• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

New Taurus 24/7 Pro c review...

This is a discussion on New Taurus 24/7 Pro c review... within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; On a lark (read had money burning a hole) I picked up a Taurus 24/7 pro compact in 9mm the other week....And I have to ...

Old 10-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 27538
New Taurus 24/7 Pro c review...

On a lark (read had money burning a hole) I picked up a Taurus 24/7 pro compact in 9mm the other week....And I have to say so far I really like this little gun..It came with a compact 13round and extended 17round mags, is quite lite and it shoots real soft....

Well hears my dilemma, I had a 2nd gen Taurus M9 copy that I put 30k rounds though in ten years and never had a single problem, never, nothing....Still have it for a range mule along with my xd .45 and others..

I really like this little gun, I shoot it very well and in 500 rounds so far have not had one single failure of any kind, nada....I have been carrying it all this week and love the way it carries, small, lite and high capacity.....

Here's my question, would you guys trust this gun as a carry weapon, I'm finding it hard in the back of my head to trust a 325.00 NIB piece with my life, silly I know but still.......

From what I've read online allot of Taurus models are hit or miss with reliability and durability, but from my past experience (M9) and now this one I'm torn....

For what it's worth though from reading online about NIB issues with these, I personally think new owners are just not cleaning them enough before they start shooting them....It had more cosmoline than any 10 guns should have, like open the slide dump it in a bucket of goo then package it in a vacuum bag kind of goo....

Discuss........

Last edited by TurboTech; 10-11-2008 at 02:50 PM.
TurboTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 26558
man to be hones to each his own on carry weapons. I have a 24/7 pro and love it. i have put a couple thousand rounds through it and put hundreds of round of my carry ammo through it. I would trust it just as much if not more than my other weapons. I keep mine clean and have never had a ftf or fte or any other issue. If you can shoot it reliably and have put it through some rounds i see no problem trusting it. Just because its cheaper doesn't mean it is not a good weapon.

I might have guns, i might not. I can't seem to remember.

Rule #1 Cover your ass first!!!!
Rule #2 Make sure you survive the day.

MOΛΩN ΛAB
godseviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 26487
It's a matter of personal choice.

I had several Taurus guns and I'm a member of the Taurus website, however, there were so many problems that everyone was having with just about every kind of taurus gun they make, that I sold all of mine.

I sold them because, I like you were using them as carry guns. I simply could not trust my life with their guns after reading about safety levers falling off, etc...

I also must note, that I never had a single problem, nada, not one with any Taurus that I ever owned.

I'm not trying to say for or against... like the opening line I posted... it's a matter of personal choice.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.

Benjamin Franklin
mp3mogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 27538
Ya I must admit it has me a bit concerned as well, I WANT to trust it...I really do..I guess I'll run a few more hundred through it, then send it in to Taurus to check it out...

It really is a nice little gun for the money though, I'll give it that.....
TurboTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27552
From my experience taurus' that I have shot have been the ones you always hear about... I guess you could say. My friend has a Mill PT145 and it is nothing but problems. He really hates that he bought it, only reason he got it was because he had enough for it but not an XD, and the money was burning a hole in his pocket. Every other mag he has atleast one FTF, and when it has a malfunction it really gets the round fubared in the gun... It takes some time to clear. We have tried different mags, total strip down cleaning/lube nothing helps. Also the ambi slide release doesn't work worth a crap from the southpaw side. I am a lefty and find the takedown level actually bending and not always releasing the slide/

Oh and this part is totally preference, but I hate the way the sa/da system makes the trigger feel. I mean since the gun will never be in DA unless there is a light primer strike seems like the sa shouldn't feel so crappy all the time. O this reminds me, I have had several taurus' fail to go completely into battery after firing, so the next shot will "click" and then it will seat... Then the da will fire the round.
Ruger LCP
Colt 1903

Last edited by Trackready; 10-11-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Trackready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #6
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 13774
I purchased a 24/7 a few years ago when it was rated "Top handgun of the year"

I loved the ergonomic grip, but the trigger pull was the worst, creepy, 4 stage trigger I've ever had.

I sold it a week later. I'd stick with Taurus revolvers, but won't trust my life to their semi-auto handguns.
Myk9noseknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:04 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25129
Would you be questioning it's reliability if the internet didn't exist?

It seems a lot of guns get unusually good/bad reviews over the net, which can skew people's opinions on them.

You have one Taurus with no malfunctions over a LONG period of time, and your newer model has so far shown to be following that lineage. Why wouldn't you trust it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Joeywhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
Would you be questioning it's reliability if the internet didn't exist?

It seems a lot of guns get unusually good/bad reviews over the net, which can skew people's opinions on them.

You have one Taurus with no malfunctions over a LONG period of time, and your newer model has so far shown to be following that lineage. Why wouldn't you trust it?
If you didn't have the internet how would you decide what to trust your life with?
I bought it cause it was on sale, it jammed and the BG beat the crap out of me and took my money?
The net brings together a multitude of other peoples experience, good and bad.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
pt 24/7 pro c
taurus 24 7 compact 9mm review

taurus 24 7 compact review

taurus 24 7 pro compact review

taurus 24/7 compact

taurus 24/7 compact review

taurus 24/7 pro c

taurus 24/7 pro c ds 9mm

taurus 24/7 pro compact

taurus 24/7 review

taurus pt 24 7 pro 9mm review

taurus pt 24/7 pro c

Click on a term to search for related topics.