• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Concealed carry - loaded chamber?

This is a discussion on Concealed carry - loaded chamber? within the The Polling Place forums, part of the Use and Training category; Sorry reading is fun....I too have to take mine off going into a bank. I unholster with my thumb on the back of the slide ...

View Poll Results: Concealed carry - loaded or unloaded chamber with the XD?
Loaded chamber 432 91.33%
Unloaded chamber 41 8.67%
Voters: 473. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #21
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13198
Sorry reading is fun....I too have to take mine off going into a bank. I unholster with my thumb on the back of the slide as to not engage the grip safety. I do the same when reholstering, more to be sure the slide is in battery.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #22
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23515
Seriously, Can we go 1 WEEK without haveing this same thread. We need a sticky....or maybe a supersized SEARCH icon. Talk about beating a dead hourse. That will be the end of my rant.

That being said, if you dont carry with one in the pipe, leave the gun at home and dont carry it. I believe that it take 1.5 sec for a person to travel 21 ft. Try drawing, chambering a round, getting on target, and firing. I doubt that you will be able to do it, espesially under stress.

Guns...what guns...
Chris 141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #23
XDTalk Member

Member #: 6244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
When you're re-holstering, keep your bugger hook off the trigger and you're your palm off the grip safety. Then there's now way for it to go off.

What he said.
jdlv4_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #24
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 25978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
Well alright, I'd say the general opinion is to keep a cartridge chambered or leave the gun at home! I appreciate the feedback. I love this Great State despite the cancerous tumor hanging from our South border. I was hesitant with the bank thing - for some reason I thought the cop who taught the safety class said not to carry in a bank. I understand federal buildings and post offices require us to leave our constitutional rights at the door. What about local government buildings with no conspicuous sign on the front?

If you would like to learn more about Oregon Gun Laws, check out this site and buy the book. I have it, and it is a very good read. Things in there that I didn't know about portland, (holy cow, what a messed up city) must all be from kalifornia...LOL but it is a Good book to have to help you understand Oregon's laws. It has the answer to almost EVERY question you could think of. Worth the 16.94.

Oregon Firearms Federation OFF

http://oregonfirearms.org/store/uorlbk.html

Also, don't be afraid to ask any question, even if that question was asked before by someone else, because there is NO stupid question, EVER, if you don't know it, then you don't know it, so then ask...

As always, Stay Safe.

Cogito, ergo armatum sum
"I think, therefore I am Armed"

Psalm 144-1
Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.

Last edited by xd.40nut; 01-08-2009 at 11:46 PM.
xd.40nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #25
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 31428
lock and load.

No free man shall be debarred the use of arms. -Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorized Congress to prevent the People of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -Samuel Adams
Hawflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #26
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 31428
Added bonus, you get one more round in your pistol.

No free man shall be debarred the use of arms. -Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorized Congress to prevent the People of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -Samuel Adams
Hawflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #27
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 12423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubs View Post
Carrying unloaded is just asking for trouble, IMO. One may not have the time to rack a round when the SHTF!
agreed 100%
alan0269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #28
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 32234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 141 View Post
Seriously, Can we go 1 WEEK without haveing this same thread. We need a sticky....or maybe a supersized SEARCH icon. Talk about beating a dead hourse. That will be the end of my rant.
I did a search of the archives before asking this question, as I do before asking any question on any forum. So pardon the F out of me. If you don't want to be bothered by such questions again then perhaps the search feature should be worked on.
Asclepius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #29
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30423
Quote:
Originally Posted by machron1 View Post
glad i live in oregon because there is almost no place i need to worry about carrying. but honestly, you need to figure SOMETHING out to enable carrying while chambered. how dumb (or dead) would you feel if something happened and someone got the jump on you while you were racking the slide? i remember the first time i was actually carrying locked and loaded (army in bosnia). it felt strange because every time i had ever chambered a round ever since i was a kid, it was because it was about to go bang, and it just felt weird walking or driving around like that, but i got used to it. you can't become complacent, but you can't be cautious to the point of paranoia either. you have to to be both comfortable and respectful with your weapon.
In Oregon,do they not have church's,supermarket's,malls,
restaurants or other public places ? I wish it were easy to be able to pick where a problem would occur, we would all just avoid that place. Trust me Oregon has a lot of crime regardless of the what the liberal politician's say.

I agree with your statement though, you have to be comfortable and respectful of your weapon.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #30
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 11911
If I felt safe enough to carry a gun without a round in the chamber then I wouldn't carry a gun. If I need it, its gonna be ready to go before I ever touch it.
spyderman2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » The Polling Place

carry, chamber, concealed, loaded, unloaded

Search tags for this page
can i carry my concealed weapon loaded
can i carry my gun loaded
can you carry a loaded gun with a concealed weapons permit
carry loaded or unloaded
carrying with a loaded chamber
carrying xd chambered
chamber loaded or unloaded when carrying concealed
concealed carry gun loaded
concealed carry loaded
concealed carry loaded chamber

concealed carry loaded or unloaded

does military carry loaded chamber
is it legal to have your weapon loaded while concealed in sc
should i carry my ccw loaded
should i carry my gun loaded
with ccw carry loaded
Click on a term to search for related topics.