• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Considering a Mosin-Nagant

This is a discussion on Considering a Mosin-Nagant within the Other Long Gun Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; As the title says, I am considering buying a Mosin from Bud's. I said in a post a while back that I did not want ...

Old 09-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 59320
Considering a Mosin-Nagant

As the title says, I am considering buying a Mosin from Bud's. I said in a post a while back that I did not want one b/c I already have a M1 Garand and was in the market for a modern rifle. Well, here I am, eating my words. I have the modern rifle now and am getting another itch. I am just thinking that for about $139 out the door, how can I pass that up. I was wondering who on here has experience with them (even better if it came from Bud's). Are they hard to strip/clean/restore. I left my M1 original (dings, scratches, and all), just cleaned it up. But this one I think I may want to restore. So, what say you? Is this a good move? Thanks.
Tankpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 50319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankpilot View Post
As the title says, I am considering buying a Mosin from Bud's. I said in a post a while back that I did not want one b/c I already have a M1 Garand and was in the market for a modern rifle. Well, here I am, eating my words. I have the modern rifle now and am getting another itch. I am just thinking that for about $139 out the door, how can I pass that up. I was wondering who on here has experience with them (even better if it came from Bud's). Are they hard to strip/clean/restore. I left my M1 original (dings, scratches, and all), just cleaned it up. But this one I think I may want to restore. So, what say you? Is this a good move? Thanks.
I didn't buy my 1943 Iszevsk M91/30 at Bud's. I bought it at a department store about four months ago on sale for $100 out the door. Mine came with a bayonet, sling, cleaning kit, oil bottle, and two ammo pouches.

Mosin Nagants typically come caked up with cosmoline. It took me about two hours to disassemble, clean, adjust, lube, and reassemble my rifle. No restoration necessary, since they have all been refurbished by the arsenal before they were put in storage by the Soviets. The stock has a few nicks and dings in it, but that gives it character.

It is a wonderful rifle, full of history, and nice to display on the rack. Everyone is amazed at how long and heavy it is, especially with the bayonet attached. It is loads of fun to shoot and surplus ammo is dirt cheap. I highly recommend buying one. You won't regret it.
PacoJose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 55822
Everyone should own at least 1.... or 2.

DONT TREAD ON ME!
TBS1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 54620
I have 2 nagants, bought em for 80 bucks a piece they both came with bayonet, sling cleaning stuff and 2 ammo carriers, all the usual goodie stuff I was lucky and the shop owner let me sort through em and I picked up 2 hex reciever nagants. there no tack drivers by any means but they are fairly accurate and there fun/cheap shooters when you want a big kaboom!
YoopermikeXDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 62617
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBS1911 View Post
Everyone should own at least 1.... or 2.
Or in some cases, mine, over a dozen.

Shoot the lawyer twice.

NRA Life
Thompson Collectors Association
Garand Collectors Association
United States Practical Shooting Association
Retarmyaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
If I were to buy a gun(s) as an investment, a case of Mosins would be hard to top. I may have to take a peak next time I am in Duhnams.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #7
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 54620
Tbh the nagants go rather well with my 98k's and the enfield No4 mk1, gotta love old mil surp guns!
YoopermikeXDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 43924
Buy it.

Flight 93
Okay, let's roll!" -Todd Beamer

I joined what are you waiting for

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

MrStarofDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 39657
I just bought a Nagat from Buds, I haven't received it yet, it should ship out tomorrow, hopefully. Really looking forward to it. I had emailed them today asking what comes with the Mosin, they replied saying it comes with, bayonet, pouches, oil can and sling. They say the Mosin's are in very good condition, I can let you know once I get mine, if it ships out tomorrow it should be here by Friday, Monday at the latest.

You can drink a shy girl crazy, you can drink till that good girl sins, you can even drink a ugly girl pretty, but you cant drink a fat girl thin. - Jeff Daniels

My wife thinks everything costs, "about a $100.. bucks".
- dsump 4/3/07
willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 27404
i was thinking about buying a few, except i was thinking about getting them from aim surplus.

if anyone has bought one from there and would like to chime in, itd be appreciated.
jrev04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » Other Long Gun Talk

Search tags for this page

buds mosin nagant

lai mosin nagant

liberty arms international mosin nagant

liberty arms superior grade mosin nagant for sale
mosin buying tips
mosin from buds

mosin nagant buds

mosin nagant buying guide
mosin nagant for sale buds

mosin nagant from buds

mosin nagant part 2 ralph
ralph's guide to mosin nagant

ralph's guide to mosin nagant 4

ralphs guide to buying mosin nagant
ralphs guide to mosin nagant part 4
ralph?s guide to buying your first mosin nagant 91/30 pt. 4
Click on a term to search for related topics.