• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Ruger .22 Mark 1 pistol value??

This is a discussion on Ruger .22 Mark 1 pistol value?? within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I was in a local pawn shop recently and saw a Ruger Mark 1 .22 pistol. I've been wanting a .22 pistol for a while ...

Old 05-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 16896
Ruger .22 Mark 1 pistol value??

I was in a local pawn shop recently and saw a Ruger Mark 1 .22 pistol.

I've been wanting a .22 pistol for a while so I took a look at it. Generally looked OK condition for an older pistol - couple of scratches in the blue but nothing really nasty looking, about what I would expect. I didn't strip the gun so I have little knowledge of the wear and tear internally. Having rented a Mark 3 I was surprised that there was no slide lock!

The pawn shop is asking $220. Seems high to me as I can get a new Ruger 22/45 for $250. They said that it's collectable??

Anyone have any thoughts on the value? I'll probably just get a new one as I'm not really a collector, but I'd hate to pass on a bargain!

Thanks

Neil
Neilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-25-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 9517
not really collectable, there's a ton of them out there.
Heathen-Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #3
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen-Yak View Post
not really collectable, there's a ton of them out there.
Yep, no shortage of them out there so "collectable" is not really accurate. "Popular" might be a better term, thus the price. Mark I / II / III pistols are almost must-have pistols for the collection.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 14949
I got my Mark II as a gift. Cheapest gun I ever got.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:10 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 16896
So is it a good deal? I'm leaning towards a new one but if there's a good reason I could get the Mark 1
Neilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:37 PM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 5366
I'd take a Mark I over a 22/45 any day, just because of it's history, and construction.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #7
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 8434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilp View Post
So is it a good deal? I'm leaning towards a new one but if there's a good reason I could get the Mark 1
Not a good deal and the pawn shop guy was FOS. Buy new or shop around some more.
Who dare while others fly...
They build a nation's pillars deep
And lift them to the sky. - Emerson

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzche
danp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:39 PM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 5956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilp View Post
Well, considering it was probably $75 when first purchased, I'd say it has kept its value! If it was 95% blue, I would haggle down to $200 on the MK1 and go with it. I have one and I love it. You can get a basic MK3 for not much more, but the MK1 IS more of a collector's item. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

In 50 years, it will be probably 80 years old and more of a collector's piece than the MK3.

I say if you're buying a shooter that you're going to beat around on, get the MK3. If it's in good shape and you're adding it to a large collection, the MK1 is a better investment. You weren't really specific about the condition, so all this is based on it being in better than about 90% or 95% condition.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Polymerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:32 PM   #9
XDTalk Member

Member #: 10356
Not a very good deal, UNLESS it has the tapered barrel and red medallion grips. If it has the above features it IS a collectable and that is a decent price for the stated condition.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 70601
Post Collectible

I would say the pawn shop owner is calling it collectible only for the fact that it is no longer produced. Now I think the asking price may be a bit high, but it is a pawn shop there is some expected haggle. $200 is not too terrible. I also agree with another poster I would rather have the Mark1 over any of the others mentioned in this thread. Good luck and shoot straight.
bdlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
22 ruger mark 1 value
22mark1
how much is a ruger mark 1 worth
ruger 22 mark 1
ruger 22 mark 1 value
ruger mach 1
ruger mark 1 22
ruger mark 1 22 pistol value
ruger mark 1 for sale
ruger mark 1 pistol value

ruger mark 1 value

ruger mark i value
ruger mk1 value
value of ruger mark 1
value of ruger mark 1 pistol
Click on a term to search for related topics.