• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Sarsilmaz Pistols -- Turkish Military Issue

This is a discussion on Sarsilmaz Pistols -- Turkish Military Issue within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Went into an Academy today and saw this little pistol in the cabinet and had to look at it. According to the flyers and the ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » Sarsilmaz Pistols -- Turkish Military Issue

Old 09-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 6868
Sarsilmaz Pistols -- Turkish Military Issue

Went into an Academy today and saw this little pistol in the cabinet and had to look at it. According to the flyers and the website, it is the official Turkish military issue. It is heavy, it's all steel, but the ergonomics feel wonderful. The compact model is $399, the full size was $459. It felt really good to hold and pointed well. Slide and action seemed smooth. Apparently, Academy is the exclusive importer of these as the side of the gun had "Academy Sports, <something>, Tx." stamped on the side. They carry the Kama and Hancer models.

http://sarsilmaz.com/eng/urun_alt.php?id=15

Anyone seen these or played with one? I'm considering getting one just because.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
- Sir George Bernard Shaw

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
phaetos is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 17178
It looks like it is a CZ clone, I like the looks of the ported one.
Popa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 13698
Looks like a CZ to me.
The Carry: Springfield XD 9 Service - Crossbreed Supertuck & DGR with #16 and #22 springs.
The Tack Driver: Sako Vixen L461 .222 Rifle with Bushnell 4X Scope A real tack driver!
The Fun Gun: Marlin .22 LR with Bushnell 7X Scope
The best weapon anyone can have: a brain.

"The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." -John Steinbeck

"Beware the man who owns just one gun, he will know how to use it."
ElJimmyStrappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

They do look like CZ's, but ergonomically feel different to me. And that ported one does look real nice, especially when sighting down the barrel I'm getting an itch .. must resist.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
-
Old 09-03-2007, 06:51 AM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 5489
Turkey makes GREAT guns.......you Charles Daly and Remington fans should know that...

einheit 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 13816
Didn't Armalite win a contact to make the new Turkish side arm?

On AR15's: Learn to use your Iron Sights before you go adding all that extra crap on your gun!

Badshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 17178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badshot View Post
I think they are just made there.
Popa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 8497
I couldn`t tell... a guy at range had one of those...he was actually desperate to get rid of it...not a single happy day since he bought it..it just kept jamming...

But like I said..I coulnd`t just tell with only one feedback...it still one of one though...that`s a 100% bad feedback

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud.

If Guns are outlawed,Only outlaws will have guns.

and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. -Jesus-
anhiciano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:45 AM   #9
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 11567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badshot View Post
I remember reading in a recent Rifleman about the AR-24. It's made in Turkey and seems to be a solid Hi-Power/CZ-ish pistol by all accounts:

Fifty million new Americans have died in abortions since 1973. Where were their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Why do we turn a blind eye toward--or worse, cheer on--a holocaust within our own land? Please, choose life for your baby.

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." --Jesus, John 14:6 (ESV)

Proud member of the AKM operator's club.
DanTheEldest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

The ergo's on that AR-24 looks ALOT like the Salsimaz, which of course we know the Armalite's are copies of the CZ's. Maybe the Sals' are copies of the Armalites So is a copy of a copy as good as the original?

-

-

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
sar arms cm9

sar b6 review

sar b6 reviews
sar cm9
sarsilmaz b6 review
sarsilmaz cm9 review
sarsilmaz k2p
sarsilmaz k2p review
sarsilmaz kama 9mm
sarsilmaz kama review
sarsilmaz pistols
turkey pistols

turkish handguns

turkish military side arms
turkish military sidearm

turkish pistols

Click on a term to search for related topics.