• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Swedish Browning 1907 Husqvarna 380 ACP LOTS OF PICS...

This is a discussion on Swedish Browning 1907 Husqvarna 380 ACP LOTS OF PICS... within the Photo Gallery forums, part of the Use and Training category; Hey everyone. Got a chance to snag some of my grandfather's pistols to take with me to the range this weekend. One in particular I ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » Photo Gallery » Swedish Browning 1907 Husqvarna 380 ACP LOTS OF PICS...

Old 03-31-2008, 07:32 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 21662
Swedish Browning 1907 Husqvarna 380 ACP LOTS OF PICS...

Hey everyone. Got a chance to snag some of my grandfather's pistols to take with me to the range this weekend. One in particular I found pretty interesting and cool. Wanted to take a few pics of it and show you. I havent seen one before, and after searching around, cant really find many for sale. I dont think its necessarily rare...but still cool.

Unfortunetly, Im not sure of the history of it. My grandfather has had major strokes, and along with not having much use of his right arm, he also cant talk very well. Not well enough to convey a story atleast. Im workin on it though. Stuff is in his head and he knows what he wants to say...but it doesnt come out.

Anyway. Its a cool little pistol. Probably hasnt been cleaned for YEARS. My dad remembers it when he was young (60's), and is pretty sure my grandpa never even field stripped it to clean it. Its got a funky field strip procedure. So I decided to braek it down, and clean it up and give it some oil. Try to make it run better. Dad said last time he shot it, it would jamb often.

Ok...Ill label the pics as I go, and Ill stop babbling haha. One thing that I liked...is it resembles a 1911 in some ways. The "levers" are weird, and I dont know the reasoning behind the way it works. But... Enjoy the pictures anyway!! Range report at the end

Here it is...

here is whats on the slide...cant pronouce most of it. haha.

It also has military markings, and the crown stamped ALL over it. Some of the internal parts have the crown too. I found a site with the history breakdown of what all the marks mean. Pretty interesting.

Continued below...

Last edited by ghettocruiser; 03-31-2008 at 07:48 AM.
ghettocruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-31-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Ok...Here is the function of the levers like I mentioned. There is no slide stop persay on the left side. There is one on the right side, but no way to release it easily. There is a safety on the left side, that sort of acts like a slide stop as well. Really weird... There is also a palm safety too. It is actually the whole back strap of the pistol.

Safety

Weird slide stop on right...

Locked and cocked.. Safety slides up. No trigger, and no slide action.

With the mag out, this is hwo you'd lock the slide open. With the safety lever. Its not ALL the way back...you'll see the next pic showing the right side. This is also the postion you put the pistol in when starting the field strip.

With an empty mag in...the pistol will lock back. At this point, the lever on the right is holding it. And its back past the safety. Now...I couldnt see an easy way to release the slide. Obviously the easiest way is with a full mag, rack the slide. And since this was a service pistol, it was probably condition 1 most of its life. But, you can release it if you pull back and move that lever. Just awkward.

The field strip procedure is weird. Clear the pistol, lock slide back with safety, rotate the BARREL 90*. Not the bushing, the barrel itself turns. Realease the slide ant the slide comes off the frame. Then the guide rod and spring comes out. Its a curious arrangement too. Once that happens, the bushing comes out, and the barrel will slide out. The pics are pretty self explanitory.

You can see the locking lugs on the barrel. When you rotate the barrel, you dis-engage those from the frame.

You can see the palm safety here.

The mag release. Which is a pain. Its stiff, and makes constant contact with the mag will dropping/inserting. Sometimes making it hard to get a mag in, even after I scrubbed it and oiled things.

Even has the original holster...which matches the pistol markings. Thought that was neat.

Cleaned it up as good as I could. There is quite a bit of metal damage in the pistol. Lots of gouges and markes, probably from being operated while not clean/lubed. Regardless, it shot pretty nice. Takes alittle to get used to it. It shoots to the left a bit. But I ran a mag (7 shots) through it rapid fire, and it didnt hiccup. I had two stove pipes. But the ammo might have been the cause. The 380 seemed to make weird holes. Almost like they were cartwheeling. So there might be an issue with the barrel... If I get the gun someday, Ide like a pro to go over it.

Well..hopefully some of you found that interesting! Or atleast liked the pics. The thing has some 1911 cues. Trigger seems like a smaller version of a 1911. And the general shape/function of the pistol. Just a cool piece.

J.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 67
Well preserved older machine.

Thanx for the pix.

Ed
Old 03-31-2008, 01:31 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Yeah...I only wish it were in my possesion. Its pretty neglected, as are all his pistols. He just cant clean them anymore. But DO NOT try to take them away from him. haha. He cant use his right arm much, but I will tell you something. He can shoot his .44 magnum with his left hand, double action, and is dead friggin accurate with it. Ive seen him shoot that thing... I shot it this weekend and had trouble with it. First 6 were ok. The rest hurt alittle...

Here is his .44. It gets taken care of and is perfect for the most part. Its one of those, "once its cocked...be ready". The single action is SO light..its scary.

Im going to gather the info from the site that I found on the m1907 about its history. Maybe put it together and if its interesting enough, ill post it up.

J.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23238
yeah My colt 1908 hammerless .25 breaks down exactly the same way just a miniature version of that gun except the colt does not have a slide stop on it so the slide does not stay open after the mag is empty. interesting gun there I've been thinking about purchasing one I see them occasionally on gunbroker.com. nice gun
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery. Forbid it O' Mighty God for I know not what course others may take. But as for me, Give me Liberty or give me Death. - Patrick Henry
[/FONT]
RIA 1911 .45ACP
Uberti Millenium .45LC
Rossi 461 .357mag
Heritage SA .22lr/.22mag
Maverick security 88 12ga
Marlin 70 .22lr
Walther P22 .22lr
Savage Mark II .22lr
charlie.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:12 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Thanks! It'll be mine some day Im sure. There are a couple on gunbroker right now. In the 400 dollar range I think. They dont come up easy... Gott search for "1907" at the main page. If you go into semi-pistols it doesnt find them for some reason.

J.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 40309
Swedish Browning

I own one of these pistols as well. Interestingly, my grandfather also gave it to me. From what I've been able find about it - from gramps and the internet - these pistols were originally chambered for the 9mm Browning Long cartridge. After they were decommissioned from service many police departments in the U.S. ordered them and they were rebarrelled for .380 auto. This round doesn't quite work because the rounds are too short, and it jams from time to time. I've been looking for an original 9mm barrel to put into it, but with little success. It seems to be fairly accurate and is fun to shoot! I do agree that the rounds seem to bounce around a bit. I wonder how much different it would be with the 9mm long rounds...
tall_will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 37792
It looks SOOO much like a Tokarev TT 33... I realize this came first, but damn...
Old 10-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 38779
I just inheritted my grandfathers Colt model 1903. I believe it was the first design for an auto loading pistol. Mine was manufactured in 1905. It is a great little gun chambered in .32 ACP. The sights are too small but other than that, its like shooting a 22. I had thought about geting it recoated in a matte finish since the gun will never be sold but I got flamed pretty good by some of the guys for even thinking about it.
mongovb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 87528
m/1907

My Grandpa also gave me a Husqvarna m/1907! I did not know that there are many around yet.
Ricochet4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » Photo Gallery

Search tags for this page
huskvarna pistol cal 380
husqvarna 1907 for sale
husqvarna 1911
husqvarna 380

husqvarna 380 pistol

husqvarna 380 pistol for sale
husqvarna 380 pistol value
husqvarna handguns
husqvarna m 1907
husqvarna model 1907
husqvarna vapenfabriks aktiebolag 380

husqvarna vapenfabriks aktiebolag 380 pistol

Click on a term to search for related topics.