun-Free-Zones, when only the law-abiding citizens are going to obey those signs. The same people who obey those signs aren't the type that would do a shooting anyway, so the current system needs to be revamped.
Perhaps the answer is Metal Detectors! They could make pants with plastic zippers and buttons, back packs/bags with plastic zippers (think most are), and binders with plastic rings... If they could walk through without being stopped, having to take off their shoes, empty their pockets, have all their stuff x-rayed, maybe #1 wouldn't have to be so bad... Body scanners shouldn't be needed because manufacturers, still CANNOT make a plastic guns; hell, even a Glock (mostly plastic) still has a metal upper, sear, springs, firing pin, barrel etc. Not to mention metal detectors DO detect non ferrous (non-magnetic) metals like brass, lead, copper.

What they should do to start:
1. Query a State database for who has a CWP and silently have the Principal make a private appointment with each of those teachers; since, they are receptive of firearms and have already demonstrated due diligence.
2. Explain that participation is private and they are NOT to disclose to other staff, teachers, students, parents.
3. Explain that do to money appropriation schools can't afford to give out guns, but if they sign up they are welcome to bring their own before/after work directly to the classroom desk drawer... provided it is appropriately inconspicuous.
4. In those classrooms, pay a welder to weld a safe into whichever desk drawer will hold the gun... and help the teacher setup a combination, finger-print or whatever. Just make sure there is a safe place that is safer than a desk drawer.
5. Let it be known if someone sees them with a gun and they get reported they loose their job unless it is in the case of an Active Shooter on campus... and they are 100% responsible for their firearm even if stolen (unless it is in the safe provided).
NETWizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #23
XDTalk Member

Member #: 40841
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3nce321 View Post
Please sign the petition on the below link. With the amount of assistance and members of this forum alone, WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...uring/BR1Wj8cc
You have some competition.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...gress/2tgcXzQC
Smooth Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #24
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 60514
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesCarbonFiber View Post
A gun in every classroom is the dumbest idea. 1 or 2 armed security guards is more then enough to deter and/or stop possible violence.
Not enough police in the world to protect every place where a shooting could happen. Widespread public carry is the only solution to this. The only question is how many more have to die before we realize it.
"Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave." - Thomas 'Stonewall' Jackson

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson
711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Political Discussions » RKBA News and Information

ccw, petition, protect, rights, teachers

Search tags for this page

a gun in every classroom

gun in every classroom

gun in every classroom petition
how many people agree with guns in classrooms
newtown
petition

petition a gun in every classroom

petition to end gun free zone in schools
put a gun at every school
put guns in classrooms
reasons for a gun in every classroom
stun gun in every classroom
teacher petition a gun in every classrom
whitehouse gun in every classroom petition
whitehouse petition gun in every classroom
Click on a term to search for related topics.