• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Glock 21 Sf

This is a discussion on Glock 21 Sf within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I finally picked up my 21 yesterday from my dealer, and have had a little time to familiarize myself with it. Over all fit and ...

Old 05-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Cat Herder

Member #: 4
Thumbs up Glock 21 Sf

I finally picked up my 21 yesterday from my dealer, and have had a little time to familiarize myself with it.
Over all fit and finish is excellent. I noticed right off that the slide seemed a little glossier that my 2nd. generation G-19. It has the ambi-mag release, and the 1913 Picatinny rail. I had Trijicon nightsights installed, and also purchased 2 additional mags.
The SF (short frame) is indeed smaller in circumference the the original 21, and the reduced "hump" is quite noticeable. the feel in this respect is similar to the XD-45, albeit a bit blockier. One of my main gripes in the past with Glock, was the grip angle not being as natural as I would like. The SF has cured that problem, for me anyway.
I shot it this morning to get a feel for the gun.
The standard trigger pull of 5.5 was comfortable for me, and the short reset is a plus. My perception of felt recoil and muzzle rise seemed less that my XD. Re-acquisition of sight picture was quick and consistent. Another plus was that there was absolutely no movement of the gun in my hand but I'm sure that the finger grooves had a lot to do with that.
I fired 26 rounds with no malfunctions and was shooting my favorite load of 200gr. SWC's. This bullet profile would not work at all in the XD, and was one of the reasons I sold the gun.
All in all, I'm very satisfied with this pistol. A few 100 rounds will give me an idea of reliability, but then again...It's a Glock.

P.S. Thanks, Ed...

Pics...
VillagePhotos-Free photo hosting, free image hosting, picture upload, free picture hosting, eBay selling tools, listing management, picture hosting and image management.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

"The giving to others in need is my right and indeed, my privilage. It is NOT however, my obligation." - Frenchy~2011

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Last edited by Frenchy; 05-29-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-29-2008, 10:05 AM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 67
Quote:
P.S. Thanks, Ed...
Glad the USPS was on time.

Congrats on the new machine.

Ed
Old 05-29-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 9181
I have really been eyeballing the 21SF very hard. Ever since its release. Can't wait to get a range report from you.

It is on my very short want list for this year.

Congrats on overcoming the Glock stigma. I am sure you will love it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
LUVMYSIGP225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:19 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 15453
Congrats!

The G21SF is my absolute favorite. I put another 200 rounds thru her last night. Of all my pistols I shoot the 21 the best. I think it is because I can get a full grip on it. After starting with a G26 and getting progressively bigger I have found my match.

I have the non ambi mag release, Glock rail, CA ok version.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 16634
Thumbs up

My 21SF is one of my favorites also. I have the same version, aMBi with the picatinny rail. I put Ameriglo "smooth slope" night sights on mine.
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
Glocks are hard to beat for reliability. My 1994 Glock 22 is still 100% trouble free. So was my old G17 that I sold after 8 years of no troubles. I still wish I did not sell it.

If you want to make the trigger better, try a Ghost trigger. They're not expensive and man....you will learn to love the Glock trigger with one of those!

I put a Ghost 3.5 pounder in my old G17 and curently have a 4.5 pound Ghost triger in the G22. Love them both.

- brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 2089
pretty sweet. How is shooting those double charged lead wad cutters working out for you?

I want one too. 2Too bad 45 ammo is sky high. Ill probably put one in layaway at some point.

nikon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:01 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 22972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickboy240 View Post
Glocks are hard to beat for reliability. My 1994 Glock 22 is still 100% trouble free. So was my old G17 that I sold after 8 years of no troubles. I still wish I did not sell it.

If you want to make the trigger better, try a Ghost trigger. They're not expensive and man....you will learn to love the Glock trigger with one of those!

I put a Ghost 3.5 pounder in my old G17 and curently have a 4.5 pound Ghost triger in the G22. Love them both.

- brickboy240
+1 I bought the Glock 3.5 lb trigger and have it in my 21 and 30.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"

Shhhh! -

NRA membership -

State handgun laws -

Rich States / Poor States - NEW

"Nothing good ever comes from a knock at the door"
UncleBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:04 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 22972
Frenchy. Excellent choice. I finally was able to handle a 30SF at a recent gun show and it felt good. I compared it with a regular 21 sitting next to it and there is a notable difference. You are right in the fact that the profile of the grip is much closer to the XD45 and should pick up the crowd that says that the regular 21/30/29 are too big. Your glock should give you many many years of excellent performance as mine have.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"

Shhhh! -

NRA membership -

State handgun laws -

Rich States / Poor States - NEW

"Nothing good ever comes from a knock at the door"
UncleBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #10
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
You are aware that the grip on all Glocks can be re-shaped...right?

I am currently having my 2nd gen G22 re-countoured to have the "hump" taken out of the backstrap, so it points like a 1911. A local guy does this and does GREAT work and it runs about 100 bucks or so.

GripReductions.com

They can even take out those annoying finger grooves. Both of my Glocks are 2nd generations...I cannot stand finger grooves on ANY of my pistols.

Hold a re-contoured Glock in your hand...you'll have it done the next day...seriously. I could not beleive how nice the G22 and G17 felt with the re-shaped grips. I gave the guy my G22 almost right away...and its almost done.

Glock durability and reliability...AND...a 1911-ish grip angle. Sounds like the best of both worlds!

Think about it...you can buy a factory used Glock or police trade in for around 400 bucks and for another 100..have the grip changed. You have paid about what you would for a new Glock or a new version of the many othr polymer guns.

- Brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
glock 21 sf deference
glock 21 sf for sale new houston

glock 21sf for sale

glock 21sf for sale used
glock 21sf for sale used texas

glock 21sf grip angle

glock 21sf grip circumference

glock 21sf trigger

glock 21sf trigger kit
glock 21sf trigger pull weight
how much is a used glock 21 sf
reconditioned glock 21sf
used glock 21 sf for sale
used glock 21 sf used

used glock 21sf

used glock 21sf for sale

Click on a term to search for related topics.