• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Gun Show find! Marlin Model 99 M1 .22 Rifle

This is a discussion on Gun Show find! Marlin Model 99 M1 .22 Rifle within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Finally got out to shoot my Marlin M99 M1 .22 rifle yesterday. Published specs on the rifle says it has a magazine capacity of 9, ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » Gun Show find! Marlin Model 99 M1 .22 Rifle

Old 04-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #11
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 3754
Location: The Nevada Desert on a Dry Lakebed. Living in a trailer with thunderstorms looming in the distance.
Finally got out to shoot my Marlin M99 M1 .22 rifle yesterday.

Published specs on the rifle says it has a magazine capacity of 9, so I filled it with 9 and had feeding problems. I experimented with the round count and found that 8 rounds in the magazine made the rifle run perfectly. Overall I shot about 75 rounds without a problem and the rifle seems to be just breaking in after all these years. I really suspect that this rifle was put away and hardly shot at all by it's original owner. Seems the cobwebs slowly vanished the more I fired it. Trigger pull is nice and getting better. Groups were shooting to the left and soon I get the sights dialed in. I like this rifle alot

I found a scope mount for my .22 Benjamin air rifle at Bass Pro Shops and had some fun with it. Got some blisters from air pumping and I realize a air rifle isn't very accurate through a smooth bore It was a good day out and it's starting to get hot in the Nevada desert.

Last edited by hobocircus; 04-05-2007 at 02:41 PM.
hobocircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #12
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 96900
help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobocircus View Post
I had to work on saturday so I took a trip to the gun show today to find a near mint Marlin Model 99 M1 .22 rifle. I saw it on a dealers table and I really thought it was some kind of special re-issue. Super clean with some tiny, tiny dings on the wood. $159 private sale
I asked the seller if this was some newly manufactured rifle from Marlin (yeah, it was that clean). He said it was a pre serial number rifle so it was probably made in the 60s. I couldn't believe someone didn't buy it on saturday and the dealer said that a lot of guys said they would be back for it later. Ha ha! I am glad I got it first! Features the early Marlin trademarks like the golden trigger and the bullseye in the stock. I had about half a dozen people ask to look at it and many more stares as I browsed the other tables.
Overall another typical gun show. Ammo prices are very high and I don't see it coming down anytime soon (if ever). I would have liked to buy some bulk 7.62x39, .223 or 9mm but I just took home this budget minded plinker instead

I just recently got a Marlin 99 M1 and I am having some issues. A guy acually payed me to take the gun because he wanted a subwoofer amp that i had so he gave me 20 bucks and the gun as payment for the amp.Well it didnt come with the magazine tube and im having a hard time trying to find one. i really cant find any thing on a length of it or a part # anywhere. i would apprieciate it if you could measure yours or help me on any leads in this treachory.
Thanks, Matt
mattcajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #13
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 44190
Sweet, 6 year necropost addressing a member that hasn't been active for over a year.

GL with finding your answer though, Matt.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 87921
I also have one of those. mine does not have the rear sight. was gone when I got it. That rear sight alone is worth at least 75.00 dollars easy. you got a great deal on it. for more info on it try www.rimfirecentral.com wizzr
WIZZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #15
XDTalk Member

Member #: 41280
Beautiful gun. You and mattcajin should go register on the marlinowners (.com) forum. There are sub forums for all the marlin guns and the model 60's (I have an early one with the original 3X scope) and 99's have a huge following. I love the M1 version, actually love them all. They are some of the most beautiful and reliable 22's ever made. I think mattcajin can find a magazine tube for his over there.
Super90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #16
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 54620
I used to have one like it when I was a wee lad. mine was a 989 m2 (detachable magazine)

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Soil that is dirty grows the countless things. A river that is too pure contains no fish. Thus as a mature person you properly include and retain a measure of grime.
YoopermikeXDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #17
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
I have an early 60s Glenfield Marlin Model 60. Bought it for 75 bucks in a pawn shop.

Decent shooter and pretty reliable....it is my beater 22 that stays behind the rear seat in my Tundra.

I also have another Marlin 22...an early 50s Model 39. That one is a gem and stays in the safe. Fantastic shooter.

-brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #18
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43664
Congrats

I also lost all my guns in a terrible Boating accident. There seems to be alot of accidents these days.
southern thunder is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
marlin 99 model
marlin m-1 .22
marlin m1
marlin m1 99
marlin m99
marlin m99 for sale
marlin m99 m1

marlin model 99

marlin model 99 m 1

marlin model 99 m1

marlin model 99 m1 capacity
marlin model 99 m1 review
marlin model 99 value
marlin model 99m1
the marlin firearms co model 99m1
Click on a term to search for related topics.