• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

nagant revolver... worth buying?

This is a discussion on nagant revolver... worth buying? within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; still waiting for my c&r and contemplating my first buy. the nagant revolver seems like a interesting piece and a great value. any feedback on ...

Old 08-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 26326
nagant revolver... worth buying?

still waiting for my c&r and contemplating my first buy. the nagant revolver seems like a interesting piece and a great value. any feedback on this pistol?

the 3 guns I am looking at purchasing once I get my license in are the mosin 91/30 and/or 44, the nagant revolver, and a sks if I can find a c&r eligible one somewhere.
diat150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 4134
I purchased one quite aways back for a just to have pistol, shot it once and put it away, ammo is kind of high

Always Remember:
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.
panther308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15221
well i think the sks and mossin rifle would be better values. The mossin revolver is kinda a neat novelty. If you dont have any battle rifles, i woudl definatley get the sks or mossin rifle first. For good measure a mauser also, then tons of ammmo for all the battle rifles. THEN the novelty revolver.
billbrasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:45 PM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 7959
AIMsurp use to have like nib yugos for $150. Now this was a year ago so I dont know what they are at now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
speedracer211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #5
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6481
yes get one! im looking for a decent priced one right now, I probably wouldnt shoot it much i just want one to have one!
blefferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15221
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer211 View Post
AIMsurp use to have like nib yugos for $150. Now this was a year ago so I dont know what they are at now.
most of the big name online shops like aim, jg, gilberts, cdnn, centerfire etc, the lowest out there is about $199 for a yougo.

check out classic arms 8mm mauser for $129 thats a good value right there.

Classic Arms Inc.
billbrasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:02 PM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6481
i want one of those Yugo mausers i have a german K98 but i want a Yugo for a shooter/hunting rifle!
blefferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #8
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 11567
Here's a recent thread I started on the subject:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd-...-wheelgun.html

From my own experience, I'd say absolutely pick one up. I probably won't be shooting mine much just from the price of ammo, but as an example of clever engineering and an all-around interesting piece, they're a good addition to any collection.
Fifty million new Americans have died in abortions since 1973. Where were their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Why do we turn a blind eye toward--or worse, cheer on--a holocaust within our own land? Please, choose life for your baby.

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." --Jesus, John 14:6 (ESV)

Proud member of the AKM operator's club.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
DanTheEldest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:10 AM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27193
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrasky View Post
well i think the sks and mossin rifle would be better values. The mossin revolver is kinda a neat novelty. If you dont have any battle rifles, i woudl definatley get the sks or mossin rifle first. For good measure a mauser also, then tons of ammmo for all the battle rifles. THEN the novelty revolver.
I agree, the 1895 Nagant would be a good addition to your collection but you likely would not shoot it as much. Many people shoot .32 Long or 32 H&R magnum out of these pistols but the cases do buldge some and its not that accurate. I would get a Mosin Nagant first or even spend a bit more and get a Swiss K31 with are just outstanding and very accurate rifles made like a Swiss watch, but the avaliblity of these K31's is drying up and I think Mosin's will be around for awhile.

When I leave the home port........Springfield XD (9mm), Glock 19, Glock 26, Kahr PM9, CZ RAMI (9mm), SIG P6, S&W 642 Airweight, Kahr CW40, Star Firestar, Browning Hi Power, Dan Wesson Pointman 7, Colt Commander, CZ 82, Bulgarian Makarov, S&W Mod. 10, Ruger Police Service Six, Colt Detective Sp., Ruger SP101
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:37 AM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 25866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
I agree, the 1895 Nagant would be a good addition to your collection but you likely would not shoot it as much. Many people shoot .32 Long or 32 H&R magnum out of these pistols but the cases do buldge some and its not that accurate. I would get a Mosin Nagant first or even spend a bit more and get a Swiss K31 with are just outstanding and very accurate rifles made like a Swiss watch, but the avaliblity of these K31's is drying up and I think Mosin's will be around for awhile.

+1 on the K31. Course the Mosin isn't a bad buy for the price either. Don't forget to send your C&R to MidwayUSA and Brownells as they'll give you a discount.
crpadiem is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
how much is a nagant revolver worth
is a nagant revolver worth buying
is the nagant revolver worth buying

mosin nagant pistol

mosin nagant pistol caliber
mosin revolver
nagant pistol value

nagant revolver

nagant revolver price

nagant revolver value

nagant revolver worth buying
what is a nagant revolver worth
Click on a term to search for related topics.