• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

SIG Sauer Mosquito & Walther P22 - .22LR

This is a discussion on SIG Sauer Mosquito & Walther P22 - .22LR within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Ruger SR22! Nuff said! You want fries with that!?...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » SIG Sauer Mosquito & Walther P22 - .22LR

Old 01-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #31
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81134
Ruger SR22! Nuff said!

You want fries with that!?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #32
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 60785
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhouse01 View Post
could you give me some advice about a SIG mosquito?
What sort of advice are you looking for? Here's he best I can offer for a generic question...

Buy a later model series. There were some issues fixed in later models. All S/N's start with a letter and they started with A.

They need to be clean. A field strip and wipe down after about every 100 rounds is required. I don't re-lubricate, but I take the slide off wipe out the grooves and re-assemble.

They are particular about ammo and it isn't the same for each gun. So you have to try lots of brands and velocities before you find one that will reliably cycle your weapon. The manual says CCI Mini Mags, but they would not function in my gun, while they work fine in others. You just have to keep trying.

It took me about three months to figure out all the intricacies of my particular Mosquito, but now that I know what it likes, its been very reliable.

I shoot it more than any other pistol I own and have put several thousand rounds through it. I know that at some point while at the range it will take a quick wipe down and that's just become part of the range kit.

It is not a perfect gun. If I had known all the problems I would have to get it to work I probably wouldn't have bought it. Now that it works for me, I won't get rid of it either. It is the pistol I pull out when new shooters want to try something at the range with me. It is also the pistol I use with my boys.

Not sure that answers your question, but if it doesn't, feel free to PM me.
PistolEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #33
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 14998
Errokk and others who have the Ruger SR 22. I bought the fobus roto holster.. What holsters do you all use?
xd40xd is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

.22lr, p22, sig mosquito, sig sauer, walther

Search tags for this page
22 sig
sig mosquito .22lr
sig mosquito review
sig mosquito vs walther p22
sig sauer 22 mosquito review

sig sauer mosquito

sig sauer mosquito 22 vs walther p22
sig sauer mosquito 22lr review
sig sauer mosquito or walther p22

sig sauer mosquito review

sig sauer mosquito vs walther p22
walther p22 22lr
walther p22 vs sig mosquito
walther p22 vs sig sauer mosquito
who make the sig sauer mosquito
Click on a term to search for related topics.