• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

My latest Sig P6 Upgrades

This is a discussion on My latest Sig P6 Upgrades within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; So I ordered a few things from Midway last week. I finally got around to installing them on my gorgeous P6. Hogue rubber grips (wanted ...

Old 04-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 13774
My latest Sig P6 Upgrades

So I ordered a few things from Midway last week. I finally got around to installing them on my gorgeous P6.

Hogue rubber grips (wanted Pachmayr but they were sold out):

Hi Viz fiber optic front sight

I initially had large issues with removing the factory front sight. So I put 2 drops of Kroil Penetrating Oil on them and let them sit for 48 hours. A brass drift punch and a small brass hammer was all it took. A few light taps and it melted right out. New one went in with no issues

Now i just need a spare magazine and a "short trigger" and I'll be set. The only bad thing is that the Hogue grips add a significant extra girth to the grip, so it kinda ruins the purpose of having a single stack magazine
Myk9noseknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-06-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15221
mine came from centerfire last friday, i got the cheap one, not as nice finish as yours. Ill post pics if anyone wants.

myk9 do you have a link to the short trigger, and the pachymar grips. I thought they stoped makeing them and you can only get the pachymar on ebay for like 65 bucks If they are indeed available or on back order ill order them bad boys up.
billbrasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:24 PM   #3
XDTalk 3K Member

I haven't found the short trigger online for less than $50. Topgunsupply.com is the only place I've seen them for the 225. If anyone find them at another place, I'd love to hear from you.

As you can see from my pics, the grips are just the slip on kind. I don't think you'll be able to find ones custom fit for the 225.

I actually got the cheaper grade P6 as well. I guess I just lucked out because this thing is like 97%. Glad I saved the $30 bucks since that's about what the accessories and a box of ammo cost me
Old 04-07-2008, 12:59 AM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myk9noseknows View Post
I haven't found the short trigger online for less than $50. Topgunsupply.com is the only place I've seen them for the 225. If anyone find them at another place, I'd love to hear from you.

As you can see from my pics, the grips are just the slip on kind. I don't think you'll be able to find ones custom fit for the 225.

I actually got the cheaper grade P6 as well. I guess I just lucked out because this thing is like 97%. Glad I saved the $30 bucks since that's about what the accessories and a box of ammo cost me
$26 at midway short trigger

MidwayUSA - Sig Sauer Short Trigger Sig Sauer P225

darn you meant the pachy universal grip, you had my hopes up there was custom grips available for a decent price.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:50 AM   #5
XDTalk 3K Member

Damn Brasky thanks! I placed my Midway order last week and I couldn't find it online. I searched for "sig short trigger" and only ones for the 226/229 etc would show up, but not the P225.

Guess I'll have to place an order for more goodies, need .357 Mag ammo for my newest revolver purchase (first revolver for me)...damn shipping charges again
Old 04-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #6
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
How do you guys like shooting the P6?

Nice..isn't it?

Who knew a single stack 9mm would bring such joy...right?

- Brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickboy240 View Post
How do you guys like shooting the P6?

Nice..isn't it?

Who knew a single stack 9mm would bring such joy...right?

- Brickboy240
brickboy do you know if i can use 10 rd mags in the p6?

ProMag Magazine Sig Sauer P225 9mm Luger 10-Round Steel Blue

MidwayUSA - ProMag Magazine Sig Sauer P225 9mm Luger 10-Round Steel Blue

i heard i probably dont want pro mag, and that mecmar or sig original are the prefered mags, is there any way to
10 round capcity with out using pro mags?

I knew it would bring joy, single stack isnt the greatest as my double stack .45 xd compact is just a teeny tiny
bit larger, but it shoots nice. I can shoot it as nice as my cousin and my moms $800 sig p239's.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #8
XDTalk 25K Member

I don't know about that. I have only used 8rd SIG factory mags in my Swiss beauty. Yeah, they're sort of procey but SIG mags are worth it.

With SIGs, I have always found the factory mags to be best. I tried a Pro Mag in my P220 but it jammed and would not seat right when all SIG factory mags worked perfectly. Lesson learned.

Besides...have you shot it yet? They're so accurate...I doubt you will feel undergunned with 8-9 rounds in the P6/P225. I surely do not.

- Brickboy240

Old 04-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
XDTalk Member

Member #: 24625
Looks great. Who ever thought that one of the best buys in handguns would be a Sig?
Bongo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #10
XDTalk 25K Member

No kidding. A new in the box commercial P225 is about 700 bucks plus on Gunbroker last time I checked.

...so yeah..the P6s are the steal of the century.

- Brickboy240

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
are accuracy upgrades worth it for the sig p6/p225?
custom sig p6
customized sig sauer p-6
hiviz front sight
sig p-6 upgrades
sig p6 short trigger
sig p6 trigger
sig p6 upgrade

sig p6 upgrades

sig p6 worth upgrading
sig sauer p225 upgrades
sig sauer p6
sig sauer p6 extended magazine
sig sauer p6 magazine
sig sauer p6 upgrades
Click on a term to search for related topics.