• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XD .45 Service wildly innacurate.

This is a discussion on XD .45 Service wildly innacurate. within the The Polling Place forums, part of the Use and Training category; I am shooting Winchester ball ammo and plinking ammo from some of the other big manufacturers and getting huge 10" groups at 12-25 yards. I ...

View Poll Results: no poll- Accident
NO poll 4 50.00%
NO poll 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2009, 01:04 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 33838
Unhappy XD .45 Service wildly innacurate.

I am shooting Winchester ball ammo and plinking ammo from some of the other big manufacturers and getting huge 10" groups at 12-25 yards. I am dead on with a 1911 (sub 2" groups at 25 yards) and less than 3" with a Glock .45 . My friends that shoot with me all notice how terrible the accuracy is. On rare occasion I can get 2 within 2" but after that they fly everywhere. Im starting to wish I had bought a Glock .45 . HELP!
XD .45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-12-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 20695
How long have you had your XD? If you went from 1911s to the XD there is a transition period as you get used to the larger grip and the trigger. Just keep shooting the XD and your group size will come down to what it should be.

Your Neighborhood Friendly Car Salesman
Vandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:07 AM   #3
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 11689
Strange.

I've found every XD I've shot to be pretty accurate. At the very least I expect defensive accuracy from them, but I haven't found one that wouldn't keep it in 3.5" at 25...and that includes the SC.

Bench rest it first. If you're sure it's the gun call SA and see what they say.

- Ryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

All biology is chemistry, all chemistry is physics, all physics is math, all math is philosophy, and all philosophy is bull....
robinsre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:08 AM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 32989
Location: west by god virginia born and raised. pittsburgh right now for school.
your problem is your used to shooting glocks and 1911s. keep shooting and youll get used to it. btw welcome from west virginia.

"You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
-Isoroku Yamamoto
treboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:15 AM   #5
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 18481
You are pulling the trigger.... Put some more practice in. The XD trigger is different then any other trigger and takes some practice to get it right. Just my opinion.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:37 AM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 17424
Welcome to the forum!

Last edited by GimmieBoost; 02-12-2009 at 07:39 AM.
GimmieBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:58 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 23186
Have you considered that you might not be used to the shorter sight radius? I've known people who chose an XD tactical over a service because of the same reasons. Give yourself some time with the service, it's a great gun.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 28273
My XD45C is every bit as accurate as my 92FS. Just give it some time to get comfortable in your hands and you'll see an improvement. You can't switch from one pistol to the next and expect equal or greater accuracy every time. Welcome from Virginia

Don't make me turn the CAPS lock on...
ghost--scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #9
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 8434
Stop shooting .40S&W ammo out of your .45acp gun!

Seriously, if you could post a pic of your target, it would be a lot easier to diagnose the problem.
Who dare while others fly...
They build a nation's pillars deep
And lift them to the sky. - Emerson

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzche
danp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:32 PM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 11567
I'm with the others--shoot it more and preferably off a rest or sandbags before making a decision. I encountered the same thing the first time I shot a Sig P229 right after a hundred rounds through my XD. The trigger and overall feel of the gun were so different I could barely keep it in the scoring rings.
Fifty million new Americans have died in abortions since 1973. Where were their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Why do we turn a blind eye toward--or worse, cheer on--a holocaust within our own land? Please, choose life for your baby.

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." --Jesus, John 14:6 (ESV)

Proud member of the AKM operator's club.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
DanTheEldest is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » The Polling Place

.45acp, accuracy, innaccurate

Search tags for this page

xd 45 service

xd45 wiki
Click on a term to search for related topics.