• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Help: New M&P 9 Spitting brass in face?

This is a discussion on Help: New M&P 9 Spitting brass in face? within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Are you sure it doesn't say "Glock" on the slide??...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » Help: New M&P 9 Spitting brass in face?

Old 10-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #11
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
Are you sure it doesn't say "Glock" on the slide??

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #12
Old Timer

Member #: 71939
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.E. Tx.XD View Post
Are you sure it doesn't say "Glock" on the slide??
I think he made like 1,500 posts on glocktalk because the same question is there about that many times
Minkman555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71652
Well, I put 5 snap caps in a mag, held the pistol level and racked it fast and hard. Every one spit about 7-10 feet to the right, like my XD and like I'd expect a S&W. When I racked it slow, it just kinda popped up. I'm wondering now if, in addition to grip, the ammo may not fire with enough force to throw the slide back fast enough. We're going to try a box of WallyWorld WWB next time out.

In the mean time, I told her to load the snaps and dry fire to practice her grip. We've only put a couple of mags through, so we're going to go to the range again before we call S&W.

BTW, the ammo we used was Federal AE 115gr. FMJ. I'm new to 9mm, so I'm learning bullet weights with her.
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 78082
115gr is a light load. Look for at least 124gr when you're shopping for ammo.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

NRA member.
Poneill.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #15
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 77836
Had a buddy just buy a new M&P9, pro series. He didn't have any problems with my FreedomMunitions 115gr Blaster or the WWB 115gr or Federal Range and Target 115gr. Everything ejected right and out... not sure what the OP problems is though. If it's fine when you do it, but bad when she does it, it has to be shooter related. It's the only thing you're changing in the equation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Quote:
Don't mess with the Desk®
taylorjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #16
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 29287
I have the M&P 9 full size and it has never done that, in fact it always shoots them out about 6 to 10 feet (depending on how “HOT” of a round I am using) to the right about the 4 o’clock position from where I stand.

Sounds like an extractor issue, did you call S&W customer service? They are REALLY helpful if you ever need to talk to them. In fact most times they will walk you through the issue and then if needed will have you send it back. I have to say I have NEVER heard of the M&P semi’s doing that.

Does the extractor have a slight burr on the inside?

Certified NRA Range Safety Officer
Certified NRA Reloading Brass/Shotshell
XD40OD is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

m&p, m&p 9, m&p9

Search tags for this page

brass to face m&p

m p shield brass to face

m&p 9

m&p 9 brass ejection
m&p 9 brass splt

m&p 9 ejector

m&p 9c break in

m&p 9mm brass to face

m&p 9mm ejection problems

m&p brass in face

m&p brass to face

s&w mp 9 ejecting problems

Click on a term to search for related topics.