• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Ruger 10/22 Rifle Auction with No Reserve Price!

This is a discussion on Ruger 10/22 Rifle Auction with No Reserve Price! within the OnTargetAuctions.com forums, part of the Forum Sponsors & Commerce category; Stupid. Buy bids?, clock resets a million times. I thought 30 seconds means just that, but on these crap sites it could mean hours. I ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » OnTargetAuctions.com » Ruger 10/22 Rifle Auction with No Reserve Price!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #31
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 64141
Stupid. Buy bids?, clock resets a million times. I thought 30 seconds means just that, but on these crap sites it could mean hours. I call it false avertising.....Yeah just buy bids and get it for $3.00. But wait, it going to cost you 500 bids, and to watch the clock reset itself, talk about a waste...Hmmm what a deal!
Remove Ads
Old 01-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #32
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 62487
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe81076 View Post
Stupid. Buy bids?, clock resets a million times. I thought 30 seconds means just that, but on these crap sites it could mean hours. I call it false avertising.....Yeah just buy bids and get it for $3.00. But wait, it going to cost you 500 bids, and to watch the clock reset itself, talk about a waste...Hmmm what a deal!
So, in other words, you'd rather lose an auction to someone who places on bid with a fraction of a second left on eBay? That's why the clock resets. If it's an autobidder vs. autobidder situation, it's whoever has setup the best strategy. Do you start bidding early and take the chance of running out too early? Do you setup your autobidder to start later in the auction, but maybe the bidding never gets to what your minimum is?

As has been said countless times, if you don't like it, don't use it. But don't slam a website just because you don't like the premise of it. That's just dumb. Millions of people don't like the NBA. But you don't see people saying, "NBA.com is a crap site."

Folks, this stuff has to be paid for. Paying for things costs money. The auctions with reserves on them make up not only the price on that particular auction, but also the ones that don't have a reserve and sell for pennies on the dollar. There's also hosting costs, legal costs as well as taxes that have to be paid when you're a business. Especially in California. But again, if it's not your cup of tea, then don't go there.
- WI Concealed Carry Classes

μολὼν λαβέ

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." - Frank Zappa

Should be required reading for all members:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 01-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #33
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuyTim View Post
So, in other words, you'd rather lose an auction to someone who places on bid with a fraction of a second left on eBay? That's why the clock resets. If it's an autobidder vs. autobidder situation, it's whoever has setup the best strategy. Do you start bidding early and take the chance of running out too early? Do you setup your autobidder to start later in the auction, but maybe the bidding never gets to what your minimum is?

As has been said countless times, if you don't like it, don't use it. But don't slam a website just because you don't like the premise of it. That's just dumb. Millions of people don't like the NBA. But you don't see people saying, "NBA.com is a crap site."

Folks, this stuff has to be paid for. Paying for things costs money. The auctions with reserves on them make up not only the price on that particular auction, but also the ones that don't have a reserve and sell for pennies on the dollar. There's also hosting costs, legal costs as well as taxes that have to be paid when you're a business. Especially in California. But again, if it's not your cup of tea, then don't go there.
I don't have an issue with them making money as long as I understand how they are "getting my money" and exactly what my chances to get nothing to show for my money are.

I don't mind taking a chance of losing once I figure out what my odds are.

if there is one rifle and I have 24 bids, chances are pretty good that one of the other guys out there would have 200 bids to dump on the one rifle and flip the auto bid on.

truth be told, if I were to play I would want to be the guy with 200+ bids and auto bidding
Old 01-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #34
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
On Target Auctions- Online Gun Auctions & Deals

this seems to be a great bargain.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #35
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 61730
OnTargetAuctions IS a stand-up site. I apologize to Ken over at OTA for blasting his site prematurely. In my defense, if it is a defense, in my line of work, I do not take a "wait and see" attitude. If I see an infringement, I blow the whistle immediately (and loudly) to call attention to the problem and correct it right hen and there. This was learned the hard way! I used to be a more laid-back wait and see type guy, until I was involved in some legal issues when contractors claimed "why werent we informed earlier? And also to my defense, I did try to contact OTA before I made my post, they just didnt reply in what I thought was a quick enough manner.
Again, I would like to publically apologize to OTA and would like to ensure everyone that OTA is a standup site. I will continue to visit their site.

Visit MichaelSavage.com - Home of the Savage Nation "Borders, Language, Culture"
Old 01-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #36
XDTalk Member

Member #: 68070
I checked out these penny auction sites awhile back... and decided I will never play that game. to me it honestly feels like buying raffle tickets except the last person to turn in their ticket wins the item.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » OnTargetAuctions.com

auction, ruger, ruger 10/22

Search tags for this page
22 rifle for sale ebay
22 rifles for sale on ebay
ebay 22 rifles for sale

guns for pennies

gunsforpennies

gunsforpennies.com

gunsforpennys
gunsforpennys.com
ruger 10/22 rfp
ruger 1296 for sale
used 22 rifles for sale on ebay
www.gunsforpennies.com
Click on a term to search for related topics.