• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

walther PPK knockoff

This is a discussion on walther PPK knockoff within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; does anyone know about these units. I had read on that the polish made a knock off .... any details on these? http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ind...gory=58&Page=2 here is ...

Old 02-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15221
walther PPK knockoff

does anyone know about these units. I had read on that the polish made a knock off ....

any details on these? http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ind...gory=58&Page=2

here is the link to the page with 5 different versions diff prices.http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ind...gory=58&Page=2

Are they good shooters ?

Will after market parts or replacement parts for a real walther swap right in ?

I am set on ordering the sig p6/p226 they have, might as well get a gun i always wanted for bargain basement price right ?

any info would be great i googled the crap outta it, and variations and cant find squat.
billbrasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-07-2008, 11:48 PM   #2
Cat Herder

Member #: 4
FEG in Hungary is a well-respected arms manufacturer. They produce a quality gun. I wouldn't hesitate owning one!

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

"The giving to others in need is my right and indeed, my privilage. It is NOT however, my obligation." - Frenchy~2011

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
FEG in Hungary is a well-respected arms manufacturer. They produce a quality gun. I wouldn't hesitate owning one!
so frenchy do you know if they are kinda in the same vein that HK g3 was licensed to many countries, or the FN FAL licensed to western allies etc, husqavarna mausers and all the other mauser variants.

This is essentially a clone, as long as i can stomach not having the walther name on it (fine by me, i am more function over form and dont buy guns to impress) it is 99% the same ?

If so sweet, i am getting two guns this week the p226 and this ppk clone.

Last edited by billbrasky; 02-07-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:06 AM   #4
Cat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrasky View Post
so frenchy do you know if they are kinda in the same vein that HK g3 was licensed to many countries, or the FN FAL licensed to western allies etc, husqavarna mausers and all the other mauser variants.

Can't answer that one, Bill. I do know that they are the national company. They make a very nice copy of the Hi-Power, and it shoots and functions very well.
None of their guns that I've seen, are built on the "cheap".

This is essentially a clone, as long as i can stomach not having the walther name on it (fine by me, i am more function over form and dont buy guns to impress) it is 99% the same ?

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

"The giving to others in need is my right and indeed, my privilage. It is NOT however, my obligation." - Frenchy~2011

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 02-08-2008, 12:20 AM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
darn there is nothing about these on google

for a $129 i almost dont care. Would be nice to know that walther parts swap right over though. It would be a real deal then.

bump.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:30 AM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

think says differs only in minor details

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FEG_PA-63
Old 02-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 15070
Thumbs up

I don't have any specifics on this model but I used to have an FEG Hi-Power clone. I was my first hand gun I ever bought and it shot great. On top of all that if I remember correctly the gun and an extra mag only cost me $250 at the pawn shop in the town where I went to college. it served me well for 2 years when I traded it for a TZ-75 that I still own to this day and probably always will.

He looked at me with a face full of fright

And I said, how bout a revolution?

And he said right.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

US editor (1880 - 1956)
1-2-bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:59 AM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 5489
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrasky View Post

Actually, the HK is a copy of the CETME...the entire HK line of rifles and SMGs got their start from the CETME.

FEG makes great guns, mostly military weapons instead of commercial. The PA-63 is a better design (safety wise) than the original PP. The AP series is a great performer and has been used all over Europe by military and policeman. I'd by a FEG before a PP/K any day. I love German guns, but Walther isn't what it use to be, I don't care to pay a premium for a name...same reason I won't but a Harley Davidson....

Anyway, yes some Walther parts will fit them. FEG (FEGARMY Arms Co.) makes weapons for, and that are badged as Mauser in Europe.

Last edited by einheit 13; 02-08-2008 at 05:04 AM.
einheit 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:05 AM   #9
Cat Herder

I figured einheit would weigh in on this...Thanks!

The pistol is a no-brainer, Bill...Snap one up.

Last edited by Frenchy; 02-08-2008 at 05:12 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:57 AM   #10
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 6526
Quote:
Originally Posted by einheit 13 View Post
Actually, the HK is a copy of the CETME...the entire HK line of rifles and SMGs got their start from the CETME.

FEG makes great guns, mostly military weapons instead of commercial. The PA-63 is a better design (safety wise) than the original PP. The AP series is a great performer and has been used all over Europe by military and policeman. I'd by a FEG before a PP/K any day. I love German guns, but Walther isn't what it use to be, I don't care to pay a premium for a name...same reason I won't but a Harley Davidson....

Anyway, yes some Walther parts will fit them. FEG (FEGARMY Arms Co.) makes weapons for, and that are badged as Mauser in Europe.
Just as a footnote the design team from CETME were mostly designers from Mauser, Walther, Spreework that fled Germany and found a home in Spain after WW2. FEG makes great guns with a solid reputation for reliability. They are still the value leader kind of like what CZ was just after the fall of the wall. I've owned 2 and was more than happy with both.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
765 beretta
feg 765
feg ap 765
feg ap 765 reliable

ppk copy

ppk knockoffs
ppk/s copy
walter 765
walters ppk/s copy
walther knockoff ppk
walther pp copies
walther pp knock offs

walther ppk copies

walther ppk copy

walther ppk knock off

walther russian knockoff
Click on a term to search for related topics.