• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Taurus PT140 Millenium Pro constantly ejects magazine

This is a discussion on Taurus PT140 Millenium Pro constantly ejects magazine within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Just about 75% of the rounds I shoot through my PT140 causes the magazine to eject itself. It happens with all rounds, WWB fmj or ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » Taurus PT140 Millenium Pro constantly ejects magazine

Old 11-04-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 21171
Taurus PT140 Millenium Pro constantly ejects magazine

Just about 75% of the rounds I shoot through my PT140 causes the magazine to eject itself. It happens with all rounds, WWB fmj or hollow points. I'm definitely not hitting the release, I've adjusted my grip and had several other people shoot it. There's never a time that it works correctly, the gun is basically unusable. Does anyone have any ideas? I just cant figure this out. I used to think the piece in the mag well that catches the magazine may have broken, but it looks fine. I know I can just send it in, but if someone has an idea as to why it's doing this I'd rather remedy it at home.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:15 AM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 14151
Have you tried another mag?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
dsr30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:00 AM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 21171
3 different magazines, always the same results.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:16 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 25024
Unfortunately this is an all too common problem with some MilPros, if you read over on the TA forum. The usual fix is to send it back to Taurus.

-----
Member:
-
| Admin:

"I aim to misbehave" | XD .45C | KT P3AT, Sub2K | G17 | RIA 1911 | Bersa .380 | Sterling 302B | NEF "870"
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 13774
Taurus is crap, I've owned a few, but will never buy a semi-auto again. Just inconsistent and unreliable.

I'd take advantage of their lifetime warranty and send it in, that is IF you can ever get ahold of a real person on the telephone. Taurus is notorious for poor customer service.
Myk9noseknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:08 PM   #6
Lex
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 6766
Good luck with Customer Disservice at Taurus.

I had a few bad experiences with them and have sworn off all Taurus guns.

Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27948
I was going to start a thread about Taurus guns well now i know how bad they are, My buddy is looking for a descent gun and price and the local shop said Taurus maybe he should stick to the Ruger P95 like he was planning.
Tampabayjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 14151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampabayjason View Post
I was going to start a thread about Taurus guns well now i know how bad they are, My buddy is looking for a descent gun and price and the local shop said Taurus maybe he should stick to the Ruger P95 like he was planning.
I have a Taurus PT111 Mil Pro that I trust with my life and a PT1911 that's on my computer desk right now. I've had absolutely no issues with either of them. They're tons of persons that've had good experiences and some that bash Taurus have never even owned or shot one. The same way I assumed you've told your buddy stay away from Tautus based on what you've read here is as much experience as many have had with the product. EVERY manufacturer has issues, the almighty and IMO over rated Ruger LCP has a massive recall going on right now...

dsr30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 25844
I own a Taurus PT145 and don't know why people bash them so much. My BIL also has a PT 140 and has not had one problem since he bought it. Like the previous poster said every manufacturer has problems. Check out www.Taurusarmed.net for all kinds of info. Also Taurus has a lifetime warranty so call them so they can help.1-800-327-3776
Old 11-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27948
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr30 View Post
I have a Taurus PT111 Mil Pro that I trust with my life and a PT1911 that's on my computer desk right now. I've had absolutely no issues with either of them. They're tons of persons that've had good experiences and some that bash Taurus have never even owned or shot one. The same way I assumed you've told your buddy stay away from Tautus based on what you've read here is as much experience as many have had with the product. EVERY manufacturer has issues, the almighty and IMO over rated Ruger LCP has a massive recall going on right now...

He decided to take a closer look at Taurus it fits his price range and it's easier to conceal over the P95.
Tampabayjason is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
30 round mag for taurus pt140 .40
can a pt140 pro take a 30 round magazine
exstended clips for taurus millennium 40
extended mag for pt140
mag release millinium 40
tauris pt 140 pro magazine release removal
taurus mag catch fix
taurus millenium pro 40 mag release
taurus pt140 mag release
taurus pt140 magazine release

taurus pt140 millenium pro extended magazine

taurus pt140 problems

Click on a term to search for related topics.