• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Glock 26 Sight Problem

This is a discussion on Glock 26 Sight Problem within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I bought a Glock 26 over Christmas. I'm shooting low and left. Figured it was me. Added a Lasermax Guide Rod Laser and the laser ...

Old 01-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 82937
Unhappy Glock 26 Sight Problem

I bought a Glock 26 over Christmas. I'm shooting low and left. Figured it was me. Added a Lasermax Guide Rod Laser and the laser is "on" with the bullet pattern. Is it possible the sights (NON-ADJUSTABLE) are off? Any advice as to what I should do?
Facilitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 44190
There's nothing wrong with the pistol, that's just Glock Perfection at work.

Shoot it from a solid rest, laser may still not be zero'd or you're just suffering from a case of the LnL's due to your technique.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 22287
Glock sights are inexpensive polymer and come in different heights. The right side of the rear sight has a marked code, stacked short over long dashes. If your rear sight is 6.5 mm and hitting low, you can try a taller 6.9 mm or 7.3 mm replacement. If the pistol is hitting left of aim, drift the rear sight slightly to the right. It won't take much. I use a vice on the bare slide with soft no-marring vice inserts and nylon punch. It is easy to do and if done properly will not show any marks at all.

Depending one whether you are right or left handed, you may be shooting low left due to trigger jerk/slap or increasing grip squeeze. Since you own other pistols and are getting groups, I was assuming that you had good form and just need to sight in. If one of you buddies is a marksman have him give it a try and see if it also prints low left for him.
Wild Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #4
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 82937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Rice View Post
Glock sights are inexpensive polymer and come in different heights. The right side of the rear sight has a marked code, stacked short over long dashes. If your rear sight is 6.5 mm and hitting low, you can try a taller 6.9 mm or 7.3 mm replacement. If the pistol is hitting left of aim, drift the rear sight slightly to the right. It won't take much. I use a vice on the bare slide with soft no-marring vice inserts and nylon punch. It is easy to do and if done properly will not show any marks at all.

Depending one whether you are right or left handed, you may be shooting low left due to trigger jerk/slap or increasing grip squeeze. Since you own other pistols and are getting groups, I was assuming that you had good form and just need to sight in. If one of you buddies is a marksman have him give it a try and see if it also prints low left for him.
Thanks for your reply! For $5 I can't go wrong giving it a try so I'm ordering a taller sight to see if it helps. Sounds easy enough to replace. If I have the slide in a vice with inserts I just drive the old sight out and the new one in?
Facilitator is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

glock 26, sights

Search tags for this page
correcting low left with a g26

glock 26

glock 26 isues
glock 26 low and left
glock 26 shooting low left

glock 26 sight issues

glock 26 sight pattern
glock 26 sight picture
glock 26:sight mark
glock m shooting
glock sight issues
glock signt problem

proper sight picture glock 26

shooting low left glock26
sight glock 26 sightmark
what is the group pattern of a glock 26
Click on a term to search for related topics.