• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Nightstand Gun???

This is a discussion on Nightstand Gun??? within the The Polling Place forums, part of the Use and Training category; I was just wondering what you would choose for a nightstand gun. I have a gun vault in my nightstand and I have a choice ...

View Poll Results: Which gun for the nightstand
XD 9 SC 15 13.89%
XD 45 Service 86 79.63%
Glock 23 .40S&W 7 6.48%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 12420
Nightstand Gun???

I was just wondering what you would choose for a nightstand gun. I have a gun vault in my nightstand and I have a choice of the XD 9 SC, XD 45 Service or the Glock 23 .40S&W. What would be best??

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
dtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-23-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 11567
The XD45. It's going to be my carry gun until I can get something smaller, but then adding a set of night sights and a rail-light will make for a pretty mean house gun.
Fifty million new Americans have died in abortions since 1973. Where were their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Why do we turn a blind eye toward--or worse, cheer on--a holocaust within our own land? Please, choose life for your baby.

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." --Jesus, John 14:6 (ESV)

Proud member of the AKM operator's club.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
DanTheEldest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:44 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 12983
Which witch?

As indicated I would choose the XD 45 Unless you house is really dark at night I wouldn't put a light on it. Can you find your way around without additional light? remembr if your in bed with the lights out, you eyes will be better adjsted than someone walking in from a lighted street. or if you in a rural area you should install lights outside.
rwilson452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 11567
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilson452
As indicated I would choose the XD 45 Unless you house is really dark at night I wouldn't put a light on it. Can you find your way around without additional light? remembr if your in bed with the lights out, you eyes will be better adjsted than someone walking in from a lighted street. or if you in a rural area you should install lights outside.
I can find my way around just fine--it's illuminating/blinding a bad guy that would make the light useful.
Fifty million new Americans have died in abortions since 1973. Where were their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Why do we turn a blind eye toward--or worse, cheer on--a holocaust within our own land? Please, choose life for your baby.

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." --Jesus, John 14:6 (ESV)

Proud member of the AKM operator's club.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
DanTheEldest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 12028
You can't beat a good .45 ACP JHP for home defense.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:49 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 9181
I am using an XD-45 Service with tac light. .45 stopping power, Decent capacity, it has a light, I trust it to work. And most of all, I doubt the Aguilas will penetrate a wall.

LUVMYSIGP225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:52 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 12420
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilson452
My street is very dark at night and I live at the end of a dead end street, I have 5 motion lights around my home. I can find my way around without additional lights. I was thinking of the 45 with a rail light. Thanks

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
dtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:12 PM   #8
Old Timer

Member #: 6414
Use whichever one you're most proficient with.
chupacabrachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 12842
If it wasn't for my kids... I'd have a set of ear muffs on each side of the bed and a KELTEC PLR 16 on the night stand. Since I don't want deaf kids (and don't have a can for it yet) I'd opt for 45 service with rail light.

FWIW Mine will be (as soon as it's broken in) a service XD9 with rail light. Comes off the belt and on to the nightstand.

Quote:
Use whichever one you're most proficient with.
+1
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:37 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 12314
I voted for the 45, but actually keep my XD40SC by the bed, in the shower, in the car, in the office....Wait a sec, does this gun ever leave me?
P9
rich999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » The Polling Place

Search tags for this page

nightstand gun

Click on a term to search for related topics.