• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Norinco MAK-90 / AK-47 - Value?

This is a discussion on Norinco MAK-90 / AK-47 - Value? within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; What would be a good asking price for this gun? It is in fair to good condition. Wooden thumb hole stock. Any PROS or CONS?...

Old 06-23-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 25518
Norinco MAK-90 / AK-47 - Value?

What would be a good asking price for this gun? It is in fair to good condition. Wooden thumb hole stock. Any PROS or CONS?
This is my XD. There are many like it, but this one is MINE.
My XD is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life.
My XD without me is useless. Without my XD, I am useless.

jkw_XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-23-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 5489
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkw_XD View Post
What would be a good asking price for this gun? It is in fair to good condition. Wooden thumb hole stock. Any PROS or CONS?
Depends on who made it, what year it is, who imported it, calibre, and receiver type.
$350-$450 for a 'run of the mill' MAK-90.

receiver types:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
einheit 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 25518
Is it worth the money? Do you have any pros / cons versus an AR-15 or similar? (other than just the price)

I am not sure of the details as of yet. Any specifics I should look for - markings, etc..??

Thanks for the previous info as well.
This is my XD. There are many like it, but this one is MINE.
My XD is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life.
My XD without me is useless. Without my XD, I am useless.

jkw_XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Is it worth the money? Do you have any pros / cons versus an AR-15 or similar? (other than just the price)

I am not sure of the details as of yet. Any specifics I should look for - markings, etc..??

Thanks for the previous info as well.
its not in the same league as the AR, the AK was designed as a weapon to place rounds down range, reliably, regardless of condition. Pretty much a sub machine gun with a bigger punch. The AR is first and foremost a rifle, period.

The Chinese AK is one of the best produced. Yes it is worth the money, and some are highly collectible, but lots of people look at it as just more Chinese/commie junk. Search MAK-90s or Chinese AKs on google....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 06-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15221
yeah norinco gets a bad rap from lots of folks who havent shot one or dont own one, i only have one nornco sks i love it dearly for what it is. I hear lots of fans of norinco 1911's especially folks that bought them long ago for dirt cheap. Thats a good gun, i am gonna buy or build a FN fal but if you were local to me and offered that mak 90 for $350 i would buy it no problem. I am an AK novice, but i think there was something special i forget what feature .... i have read so much on AK's in the last few months i have them all jumbled up. I am sure einheit knows. Something uncommon about the early mak 90s?

Crap thats it, some were milled not stamped recievers. I think... Anyways why do you even want to sell it lol? Thats the real question. Keep it and stock pile ammo. If its a milled one we might have to figure out some way to send it to detroit. i hear it calling me.

crap again its of course in einheits diagram.(the milled versus stamped)
billbrasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:18 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrasky View Post
yeah norinco gets a bad rap from lots of folks who havent shot one or dont own one, i only have one nornco sks i love it dearly for what it is. I hear lots of fans of norinco 1911's especially folks that bought them long ago for dirt cheap. Thats a good gun, i am gonna buy or build a FN fal but if you were local to me and offered that mak 90 for $350 i would buy it no problem. I am an AK novice, but i think there was something special i forget what feature .... i have read so much on AK's in the last few months i have them all jumbled up. I am sure einheit knows. Something uncommon about the early mak 90s?

Crap thats it, some were milled not stamped recievers. I think... Anyways why do you even want to sell it lol? Thats the real question. Keep it and stock pile ammo. If its a milled one we might have to figure out some way to send it to detroit. i hear it calling me.

crap again its of course in einheits diagram.(the milled versus stamped)
Chinese stamped guns also have a little thicker receivers, thats why Chinese furniture usually fits loose on other countries guns. Its also about the best true clone money can buy and closest to a Russian as you will get without big $$$

Old 06-24-2008, 08:55 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 3251
Quote:
Me , my brother and my Friend have one and they will feed anything you put in them . The MAK-90 is a bad-ass rifle! I highly recomend it . my brother shot his first deer (8 pointer) with his MAK-90 I want another one , but here they are going for about $500-$600

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
mac 90 ak 47
mac 90 ak 47 value
mac 90 price
mac 90 value
mak 90 sporter value
mak 90 value
norinco mac 90 sporter value
norinco mac 90 value
norinco mak 90 sporter value

norinco mak 90 value

norinco mak-90 value

value of a mac 90
Click on a term to search for related topics.