• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

NGD... Another CZ P07!

This is a discussion on NGD... Another CZ P07! within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Been researching hammer fired pistols for a while now and the name that seemed to come up the most consistently was cz. Iveen interested in ...

Old 01-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 8791
NGD... Another CZ P07!

Been researching hammer fired pistols for a while now and the name that seemed to come up the most consistently was cz.

Iveen interested in these guns for quite some time. In fact, I wish I had purchased one back in the day as they seem to have gone up in price at least a hundred or two hundred dollars!

Anyhow I was checking out some different LGS today and one had a P-07 and the price was right.

So I headed to the local range with this CZ and and trust XD9.

Much has been said about CZ's ergonomics and I can say that they work very well. The grip is definitely thinner than the XD and fits my hand well. I think I might prefer the XDs a touch more, but for carrying I think the P-07 has some definite advantages.

The P-07 trigger is SAWEET! The dual action pull is LONG but very smooth and predictable. The SA is smooth, short, predictable and sweet! A lot has been said about it and it really is that good.

Both feature similar style sight systems and one didnt have an advantage over the other as far as target acquisition.

P-07 7 yards

P-07 15 yards

XD9 7 Yards

Xd9 15 Yards

The smaller holes in the bottom two pics was my buddy in the next lane firing some .223 rounds through my target to be funny. In the first pic I'm pretty sure the rounds above the bullseye were my first two shots. Getting used to the trigger and I jerked the gun.

The P-07 was literally taken from the store to the range. No cleaning etc was done to it. I've probably fired 2k rounds through my XD usually stick from 7-10 yards.

Subjectively the P-07 did seem a little less fatiguing to use if that makes any sense although the recoil on both is very easily controlled.

Biggest dissapointment of the day comes from my M&P40c. Bought it a couple weeks ago based solely on recommendations. Wish I had fired it first. Trigger is no wear near as refined as the other two pistols Very mush and abrupt. No smoothness or predictability at all. Once I got comfortable with it my groupings were consistent, but not on par with the other two pistols
sarcazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 42776
I want one
goody2141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody2141 View Post
I want one
For the price I honestly dont think anything can touch it. Seen it as low as 423 online. These things dont seem to stay in stock at all!

I'd put it up against a sig or HK any day of the week. (Sigs and HKS are fantastic guns, just quite a bit more money)
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 265
Congrats. My LGS has one and I have played with it a few times. You're not joking about the trigger! I could not believe how nice it was. I was somewhat scared off bad reviews and claims of reliability issues. Please keep us posted on how yours performs.

As far as the M&P40C goes, head over to Apex Tactical Specialties. I have several M&P's and strongly feel that the DCAEK kit should be part of Smith normal production. M&P + Apex = pure awesomeness.
mlk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk18 View Post
Congrats. My LGS has one and I have played with it a few times. You're not joking about the trigger! I could not believe how nice it was. I was somewhat scared off bad reviews and claims of reliability issues. Please keep us posted on how yours performs.

As far as the M&P40C goes, head over to Apex Tactical Specialties. I have several M&P's and strongly feel that the DCAEK kit should be part of Smith normal production. M&P + Apex = pure awesomeness.
I saw a post made by the guys at cz custom saying the issues have been solved. They listed serial numbers but I can't remember them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk18 View Post

Is this a known issue with the M&P? I believe I spent $499 for the gun. +$100 for the kit would have bought me a pretty sweet pistol with a great trigger out of the box.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 56604
CZs make terrific handguns but please keep that to yourselves as they are extremely hard to get.
stvan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
cz
cz p 07 forum

cz p-07 forum

cz p07 forum
cz p07 or sig p226
Click on a term to search for related topics.