• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDS recalled, sig 938 been back 3 times. I bought a 2013 mustang CT

This is a discussion on XDS recalled, sig 938 been back 3 times. I bought a 2013 mustang CT within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; not the car.... a Colt... My very first Colt.. My Xds45 is in recall limbo and after many problems with my 938 and horrible customer ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » XDS recalled, sig 938 been back 3 times. I bought a 2013 mustang CT

Old 10-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 41876
XDS recalled, sig 938 been back 3 times. I bought a 2013 mustang CT

not the car.... a Colt... My very first Colt.. My Xds45 is in recall limbo and after many problems with my 938 and horrible customer service from sig after three trips back, I sold it and bought the one I wanted from the getgo. I only bought the 938 as it was 9mm and wanted to stick with calibers I already had....lesson learned. Colt Mustang pocketlite 380

here she is with an old Beretta 950BS (.22short) for size reference.

1911 SA loaded, RIA Compact tactical 9mm
Ruger SR556
SLR-95

Last edited by SquirrelSlayer; 10-06-2013 at 12:42 PM.
SquirrelSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

She fits in well with the others... I just put another small used 1911 style plinker in layaway at a small old LGS.. it will round out my caliber selection in 1911's. I got home with enough daylight to run 6 mags through it. (2 six and 1 7 round mag). Recoil is absolutely non existent and truly a pleasure to shoot. I LIKE it, I LIKE IT A LOT. I may paint the front sight blade for quick transitions, but I want to put some more rounds through it and get used to carrying it.

Ruger SR556
SLR-95
Old 10-05-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
I've been going back and forth between one of these and a 238; the only thing making go towards the Sig is better sights.

What were the issues with your 238, and was SIG able to finally resolve them?

Then again, that Pony is just so much nicer looking...

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 81475
Filler her up with some hot underwood 102gr and she'll get the job done nicely
Jbehredt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
I've been going back and forth between one of these and a 238; the only thing making go towards the Sig is better sights.

What were the issues with your 238, and was SIG able to finally resolve them?

Then again, that Pony is just so much nicer looking...
Sorry, it was a 938, not a 238. Can't change the title now.. As I understand it the guy that designed the colt mustang pocket lite back in the 90's now works for sig. It is a direct copy. You can use colt mags in the sig, or put sig grips on the colt..

My issues were as follows.... I bought it in April and as a later production that should have had the updated parts as it had problems in the beginning..

First extractor broke around 150 rounds... Sent it back. Got it back and put 200 more rounds through it until the firing pin broke. Sent it back... Another extractor broke. After that and sending it back I decided it was time to go when I got it back. You shouldn't have to worry about something not working when it matters, not to mention the price of it...

The thing that really pissed me off from day one... Rack the slide with a full mag, then drop the mag to top it off.. It would strip the top two rounds every time. Sometimes three rounds. Every time it went back to sig I wrote a detailed letter.. Sig would not acknowledge the known issues. They said "it didn't impede the function of the firearm and is completely normal"

I tried to like it. I'm a 1911 junkie. I loved the sights on it, but the issues I had and the money I spent and sig not wanting to do anything about it did it for me. I almost bought the colt to begin with, but didn't because it was 380.

I've had the colt about a month now. It's got 450 round through it. No issues and its a pleasure to shoot. Not near as snappy a the 938 was.
Ruger SR556
SLR-95
Old 10-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #6
XDTalk 10K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelSlayer View Post
Sorry, it was a 938, not a 238. Can't change the title now.. As I understand it the guy that designed the colt mustang pocket lite back in the 90's now works for sig. It is a direct copy. You can use colt mags in the sig, or put sig grips on the colt..

My issues were as follows.... I bought it in April and as a later production that should have had the updated parts as it had problems in the beginning..

First extractor broke around 150 rounds... Sent it back. Got it back and put 200 more rounds through it until the firing pin broke. Sent it back... Another extractor broke. After that and sending it back I decided it was time to go when I got it back. You shouldn't have to worry about something not working when it matters, not to mention the price of it...

The thing that really pissed me off from day one... Rack the slide with a full mag, then drop the mag to top it off.. It would strip the top two rounds every time. Sometimes three rounds. Every time it went back to sig I wrote a detailed letter.. Sig would not acknowledge the known issues. They said "it didn't impede the function of the firearm and is completely normal"

I tried to like it. I'm a 1911 junkie. I loved the sights on it, but the issues I had and the money I spent and sig not wanting to do anything about it did it for me. I almost bought the colt to begin with, but didn't because it was 380.

I've had the colt about a month now. It's got 450 round through it. No issues and its a pleasure to shoot. Not near as snappy a the 938 was.
Ah, cool. I know 238's had a recall when they first came out, but it had been a while since I'd heard of any major issues with them.

I'd considered a 938, but it's a little bigger than what I want--and that is, something that will replace the 1917-built Colt 1908 .25 I will carry when I just plain have to pocket carry.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Old 10-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 80120
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelSlayer View Post
Doesn't this violate intellectual property laws?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
CarlWinslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

It pissed me off so bad that sold my sig 522. I'll probably never own another sig product again.
Ruger SR556
SLR-95
Old 10-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #9
XDTalk 10K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslo View Post
Doesn't this violate intellectual property laws?
Nope.

Patent expired on the Colt.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
Ah, cool. I know 238's had a recall when they first came out, but it had been a while since I'd heard of any major issues with them.

I'd considered a 938, but it's a little bigger than what I want--and that is, something that will replace the 1917-built Colt 1908 .25 I will carry when I just plain have to pocket carry.
Gotcha, my minx was my pocket carry.. But as a 22 short.....

Anyways, the colt is a better pocket carry IMO. The slide is a lot thinner and more rounded. It's was meant for pocket carry. The sig slide had a much thicker and square off slide that makes its hangup from a pocket draw.

The sites on the sig were night sites and better, but you gotta figure you won't be target practicing at 100 yards after midnight with it...

The sites on the colt are low profile and standard GI style if you're familiar with 1911's. it's quite accurate to 30 yards. Haven't shot it any further than that yet.
Ruger SR556
SLR-95

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
2013 youtube on sig 938
recall sig 938

sig 938 recall

sig 938 reclls

xds or sig 938

Click on a term to search for related topics.