• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

high end scopes

This is a discussion on high end scopes within the Optics and Glass forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I have wanted a high end scope for a long time and finally decided i deserve it! Problem is, there are too many choices! I ...

Old 05-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 33132
high end scopes

I have wanted a high end scope for a long time and finally decided i deserve it!

Problem is, there are too many choices! I am no optics expert so need some opinions on these 2 scope brands.

Swarovski z6 series or night force NXS series?

The scope i choose will be used on my long range prairie dog rifle so it will not be abused by falling off horses or climbing mountains.

My main concerns are the brightness and clarity of the optics,a scope clear enough to see .22 calibre holes in a target from 200 yards!

The scope that i choose will be in the range of 18-25 power at the top end.

The price range of the 2 scope brands are roughly the same, the night force seems to be built for extreme use and has an illuminated reticle which i really don't need.

I am sure there will be many opinions on this but i would like the hear from people that have used one or both of the scopes.

thanks

don
dglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglock View Post
I have wanted a high end scope for a long time and finally decided i deserve it!

Problem is, there are too many choices! I am no optics expert so need some opinions on these 2 scope brands.

Swarovski z6 series or night force NXS series?

The scope i choose will be used on my long range prairie dog rifle so it will not be abused by falling off horses or climbing mountains.

My main concerns are the brightness and clarity of the optics,a scope clear enough to see .22 calibre holes in a target from 200 yards!

The scope that i choose will be in the range of 18-25 power at the top end.

The price range of the 2 scope brands are roughly the same, the night force seems to be built for extreme use and has an illuminated reticle which i really don't need.

I am sure there will be many opinions on this but i would like the hear from people that have used one or both of the scopes.

thanks

don
37 views and no replies? Isn't anyone using these scopes?

don
Old 05-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 26578
When you're talking about scopes that start at $1800 + and go up, you narrow the field considerably......

Wish I could help you!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 55778
If it was between those two I would go nightforce every time, excellent glass. Also look at the vortex viper pst line, think you will be pleasantly surprised. I have a vortex viper 6.5x20-44 on my long range 308 and it is excellent glass for the money, I paid 400. And the psts are even better.

Check out snipershide forums for excellent scope reviews.
jeeptrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 53578
In no particular order. Zeiss, Leupold, Huskamaw, Night Force, and Swarovski. These would be on the short list. Also of great importance are the turrent and reticles options. Visit Long Range Hunting for some excellent information on high end scopes.
LongRangeHunting Online Magazine
Old 05-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #6
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 28164
Can't compare Swaro but I can certainly vouch for the NF NXS. Bought one in January and have put it through it's paces out to just over 1000 in rain. daylight, and dusk and I'm definitely glad I upgraded. All those brands mentioned by Charles are good but I would definitely throw in US Optics. If it wasn't an NF I would probably have gone USO but I'm definitely satisfied with the NXS.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 53578
Yes, US Optics should have been in the mix and Vortex is getting some attention on the high end.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:07 AM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 44460
To get the inside scoop on scopes, you'll have to start lurking at the places where people use them: Accurate Shooter forum, Snipers Company, Hide, etc.
From what I've read, Swarovski isn't that good, compared to NF, USO, S&B, Leupold, Zeis and March.
I'm personally waiting on purchasing an NF 8-32X56 NXS w/ NP-R1 reticles. Just have to make sure it'll fit on my rig.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #9
XDTalk 3K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obieone View Post
To get the inside scoop on scopes, you'll have to start lurking at the places where people use them: Accurate Shooter forum, Snipers Company, Hide, etc.
From what I've read, Swarovski isn't that good, compared to NF, USO, S&B, Leupold, Zeis and March.
I'm personally waiting on purchasing an NF 8-32X56 NXS w/ NP-R1 reticles. Just have to make sure it'll fit on my rig.
I am leaning toward Night Force but i don't like the reticles that are available. Most of them look so busy that it might be hard to see a target the size of a prairie dog at 500 yards!

don
Old 05-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 49662
Bench rest central or something like that is where the extreme accuracy guys hang out. Have a friend that can place 5 shots into one small hole at 100 yards. Also competes at 1000 yards. He has mentioned that the winners a re using Nightforce scopes.
Fullclip is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Optics and Glass

Search tags for this page
12-52x56 mf 40mm ed terminator multi-bdc illuminated mp-8 xtreme

best high end rifle scopes

high end rifle scope reviews

high end rifle scopes

high end rifle scopes reviews

high end scope brands

high end scope review

ior 12-52x56 terminator review

ior terminator 12-52x56
ior valdada 12x52x56 terminator scope review
nightforce nxs vs swarovski z6
nightforce scopes reviews

nightforce scopes vs swarovski

swarovski vs nightforce rifle scopes

who makes the glass for nightforce scopes
?? ? ?? 12-52x56 mf 40mm ed terminator multi-bdc illuminated mp-8 xtreme reviews
Click on a term to search for related topics.