• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

revolver or auto?

This is a discussion on revolver or auto? within the The Polling Place forums, part of the Use and Training category; just wondered whitch you like better..i know i know its "XD talk" but because a guy has one XD he might have fifty wheelguns..just throw ...

View Poll Results: revolver or auto?
auto 60 57.69%
revolver 9 8.65%
i like both to darn much to choose 35 33.65%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2008, 02:01 AM   #1
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 16151
revolver or auto?

just wondered whitch you like better..i know i know its "XD talk" but because a guy has one XD he might have fifty wheelguns..just throw out what you like and some reasons why

i have two XD9S"s but i am really wanting a ruger gp-100 use to have one but i was a fool and sold it..but im getting the wheel gun bug again.
devilslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-25-2008, 03:30 AM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 22941
The Smith & Wesson Model 10 “Military/Police” Revolver.

The pistol has an extensive history of being a well proven and reliable weapon for both Law Enforcement personal and the many branches of our Armed Forces.

I came across this M10 revolver a few months ago while I was looking over a showcase and while I was browsing the display cabinet I notice a few of these gems laying on the bottom shelf and marked with price tag that I would conceder reasonable for their current condition, the pistols were and for the most part very clean and only showed just the slightest evidence of service and/or holster wear manly around the muzzle tip and all were assigned to a local Sheriff’s office and are stamped as such and had been sold off on the open market to a few of the local shops in town.

I qualified and was Awarded a ribbon in Small-Arms Marksmanship with a pistol just like this back in the mid-80’s and thought nothing of the weapon assigned to me at that time other than why hasn’t the military gone to something cool like the M9 pistol yet! and while there are many well documented articles written about the M10. I came across a personal writing by a individual that was so well written I thought I’d share his note and “quote” his written words because they pretty much sum up the S&W M10

Quote:
The Model 10 is the "everything you need and nothing you don't" handgun. It has been around in its basic form since 1899 when Smith & Wesson introduced the first version of their "Military & Police" hand ejector.

The Model 10 is a solid, dependable and reasonably powerful revolver. It is not the lightest, most powerful, or most concealable revolver on the market, but it is reliable as a hammer. It is also a very flexible weapon: the M10 basic action can be had with a multitude of barrel lengths and grip profiles.

The M10 is a mature, reliable, easy to shoot platform. In the hands of a skilled shooter, it still performs as well as any of the new wonderguns on the market, and better than many. It can launch anything from powder-puff wad cutters to near-Magnum +P+ loads, and it will go bang six times without fail when called upon. I can think of few carry weapons that give me the warm and fuzzes like a S&W K frame, and the M10/M&P is the oldest and best of the bunch.

These days, everybody wants small-frame Magnums made out of Styrofoam, but the steel K frames in .38 Special are more affordable, easier to shoot well, more durable than and just as effective as anything else on the market.

Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:52 AM   #3
Old Timer

Member #: 20418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globemaster View Post
The Smith & Wesson Model 10 “Military/Police” Revolver.

The pistol has an extensive history of being a well proven and reliable weapon for both Law Enforcement personal and the many branches of our Armed Forces.

I came across this M10 revolver a few months ago while I was looking over a showcase and while I was browsing the display cabinet I notice a few of these gems laying on the bottom shelf and marked with price tag that I would conceder reasonable for their current condition, the pistols were and for the most part very clean and only showed just the slightest evidence of service and/or holster wear manly around the muzzle tip and all were assigned to a local Sheriff’s office and are stamped as such and had been sold off on the open market to a few of the local shops in town.

I qualified and was Awarded a ribbon in Small-Arms Marksmanship with a pistol just like this back in the mid-80’s and thought nothing of the weapon assigned to me at that time other than why hasn’t the military gone to something cool like the M9 pistol yet! and while there are many well documented articles written about the M10. I came across a personal writing by a individual that was so well written I thought I’d share his note and “quote” his written words because they pretty much sum up the S&W M10

Quote:
The Model 10 is the "everything you need and nothing you don't" handgun. It has been around in its basic form since 1899 when Smith & Wesson introduced the first version of their "Military & Police" hand ejector.

The Model 10 is a solid, dependable and reasonably powerful revolver. It is not the lightest, most powerful, or most concealable revolver on the market, but it is reliable as a hammer. It is also a very flexible weapon: the M10 basic action can be had with a multitude of barrel lengths and grip profiles.

The M10 is a mature, reliable, easy to shoot platform. In the hands of a skilled shooter, it still performs as well as any of the new wonderguns on the market, and better than many. It can launch anything from powder-puff wad cutters to near-Magnum +P+ loads, and it will go bang six times without fail when called upon. I can think of few carry weapons that give me the warm and fuzzes like a S&W K frame, and the M10/M&P is the oldest and best of the bunch.

These days, everybody wants small-frame Magnums made out of Styrofoam, but the steel K frames in .38 Special are more affordable, easier to shoot well, more durable than and just as effective as anything else on the market.

But I can carry that all confined to one pistol.
16 rounds +1 XD9...............
No bulky speedloaders..............
1lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 21584
I have both an xd9 service and a 2 inch model 10. I like them both and will probably carry both at on time or another.
Mosin Nagant
When in doubt empty the magazine.
Ncrotti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 20497
auto for the win!
Remington 870 express 12 gauge
Savage .17 BVTS
Old old .22 rifle
DPMS AP4 .308
PSE Brute 50-60#

"Worse $hit happens to better people" - Me.
ColoXD_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 22567
On an XD Automatic pistol forum do you really need to ask this question?
xdgunner9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:30 AM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 22837
The auto (if you're talking rate of fire) can be a superior firepower weapon. The revolver is (if you're talking caliber) can be a superior firepower weapon (yes I know all about the desert eagle... and I'm sure less than 1% of the people in this forum or country for that matter own one thus making this realistic to our average gun owner). I like them both too much. Allthough you can always rely on the trusty ol' revolver to perform for you. (and yes I'm aware that joe blow somewhere out there has seen or heard on a rare occasion of someone's revolver didn't perform) Additionally I also know about that guy (what ever his name is who's dead) that has the worlds fastest revolver fire rate... none of you are him so there for I'm basing my statement on more realistic expectations of the average gun owner.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:40 AM   #8
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
IMO, you can't beat a reliable semi-auto. However, I do still use revolvers for hunting and target purposes regularly.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 16227
I'm sure most everyone has said this... but I'll say it again.

Revolvers will go bang every time no matter what.

But auto's are by far more fun to shoot... You only get five (or six) "Booms" from a revolver... But you can get 15 or 20 from an auto.

To me, that's the deciding factor, I guess.

joe
thejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 12073
Both for me. Depends on when/where I'm carrying.

When I'm hiking, biking, etc., I'd rather carry my .357 mag. SP101 for critter control and crash issues (mag can become unseated when you crash off the bike carrying semi-auto).

Other times, I usually carry my XD45C or EMP, primarily for the capacity issue.

===============================================
Bycyclist is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » The Polling Place

Search tags for this page
colt pistol polisi
gambar foto pistol revolver
gambar handgun
gambar pestol

gambar pistol

gambar pistol glock

gambar pistol polisi

gambar pistol revolver

gambar revolver
gambarpistol
pistol gambar
pistol polisi
pistol polisi militer
police revolvers
revolver polisi
xd for law enforcement
Click on a term to search for related topics.