• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

What would you choose... XDs or Sig SP2022?

This is a discussion on What would you choose... XDs or Sig SP2022? within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Oh, I didn't realize I need to spell all the details out for you It was a single pistol, mine. All my friends that shot ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » What would you choose... XDs or Sig SP2022?

Old 12-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #31
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 83122
Oh, I didn't realize I need to spell all the details out for you It was a single pistol, mine. All my friends that shot that pistol, MY pistol, agreed with everything I said in my above post. Does that clarify things?
kabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #32
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 40218
To clarify:
You can get the 2022 with two mags. I did. I also think that some dealers remove one of the mags and sell the gun as having moly one mag.

Mags are easy to find. Greg Cote is out the cheapest place to get them.
OneInThePipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #33
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 80908
Something else to consider, OP - by all accounts, release of a 9mm XD-S is imminent. Reality probably will be that the gun shows up at SHOT next month, but doesn't truly get into the retail pipeline until sometime in the spring.

Still - unless you absolutely HAVE to have a new gun before then, it might be worth the wait.

So, there you go ... something ELSE to think about.
Timonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #34
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 71138
Like they said, Between the Glock 19 and the Smith and Wesson Bodyguard, you have 2 of the best CCDW guns you could ever want. The 19 is just small enough to carry concealed and just big enough that you can shoot it comfortably. A 19 will be my second Glock after I purchase my G29. As for the Bodyguard, I got my dad one for Christmas, and before I wrapped it I slipped it in the sticky holster I got for him and dropped it in my pocket. It practically disappeared. felt like a cell phone in my pocket.

But, between the 2022 and the XDs, I guess the question would be what your main purpose for it would be? If it's going to be a range gun, I'd go with the 2022. It's got a bigger frame and would be more comfortable to shoot for long periods of time, plus you can get it in 9mm and it would shoot the same stuff as your Glock. I can tell you from experience, that the XDs sucks as a range gun. Mainly because of it's small size and low capacity. You find yourself reloading ALOT! The agressive grip also will wear your hand out after 100 or so rounds. It's definitely not a gun that was meant to be shot a lot, at least a lot in one trip. It does however feel a whole lot better with the extended 7 round magazine in place. It makes the grip more of a full size grip and makes it helluva lot more comfortable to shoot. Now, for a CC gun, the XDs is a great choice. All the things that make it a crappy range gun is what makes it a great CC gun. It's nice, small, and thin, and easy to conceal a variety of ways. From IWB, to ankle, to even pocket carry (if you have big enough pockets), you can carry it practically any way you want. The agressive grip allows you to get and keep a firm grip on the gun. I suppose the only drawback would be the low capacity, but extra mags are small and light as well, and can be easily carried in your pocket or even on your belt in a cell phone case.

I'd suggest going someplace that rents them and trying them both out, and getting the one that feels the best that's going to fit your needs the best. When you do, be sure to post pictures of it, because those of us around here love looking at pictures of everyone's toys and living vicariously through each other! LOL

Good Luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
My Toys:
Springfield XD9 Service Model
Springfield XD45 Compact
Springfield XDs 45ACP (EDC)
Sig Sauer P226 MK25
Colt Match Competition HBAR II
MSAR STG-556
A few more that arent listed....
Devin.Morris.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #35
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 46969
I got one for my wife. She died recently and gave it to my son.

It is a solid pistol and almost anyone who owns one likes them. I did. I gave it away only because I love my son and the memory.

Watch
(Nutnfancy on the Sig SP2022).
CPTKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #36
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 56814
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
I got one for my wife. She died recently and gave it to my son.
Sorry to hear of your loss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternHaikus1 View Post
...If you buy the XDS, your bodyguard becomes obsolete -you'll have just as compact a weapon with more firepower in the XDs...
I have the XD-s and an LCP (comparable to the body guard) and I still carry the LCP often. I run in the mornings and the XD-s is too big and heavy to carry with athletic gear. Also depending on your attire the XD-s can still be tough to conceal in some cases. Different tools for different jobs... I wouldn't say the body guard would become obsolete...

- Gealousy
Gealousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #37
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin.Morris.007 View Post
Like they said, Between the Glock 19 and the Smith and Wesson Bodyguard, you have 2 of the best CCDW guns you could ever want. The 19 is just small enough to carry concealed and just big enough that you can shoot it comfortably. A 19 will be my second Glock after I purchase my G29. As for the Bodyguard, I got my dad one for Christmas, and before I wrapped it I slipped it in the sticky holster I got for him and dropped it in my pocket. It practically disappeared. felt like a cell phone in my pocket.

But, between the 2022 and the XDs, I guess the question would be what your main purpose for it would be? If it's going to be a range gun, I'd go with the 2022. It's got a bigger frame and would be more comfortable to shoot for long periods of time, plus you can get it in 9mm and it would shoot the same stuff as your Glock. I can tell you from experience, that the XDs sucks as a range gun. Mainly because of it's small size and low capacity. You find yourself reloading ALOT! The agressive grip also will wear your hand out after 100 or so rounds. It's definitely not a gun that was meant to be shot a lot, at least a lot in one trip. It does however feel a whole lot better with the extended 7 round magazine in place. It makes the grip more of a full size grip and makes it helluva lot more comfortable to shoot. Now, for a CC gun, the XDs is a great choice. All the things that make it a crappy range gun is what makes it a great CC gun. It's nice, small, and thin, and easy to conceal a variety of ways. From IWB, to ankle, to even pocket carry (if you have big enough pockets), you can carry it practically any way you want. The agressive grip allows you to get and keep a firm grip on the gun. I suppose the only drawback would be the low capacity, but extra mags are small and light as well, and can be easily carried in your pocket or even on your belt in a cell phone case.

I'd suggest going someplace that rents them and trying them both out, and getting the one that feels the best that's going to fit your needs the best. When you do, be sure to post pictures of it, because those of us around here love looking at pictures of everyone's toys and living vicariously through each other! LOL

Good Luck!

Great response! I'm loving all the advice I have been receiving. I have shot both of these guns (some time ago) but I forget exactly what they feel like. I really am planning on getting my CCW here within the next month or so and I plan on carrying ASAP.

My BG .380 is a "decent" gun. I have had some trouble with FTF's and the slide not locking all the way back on the last round. Also, I seem to always hit the mag release while I shoot the thing, which in a life and death situation, isn't good. This is why I am starting to lean towards the XDs...

My Glock 19, what can I say? I love the thing, but I need to work on my grip because I have been shooting the thing low and to the left. I do believe I could conceal this gun, but I don't want to "dress for the gun." I want my CCW gun to be universal with whatever I choose to wear. I'm not really into the baggy t-shirt type look. Even though I am somewhat of a big guy 5'11-205lbs (started P90X, hoping to be 185 by summer ) lol I just don't think the G19 is a definite CCW gun, for me at least.

I still have some time to decide on which gun I'd get, but I'm really liking the XDs the more and more I think about it. Either way, I will end up getting both guns sometime down the road lol
sinc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #38
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 56814
I'm 5'11" and 175(ish) and I wear loose jeans with (M) tshirts/polos and if printing is an important issue to you in certain scenarios, even the XD-S is large enough to print.

I just don't think there is a one size fits all scenarios gun. That's why I'm glad I have my LCP. For the times (40%) that I need to be sure no one notices me carrying (I.E. business/social events where firearms may not be warmly received) or that I can't carry a heavier firearm.

But I absolutely love My XD-S for the other 60% of the time.

Some people's lifestyles are such that they don't care and/or it doesn't matter if anyone knows/finds out they are carrying.

I just don't happen to live that lifestyle.

I have people in my life that I care about that don't necessarily care about the 2nd A and wouldn't be comfortable knowing they are in the company of firearms... That's their right, and I still care about them.

But I care about my right and my family's safety too.

- Gealousy
Gealousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #39
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gealousy View Post
I'm 5'11" and 175(ish) and I wear loose jeans with (M) tshirts/polos and if printing is an important issue to you in certain scenarios, even the XD-S is large enough to print.

I just don't think there is a one size fits all scenarios gun. That's why I'm glad I have my LCP. For the times (40%) that I need to be sure no one notices me carrying (I.E. business/social events where firearms may not be warmly received) or that I can't carry a heavier firearm.

But I absolutely love My XD-S for the other 60% of the time.

Some people's lifestyles are such that they don't care and/or it doesn't matter if anyone knows/finds out they are carrying.

I just don't happen to live that lifestyle.

I have people in my life that I care about that don't necessarily care about the 2nd A and wouldn't be comfortable knowing they are in the company of firearms... That's their right, and I still care about them.

But I care about my right and my family's safety too.

- Gealousy

Hear ya loud and clear there my friend. I'm heavily leaning towards the XDs for a CCW basis with the G19 as the secondary carry option... after the XDs I'll look to purchase the SP2022 and other 9mm options... I plan on sticking to 9mm and 45 ACP
sinc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #40
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 69307
For CC, I must say the XDS will fit the bill.
It will disappear on your waist line.
The thrill of .45s comming out of this smaller gun is .
You will be surprised on how managable the recoil is!!!!!!!!!!
I aslo can compare it to my Bodyguard .380: I know people "pocket" the XDS all day long, but it is to big for that IMHO. The Bodyguard is a great pocket carry, but I think compared to the XDS, you will agree it's a bit too much. I really enjoy the Bodyguard 380, but it aint no XDS

Grab an XDS, You will love the big boom, and bad guys will love the big holes!!!!!

IMHO

Quote:
As for being OT...thread drift is the rule around here. Embrace it.

Quote:
I was anti-glock for a long time. I have always been a contrarian and just didn't want to be one of THEM.
3shot is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

sig, sig sp2022, xds

Search tags for this page
sig 2022 vs springfield xdm
sig 2022 vs xd
sig sauer sp2022 vs springfield xd

sig sp2022

sig sp2022 concealed carry
sig sp2022 forum
sig sp2022 vs springfield xds
sig sp2022 vs xd9

sp2022

sp2022 forum
sp2022 vs xd
sp2022 vs xd9
springfield xd vs sig sp2022
which is the better gun xd 40 cal or sig pro 2022 40 cal
xd vs sp2022
xd9mm service model vs sig sauer 2022
Click on a term to search for related topics.