• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Who would be less dangerous to America?

This is a discussion on Who would be less dangerous to America? within the The Polling Place forums, part of the Use and Training category; I'm just curious to hear what you all say. Mark Steyn said today (partially in jest), that if King George III was running against McCain ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » The Polling Place » Who would be less dangerous to America?

View Poll Results: Who would be LESS dangerous to America?
King George III 27 67.50%
Obama 10 25.00%
I have no opinion, I fell asleep in history class, I just like to vote in polls 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
Who would be less dangerous to America?

I'm just curious to hear what you all say.

Mark Steyn said today (partially in jest), that if King George III was running against McCain and Obama in the election he'd be the smaller government candidate.

Those of you that know your history know that our founders went to war for less than we're putting up with everyday in America, so I'm curious to hear what you think.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 28273
One tried to destroy the country from without, the other will try from within. Just my opinion.

Don't make me turn the CAPS lock on...
ghost--scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
I was really interested to know what people think. Certainly King George did horrible things: quartering troops, dissolving legislatures selected by the people, etc.

But in all reality the English government was probably smaller than the current American government...

I'd be interested if people had hard facts about the number of people in service of the King during the colonial period.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

&

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
XDTalk 50K Member

Member #: 29563
But look at the sheeple in the UK today!

Bring Back Ronnie! He was the best.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 26813
George gave in whenever Americans boycotted British goods. Easy enough to defeat
BigP is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » The Polling Place

america, george, king, obama, tyranny

Search tags for this page

what place is less dangerous

Click on a term to search for related topics.