• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Concealed carry - loaded chamber?

This is a discussion on Concealed carry - loaded chamber? within the The Polling Place forums, part of the Use and Training category; i keep my xd9sc in the holster, right hip. if i take the weapon off, i unbuckle belt, remove two loops, and pull holster off. ...

View Poll Results: Concealed carry - loaded or unloaded chamber with the XD?
Loaded chamber 432 91.33%
Unloaded chamber 41 8.67%
Voters: 473. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 31460
i keep my xd9sc in the holster, right hip. if i take the weapon off, i unbuckle belt, remove two loops, and pull holster off. Works for me.
community is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #12
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25708
When you're re-holstering, keep your bugger hook off the trigger and you're your palm off the grip safety. Then there's now way for it to go off.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom... The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else... You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
--Dr. Adrian Rogers
"The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest."
-- My wife
Wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 25978
Being a fellow Oregonian, why don't you carry into a bank? If you carry concealed, and have a permit, you are good to go. Just do not show it off, flash it, jsut keep it concealed.
Banks are NOT a Federal building, the money is Federally protected, but they are Not a federal building, therefore, you can carry concealed in a bank.

Full magazine, and One in the Pipe at ALL times.

As always, Stay Safe.

Cogito, ergo armatum sum
"I think, therefore I am Armed"

Psalm 144-1
Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
xd.40nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #14
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 31254
locked and loaded!
kaizenboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #15
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 29363
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd.40nut View Post
Being a fellow Oregonian, why don't you carry into a bank? If you carry concealed, and have a permit, you are good to go. Just do not show it off, flash it, jsut keep it concealed.
Banks are NOT a Federal building, the money is Federally protected, but they are Not a federal building, therefore, you can carry concealed in a bank.

Full magazine, and One in the Pipe at ALL times.

As always, Stay Safe.
lol i didn't look to see where the OP was from. i just assumed he was not from our great state because there is no reason to leave your gun in the car to go to the bank, and lots of reasons to take it with (ever heard of bank robbers?) lol. if you live in oregon, you can carry pretty everywhere...
mr1incred1ble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #16
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 32234
Well alright, I'd say the general opinion is to keep a cartridge chambered or leave the gun at home! I appreciate the feedback. I love this Great State despite the cancerous tumor hanging from our South border. I was hesitant with the bank thing - for some reason I thought the cop who taught the safety class said not to carry in a bank. I understand federal buildings and post offices require us to leave our constitutional rights at the door. What about local government buildings with no conspicuous sign on the front?

Last edited by Asclepius; 01-08-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Asclepius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #17
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 25948
Yes. Only way to go. For safety when unholstering/reholstering I have my thumb on the rear sight and finger off the trigger. Gun can't go boom! On the flip side, if you carry with an empty chamber, and need to use your gun, you'll draw with a good "ready to fire grip," but gun can't go boom until the slide is racked! Be smart about it and you'll be safe.
Savage 99 EG .300 Savage
Mossberg 500A 12 ga
Egyptian Maadi MISR S/A

"At long last I have discovered that most shooters are not interested in firearms as tools, but rather as toys. Such people do not acquire their weapons because of what they will do, but rather to gratify the "Christmas morning joy" that we largely left behind in our childhood.
"

-Jeff Cooper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
rickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #18
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 17248
An unchambered carry gun is a rock. Always chambered and ready.
The 2A wasn’t meant to allow public citizens to keep and bear arms. If it had there would have been wording such as 'The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.' -Ken Konecki

Tally XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:00 PM   #19
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 26164
I can understand the question because when I first started to carry I did not chamber a round. I felt like I did not have the confidence to carry a "loaded" gun.
Then my son yelled at me and gave me a word of advice: "Finger Off The Trigger!"
That pretty much took care of that issue.
XDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #20
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13198
just wondering, why are you holstering and unholstering? I know of one reason to take it out of the holster during everyday life. Unless you are talking about the first time you put it on in the morning. I carry IWB and I secure the belt first and then holster my sidearm. If you are talking about doing drawing drills at your house, you shouldn't even have live ammo in the same room with you let alone one in the pipe.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » The Polling Place

carry, chamber, concealed, loaded, unloaded

Search tags for this page
can i carry my concealed weapon loaded
can i carry my gun loaded
can you carry a loaded gun with a concealed weapons permit
carry loaded or unloaded
carrying with a loaded chamber
carrying xd chambered
chamber loaded or unloaded when carrying concealed
concealed carry gun loaded
concealed carry loaded
concealed carry loaded chamber

concealed carry loaded or unloaded

does military carry loaded chamber
is it legal to have your weapon loaded while concealed in sc
should i carry my ccw loaded
should i carry my gun loaded
with ccw carry loaded
Click on a term to search for related topics.