• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Is it destiny? G21 is home and got them pics!

This is a discussion on Is it destiny? G21 is home and got them pics! within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; The FNX did feel really good and I'm sure the trigger would smooth out. Its probably not fair to judge any brand new gun's trigger ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » Is it destiny? G21 is home and got them pics!

Old 03-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #11
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 84986
The FNX did feel really good and I'm sure the trigger would smooth out. Its probably not fair to judge any brand new gun's trigger at a gun shop. I think with this purchase I want to stick with the Glock. A Beretta 92A1 keeps looking better and better though and I feel most confident with a 9mm. I think it was an M9 but in any case the grip feels really smooth and rounded. If I get the G21 I would like my next gun to not be a polymer. What it comes down to is, I would love to have at least one gun from every reputable gun maker. All in good time I guess. Snaphook, where are your de-programmers?
Baikal single barrel break action 12GA
Marlin .22LR Stainless w/ .22 ProStaff

Wife's
Ruger LCR .38 Special Ltd. Edition
StreetFightingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-28-2014, 10:23 PM   #12
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 18005
I wouldn't mind an FNX tactical in 45. They pull a pretty penny though. I could probably get a G21 with a Burris on it for the price of one though

Either would make getting a can a requirement though!
DevJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:11 AM   #13
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 25904
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetFightingMan View Post
The wife still doesn't understand why I need more than one gun
Why does she need more than one purse? Or pair of shoes? Just sayin'

I'd go with the FNX.
S&W 4" Model 15-3
1985 Bulgarian Makarov 9x18
Ruger Mk II 50th Anniversary (the wife's)
Ruger K10/22RPF
KingWulfgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:32 AM   #14
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
Quote:
Went to a gun and knife show today, for $3 entry fee you never know what you might find. The one shop that displayed the most pistols at the show had a G21 Gen 4 that I've been eyeballing since I got my G26 a little over a month ago. He said he'd be willing to look at my XD for a potential trade. I wasn't having luck selling it and none of the other shops would consider it as a trade because they didn't like how a gun smith didn't install the trigger, and the other one would only do a consignment and said it would be a tough sell since she has the XDs .45. The guy with G21 is also the same guy I traded my XDm to for the P-07 and he gave me a fair price then. Maybe it would happen again. It won't hurt to bring it in and throw some numbers around! I wouldn't mind having a G21 to play with this weekend

Also go to fondle some new guns. The M9 felt good and so did the P2022. The FNX felt great but the trigger was extremely gritty and rough. The Walther PPX felt good to and had a sweet trigger so I can see what the hype is about. Handled a GP100 4" stainless that will be one of my next guns. The wife still doesn't understand why I need more than one gun
Yessss...gooood.

Let your Glock flow...turn to the dark side. It is...your destiny.

I'll go bake some cookies.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:30 PM   #15
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 74119
Quote:
The FNX did feel really good and I'm sure the trigger would smooth out. Its probably not fair to judge any brand new gun's trigger at a gun shop. I think with this purchase I want to stick with the Glock. A Beretta 92A1 keeps looking better and better though and I feel most confident with a 9mm. I think it was an M9 but in any case the grip feels really smooth and rounded. If I get the G21 I would like my next gun to not be a polymer. What it comes down to is, I would love to have at least one gun from every reputable gun maker. All in good time I guess. Snaphook, where are your de-programmers?
I checked and the deprogrammers are busy de-gaying someone but they'll get to you as soon as possible. Thing is you can always sell your Glocks and buy a better gun when the illness passes. Think Sig.
Numerous P series Sig's (X5 Allround, MK25, P220 Match Stainless Elite), SA TRP, SW Performance Center 1911, SW N frame PC revolvers (627, 629), HK's (HK45 P30LS), CZ75, XDs, and a few other guns laying around. Allahglockbar!
Snaphook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #16
XDTalk 10K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaphook View Post
I checked and the deprogrammers are busy de-gaying someone but they'll get to you as soon as possible. Thing is you can always sell your Glocks and buy a better gun when the illness passes. Think Sig.
That's what I did...all my Glocks metamorphosed into beautiful 1911's.

However, that doesn't mean that Glocks aren't great pistols...

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Old 03-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #17
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 95072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaphook View Post
Get the FNX. Seriously, run a few hundred rounds through it and the trigger will smooth right out and you've got a really nice gun. I've got friends who have them in 45 and they are fine shooting guns and being hammer fired you can get a much better trigger.
I love the way the fnx feels, and I love the hk style safety that does everything.
I just can't justify another full size .45 right now. If I could, that would be on the short list.
Luke 22:36
Luke 11:21

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

--Richard Henry Lee

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

--Thomas Jefferson
NathanXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #18
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 74119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
That's what I did...all my Glocks metamorphosed into beautiful 1911's.

However, that doesn't mean that Glocks aren't great pistols...
Nice.
Numerous P series Sig's (X5 Allround, MK25, P220 Match Stainless Elite), SA TRP, SW Performance Center 1911, SW N frame PC revolvers (627, 629), HK's (HK45 P30LS), CZ75, XDs, and a few other guns laying around. Allahglockbar!
Snaphook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #19
XDTalk 10K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanXD View Post
I love the way the fnx feels, and I love the hk style safety that does everything.
I just can't justify another full size .45 right now. If I could, that would be on the short list.
Funny enough...I just backed away from an FNX45 today.

I've got 5 doublestack 45's already...I need another one like I need a hole in he head.

I think it was destiny, though, because a Colt CCO just popped up on Armslist...do want...

Old 03-29-2014, 06:14 PM   #20
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 84986
Brought her home and the Martians aprove!

Glock..Glock..Glock Glock Glock Glock....yep yep yep yep yep, uhuh, uhuh, ooooOOOOoooo

This thing is a behemoth! Pictures on the web don't do it justice for how beastly this thing is, and I love it. The slide is so wide and I'm definitely glad the Gen4 is an SF frame. No straps needed here. This is definitely my new HD gun of choice and I like how my TLR-3 light is even with the end of the gun. Already did the .$25 trigger job and she's all lubed up for a trip to the range tomorrow. The trigger feels really good as is so I'm not sure if I'm going to do more with it. Maybe a new connector but I'll give it time as it is for now. Can't wait to shoot it!
Baikal single barrel break action 12GA
Marlin .22LR Stainless w/ .22 ProStaff

Wife's
Ruger LCR .38 Special Ltd. Edition
StreetFightingMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns