XD Talk

  • Home
  • Forum
  • Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

New M&P 9, not all good to report...

This is a discussion on New M&P 9, not all good to report... within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Originally Posted by CavScout88 I bought a new M&P 9, full sized, no mag or manual safety, came with three 17rd mags, cost $350. I ...


Reply
Old 11-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #31
AVB
XDTalk 500 Member
 
Member #: 81717
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavScout88 View Post
I bought a new M&P 9, full sized, no mag or manual safety, came with three 17rd mags, cost $350.



I still love the gun, it shot well. I can even break in the slide stop. But that issue with the slide releasing itself is rather hard to forgive. Maybe even more than a magazine safety (disconnect).

Why would you want a magazine disconnect? Just wondering about your reasons for that, because I have never heard any one mention not having one as a negative.
AVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #32
XDTalk 3K Member

 
YoopermikeXDM's Avatar
 
Member #: 54620
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.P. of MI
Posts: 3,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVB View Post
Why would you want a magazine disconnect? Just wondering about your reasons for that, because I have never heard any one mention not having one as a negative.
I disengage all my mag disconnects. They serve NO reasonable purpose.
__________________
DISCLAIMER - watch out for crude sarcasm and frequent glock bashing!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Soil that is dirty grows the countless things. A river that is too pure contains no fish. Thus as a mature person you properly include and retain a measure of grime.
YoopermikeXDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #33
AVB
XDTalk 500 Member
 
Member #: 81717
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 531
I think I may have misunderstood. Did you mean having a magazine disconnect is hard to forgive? I thought you meant it was hard to forgive not having one.
AVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #34
XDTalk Member
 
CAB980002's Avatar
 
Member #: 2610
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: southern IL
Posts: 69
I think that is why it is named a slide stop and not a slide release. At least that is what was drilled into us at training. We were never to use it to release the slide. I have been carring an M&P on duty for a couple of years now and all of our dept guns slide will go forward when u insert a full mag the way we were trained. I have to say I thought my trigger was better than both my glocks and xd's I own, guess I got a good one.
__________________
\"RESISTANCE IS FUTILE\"
CAB980002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #35
XDTalk 100 Member
 
CavScout88's Avatar
 
Member #: 49793
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAB980002 View Post
I think that is why it is named a slide stop and not a slide release. At least that is what was drilled into us at training. We were never to use it to release the slide. I have been carring an M&P on duty for a couple of years now and all of our dept guns slide will go forward when u insert a full mag the way we were trained. I have to say I thought my trigger was better than both my glocks and xd's I own, guess I got a good one.
No matter who uses the M&P's has not managed to get the slide to auto-release reliably on a fresh magazine. It's not a plus, it's a big fat minus.

Had a trigger job done, it's x100 better than before. Slide stop still sticky for everyone but it's slowly breaking in.
CavScout88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #36
XDTalk 1K Member
 
TCS_XDM's Avatar
 
Member #: 72933
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavScout88 View Post
No matter who uses the M&P's has not managed to get the slide to auto-release reliably on a fresh magazine. It's not a plus, it's a big fat minus.

Had a trigger job done, it's x100 better than before. Slide stop still sticky for everyone but it's slowly breaking in.
Is it not consistently releasing with just a normal slap of the magazine or is it not consistently releasing with the 45 degree bump?
__________________
SIG 226 9mm Stock
XDM 5.25 everything you can add
Ruger SR556 w/EO Tech
1911 custom built was at some point Springfield
Henry 22LR Lever Action (favorite)
TCS_XDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

issues, m&p, pistol, review, slide


Search tags for this page
buy m&p 9 houston
,
how does the m&p9 fety worksa
,
how many magazines does a m&p come with
,
how many magazines does m&p9 come with
,
m & p forum
,
m&p 9 auto forward
,
m&p auto feed forward
,

m&p forum

,
m&p forum gallery
,

m&p forums

,
m&p polish
,
m&p9 california loaded chamber indicator
,
m&p9 close slide maga insert
,
polishing an m&p9
,
slide for m&p 9c
,
slide mods m&p9
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On