XD Talk

  • Home
  • Forum
  • Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Glock 26/27 VS XDs AND Lasermax Guide Rod Laser

This is a discussion on Glock 26/27 VS XDs AND Lasermax Guide Rod Laser within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I have the XDM 9mm and love it! It's a smooth-shooting gun with little recoil and was recommended to me by a good friend who ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » Glock 26/27 VS XDs AND Lasermax Guide Rod Laser

Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
XDTalk Supporter
 
Facilitator's Avatar
 
Member #: 82937
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 472
Thumbs up Glock 26/27 VS XDs AND Lasermax Guide Rod Laser

I have the XDM 9mm and love it! It's a smooth-shooting gun with little recoil and was recommended to me by a good friend who is also a police officer and let me shoot his. I added the Lasermax Guide Rod Laser and wow, is it now a sweet package.

There are a few threads here comparing Glock 26/27 vs XDs for CCW. The same officer recommends the Glock 26 Gen 4 and I'll own one soon. There are a couple of reasons for my choice, but a deciding factor is that Lasermax makes a guide rod laser for the G26/27 and they do not yet have one for the sub-compact XD/XDM models.

There are other threads discussing the Lasermax GRLs and some people report problems. I've only shot about 250 rounds since I installed it in my XDM9 but so far no problems. Many of the issues I'm reading seem to stem from improper installation - you have to get things lined up just right.

BTW - Lasermax currently has a $60 rebate on their GRLs. I've already purchased the GRL in advance of the G26!
Facilitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member
 
TakeM406's Avatar
 
Member #: 82435
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 483
I love my 27 gen 3. I looked at the XDS but I like higher capacity.

I was going to get a 26 G4 but found a used 27 with night sights for $450.

Then I can always convert to 9 later, but I already set up for 40.

I was worried that the 40 would be hard to hold on to. Really it shoots no different than my 4.5 XDM.

I'm really happy with my first Glock and plan to buy a few more in my dreamy future.

The trigger is amazing too! Reset is perfect!

Pretty accurate too! Shot some great groups!

Not sure on the Lasermax. I got a Lasergaurd because I figure a laser that isn't instinctively activated is pointless. I came to this after my training class this summer. The laser isn't a save all but doing retention is a big help!

Sent from my layout blind
Attached Thumbnails
Glock 26/27 VS XDs AND Lasermax Guide Rod Laser-uploadfromtaptalk1356487583476.jpg  
TakeM406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member
 
Brownie65's Avatar
 
Member #: 71750
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeM406 View Post
I love my 27 gen 3. I looked at the XDS but I like higher capacity.

I was going to get a 26 G4 but found a used 27 with night sights for $450.

Then I can always convert to 9 later, but I already set up for 40.

I was worried that the 40 would be hard to hold on to. Really it shoots no different than my 4.5 XDM.

I'm really happy with my first Glock and plan to buy a few more in my dreamy future.

The trigger is amazing too! Reset is perfect!

Pretty accurate too! Shot some great groups!

Not sure on the Lasermax. I got a Lasergaurd because I figure a laser that isn't instinctively activated is pointless. I came to this after my training class this summer. The laser isn't a save all but doing retention is a big help!

Sent from my layout blind
I bet that grip makes your 27 easy to find on the nightstand. I went with a black sleeve since I sleep with he lights on


———You can't always get what you want, but if you try you get what you need.
Brownie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member
 
TakeM406's Avatar
 
Member #: 82435
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 483
Totally lol! Actually it doesn't glow much at all. Just love the color!

Sent from my layout blind
TakeM406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
XDTalk Supporter
 
Facilitator's Avatar
 
Member #: 82937
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 472
Been thinking today..... might get the 27 Gen 4 and the conversion barrel - 2 guns in one! The Guide Rod Laser is the same. Only have to get a couple of 9mm magazines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeM406 View Post
I love my 27 gen 3. I looked at the XDS but I like higher capacity.

I was going to get a 26 G4 but found a used 27 with night sights for $450.

Then I can always convert to 9 later, but I already set up for 40.

I was worried that the 40 would be hard to hold on to. Really it shoots no different than my 4.5 XDM.

I'm really happy with my first Glock and plan to buy a few more in my dreamy future.

The trigger is amazing too! Reset is perfect!

Pretty accurate too! Shot some great groups!

Not sure on the Lasermax. I got a Lasergaurd because I figure a laser that isn't instinctively activated is pointless. I came to this after my training class this summer. The laser isn't a save all but doing retention is a big help!

Sent from my layout blind
Facilitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
XDTalk Newbie
 
Member #: 53523
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: fulltime RVer
Posts: 15
So, just how difficult is the Lasermax to install? How do you activate it?

Joe
__________________
My Tools:
Glock 26 Gen 4
Ruger GP100 4" .357 blued
S&W 642 PC Talo Edition
Walther 22
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #7
XDTalk Supporter
 
Facilitator's Avatar
 
Member #: 82937
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 472
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joezilla View Post
So, just how difficult is the Lasermax to install? How do you activate it?

Joe
Joe,
If you go to the Lasermax website you can download the installaton guides. Installation on the Glock 26 involves the replacement of the guide rod/springassembly with the laser/spring assembly (obviously) and the replacement of the slide lock/spring. The slide lock becomes the laser on/off switch.

I am working with Lasermax on an issue. When Glock introduced their Gen 4 they had a bit larger guide rod hole in the slide so Lasermax built their GRLs to fit. Then Glock reverted to the smaller guide role hole (Gen 3 size). The GRL I purchased for Gen 4 will not fit through the guide rod hole in the slide Lasermax is replacing a retention clip on the front of the laser to remedy this - but I'm without the laser while this happens.

I own a LaserMax GRL for my XDM9 and found that wathing installation videos on YouTube was VERY helpful.
Facilitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #8
XDTalk Newbie
 
Member #: 53523
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: fulltime RVer
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facilitator View Post
Joe,
If you go to the Lasermax website you can download the installaton guides. Installation on the Glock 26 involves the replacement of the guide rod/springassembly with the laser/spring assembly (obviously) and the replacement of the slide lock/spring. The slide lock becomes the laser on/off switch.

I am working with Lasermax on an issue. When Glock introduced their Gen 4 they had a bit larger guide rod hole in the slide so Lasermax built their GRLs to fit. Then Glock reverted to the smaller guide role hole (Gen 3 size). The GRL I purchased for Gen 4 will not fit through the guide rod hole in the slide Lasermax is replacing a retention clip on the front of the laser to remedy this - but I'm without the laser while this happens.

I own a LaserMax GRL for my XDM9 and found that wathing installation videos on YouTube was VERY helpful.
I went to the LaserMax site and found that the Gen 3 and Gen 4 lasers are not interchangeable. Perhaps they are now?

Joe
__________________
My Tools:
Glock 26 Gen 4
Ruger GP100 4" .357 blued
S&W 642 PC Talo Edition
Walther 22
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

glock 26, glock 27


Search tags for this page
gen 3 glock 26 lasermax
,
glock 26
,
glock 26 gen 4 vs xds
,
glock 26 lasermax guide rod
,
glock 26 size
,

glock 26 vs xds 9

,
glock 27 vs xd-m 9mm
,
green laser glock 26 4gen
,
is lasermax the same for gen 3 and 4 glock 27
,
lasermax grl
,
xds 9 vrs gen 4 glock 26
,

xds 9 vs glock 26

,

xds 9mm vs glock 26

,

xds guide rod laser

,

xds lasermax

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd-handguns/219920-glock-26-27-vs-xds-lasermax-guide-rod-laser.html
Posted By For Type Date
lasermax glock 26 - Virgilio Ricerca Web This thread Refback 02-20-2013 02:42 AM