• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDS Recall

This is a discussion on XDS Recall within the Powder River Precision forums, part of the Forum Sponsors & Commerce category; ***Notice*** Springfield Armory has issued an important safety recall for the XDS pistols. We recommend that you go to their website for more information. We ...

Old 08-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 17528
XDS Recall

***Notice***
Springfield Armory has issued an important safety recall for the XDS pistols. We recommend that you go to their website for more information. We strongly recommend that you send your XDS pistol in for this recall. It is our understanding that the grip safety is one of the parts that is affected by the recall and that it will need to be replaced with one of a new design. If you have one of our extended grip safeties it will need to be replaced with the upgraded grip safety. We are working on making a new extended grip safety that will be compatible with the upgraded parts that are replaced by Springfield's recall. Once we have the new grip safeties into production we will be offering an exchange to our customers that have already purchased our Extend Grip Safety for their XDS pistols.
Thank you for your Business and Support,
Daniel Batchelor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
powder river is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 95267
What are the chances of the new upgraded extended grip safety coming in a kit with the disconnector and other recalled parts, I would definitely be interested, and first in line to order a DIY upgrade/ instant recall kit.
alucard0822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 84683
Recall upgrade kit

Yes definitely. I would also be interested in an recall upgrade kit to replace my extended grip safety. Thanks!
jafulcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 94263
That's for getting ahead of this and posting the notice.

I purposely sent mine back to SA with your extended grip safety installed.

We'll see how they handle that.
doc540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 83573
Thanks for the info. I was doing a Tueller drill and didn't grip the firearm just right so I'm toast. I was just going to research extended grip safeties and will continue to better my technique (after I get it back from SA). I'll definitely look you guys up when it comes back.
gonefishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 94263
from SA:

"A10: Springfield will be putting the pistol back as if it were new from the factory. All aftermarket parts will be returned to the owner along with their pistol."

good to know my extended grip safety will be returned with my XDs
doc540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80445
This is copied from SA's website:
Q3: What new parts were added?
A3: The upgrade parts include a redesigned grip safety, sear, grip safety spring and sear spring.

I have the PRP spring kit and from what SA is saying are changing out springs also. So if what I posted above is correct will PRP offer something for current owners that have already purchased their spring kits once they have a "new kit"?It might be too early to say until PRP gets their hands on a updated gun.
Duty is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Powder River Precision

Search tags for this page
how to know if your xds needs a recall
springfield armory xds recall upgrade kit
springfield xds recall forum
what parts are being replaced on xds recall
what parts were replaced on xds upgrade
xds forum recall

xds recall

xds recall forum

xds recall forums
xds recall parts
xds recall what's replaced
xdsrecall
Click on a term to search for related topics.