• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

SIG Sauer Mosquito & Walther P22 - .22LR

This is a discussion on SIG Sauer Mosquito & Walther P22 - .22LR within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; SIG Sauer Mosquito & Walther P22 - .22LR Pistol I am wanting to add a .22 pistol to my collection. Has anyone shot a SIG ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » SIG Sauer Mosquito & Walther P22 - .22LR

Old 12-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 14998
SIG Sauer Mosquito & Walther P22 - .22LR

SIG Sauer Mosquito & Walther P22 - .22LR Pistol

I am wanting to add a .22 pistol to my collection. Has anyone shot a SIG Sauer Mosquito or Walther P22 .22LR ? I am looking for a little advice on which gun to buy.
I have shot the Walther P22 before, and really like it (jams a little).
I have never held or shot the SIG Sauer Mosquito (but I figure its good, since its a SIG)
They cost about the same. I was planning on the Walther P22, but that was before I saw SIG Sauer had a .22 pistol

Thanks for your help
xd40xd is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 81475
Mosquito is a great little gun as long as you shoot CCI mini mags exclusively. Won't cycle a full mag of anything else we've tried. Will run hundreds of the mini mags without interruption. The wife was gun shy and I thought she might enjoy a .22 for awhile. I was right. She drags me to the range now. Only problem I have with it is slowing my shots down so as not to get corrected by range personnel Mini mag boxes are $6.77 @ wal mart.
Jbehredt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42478
Not reading thread. P22 is total trash. Feels and looks great. That is it. Pot Metal slide. Jams out the ass. Basically NEEDS home gunsmithing to be usable at all.

No input on the mosquito. But it is a sig. So I'd assume its at least better than the p22.

**Posted from my Moto Charm using Tapatalk**
Backup Carry Weapon: Taurus Tracker 44Mag Snubnose
Non Lethal Carry: Sabre Red Crossfire 1.3%
Flashlight Carry: Streamlight Strion 74301
Carry Knife: Buck PakLite Skinner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

divxrippimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
Not reading thread. P22 is total trash. Feels and looks great. That is it. Pot Metal slide. Jams out the ass. Basically NEEDS home gunsmithing to be usable at all.

No input on the mosquito. But it is a sig. So I'd assume its at least better than the p22.

**Posted from my Moto Charm using Tapatalk**
Don't listen to retards that don't even know the Skeeeter isn't a Sig. It's made by Umarex which makes a number of 22s including the Walther P22.
I have both and I like them both, as Jbehredt said with 40gr CCI Mini-Mags and the lighter recoil spring they can be great. I had 4 or 5 fails in the first three mags, thousands and thousands of rounds later ( close to 10,000rnds now ) is still runs great. But is seems you get a good one or a bad one, no way to know which. I use my Skeeter to sim my 9mm Sig P228 as now with some mods I made they actually feel and shoot rather close.
The P22 needs a couple easy mods to make it run really well, but the mods are easy and there is a whole PDF file showing you just how to do it ( you sand a couple of rough edges basically ).
Some will recommend Rugers and Buckmarks, they're good guns just not what I was looking for.
You should also take a look at the Bersa 22 mine has been nothing short of fantastic and has been my everyday varmint gun.
The M&P-22 is also apparently a really great 22 for simulating the full size striker guns like glock, XD and M&Ps.

Sig makes a line called ( I think ) P Series Classic 22, it's thier regular Sig centerfire frames with a dedicated 22 upper. I've heard some good things so far but not enough to say yea or neigh.
There are also a lot of 22 cal 1911s right now, some good ( GSG which also makes the Sig 1911-22 ) and some not-so-good ( Chiappa ). Browning just came out with one.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 14998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
Don't listen to retards that don't even know the Skeeeter isn't a Sig. It's made by Umarex which makes a number of 22s including the Walther P22.
I have both and I like them both, as Jbehredt said with 40gr CCI Mini-Mags and the lighter recoil spring they can be great. I had 4 or 5 fails in the first three mags, thousands and thousands of rounds later ( close to 10,000rnds now ) is still runs great. But is seems you get a good one or a bad one, no way to know which. I use my Skeeter to sim my 9mm Sig P228 as now with some mods I made they actually feel and shoot rather close.
The P22 needs a couple easy mods to make it run really well, but the mods are easy and there is a whole PDF file showing you just how to do it ( you sand a couple of rough edges basically ).
Some will recommend Rugers and Buckmarks, they're good guns just not what I was looking for.
You should also take a look at the Bersa 22 mine has been nothing short of fantastic and has been my everyday varmint gun.
The M&P-22 is also apparently a really great 22 for simulating the full size striker guns like glock, XD and M&Ps.

Sig makes a line called ( I think ) P Series Classic 22, it's thier regular Sig centerfire frames with a dedicated 22 upper. I've heard some good things so far but not enough to say yea or neigh.
There are also a lot of 22 cal 1911s right now, some good ( GSG which also makes the Sig 1911-22 ) and some not-so-good ( Chiappa ). Browning just came out with one.

Thank you.. I figured that's why the P22 was jamming a little when I shot it..

I thought the Mosquito was from SIG Sauer too, since it was on the barrel & grip in the picture (Sig Mosquito .22LR Black $289.00 SHIPS FREE )

The Bersa looks like it could be a good little gun

That's the first time I have noticed the M&P 22 <-- lots of good reviews

@Kaboom - So are you saying you like the Bersa over P22 and Mosquito?
xd40xd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 79432
Another .22 you might want to throw into the mix is the Ruger SR22. Mine has been virtually trouble free for at least 4000 rds so far. I would attribute all of the FTF's to the cheap Remington bulk I fire and that is very few incidents. Check out some of the vids on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.
aceridr50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
AVB
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81717
I had a few issues with my P22 for about the first 100 rounds, the only problem I have had since is a loose barrel nut. I have had it about 10 years now and have never field stripped it. The only think I don't like is the way the hammer catches on the safety, but it has never caused me a problem.
AVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
AVB
XDTalk 500 Member

I just remembered I hate the 10 round capacity on the P22. 10 rounds do not last long in this thing.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 23926
If I were to buy a .22 it'd be an M&P or Ruger Mark series.

- Ronald Reagan
drs1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #10
AVB
XDTalk 500 Member

I would consider the M&P if I was shopping for a .22 today.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

.22lr, p22, sig mosquito, sig sauer, walther

Search tags for this page
22 sig
sig mosquito .22lr
sig mosquito review
sig mosquito vs walther p22
sig sauer 22 mosquito review

sig sauer mosquito

sig sauer mosquito 22 vs walther p22
sig sauer mosquito 22lr review
sig sauer mosquito or walther p22

sig sauer mosquito review

sig sauer mosquito vs walther p22
walther p22 22lr
walther p22 vs sig mosquito
walther p22 vs sig sauer mosquito
who make the sig sauer mosquito
Click on a term to search for related topics.