Gave Duracoat a try this weekend, overall I am pleased with the make-over for this old 10/22. Of course I got carried away and did not take any before pics, but here it is after the last coat of matte clear. I would have to say that it really was easy and I am interested to see how durable it is. I can already tell that the metal parts are going to wear better than the softer plastic Choate stock. For a first try I learned a lot.
I did rush it a bit and really should have let the base coat dry overnight before putting on the camo stencils. The Matte Clear does add a neat effect to finish it off with. I will wait until tomorrow to put it back together.