• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

New M&P 9, not all good to report...

This is a discussion on New M&P 9, not all good to report... within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Originally Posted by CavScout88 I bought a new M&P 9, full sized, no mag or manual safety, came with three 17rd mags, cost $350. I ...

Old 11-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #31
AVB
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81717
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavScout88 View Post
I bought a new M&P 9, full sized, no mag or manual safety, came with three 17rd mags, cost $350.

I still love the gun, it shot well. I can even break in the slide stop. But that issue with the slide releasing itself is rather hard to forgive. Maybe even more than a magazine safety (disconnect).

Why would you want a magazine disconnect? Just wondering about your reasons for that, because I have never heard any one mention not having one as a negative.
AVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #32
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 54620
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVB View Post
Why would you want a magazine disconnect? Just wondering about your reasons for that, because I have never heard any one mention not having one as a negative.
I disengage all my mag disconnects. They serve NO reasonable purpose.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Soil that is dirty grows the countless things. A river that is too pure contains no fish. Thus as a mature person you properly include and retain a measure of grime.
YoopermikeXDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #33
AVB
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81717
I think I may have misunderstood. Did you mean having a magazine disconnect is hard to forgive? I thought you meant it was hard to forgive not having one.
AVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #34
XDTalk Member

Member #: 2610
I think that is why it is named a slide stop and not a slide release. At least that is what was drilled into us at training. We were never to use it to release the slide. I have been carring an M&P on duty for a couple of years now and all of our dept guns slide will go forward when u insert a full mag the way we were trained. I have to say I thought my trigger was better than both my glocks and xd's I own, guess I got a good one.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #35
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49793
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAB980002 View Post
I think that is why it is named a slide stop and not a slide release. At least that is what was drilled into us at training. We were never to use it to release the slide. I have been carring an M&P on duty for a couple of years now and all of our dept guns slide will go forward when u insert a full mag the way we were trained. I have to say I thought my trigger was better than both my glocks and xd's I own, guess I got a good one.
No matter who uses the M&P's has not managed to get the slide to auto-release reliably on a fresh magazine. It's not a plus, it's a big fat minus.

Had a trigger job done, it's x100 better than before. Slide stop still sticky for everyone but it's slowly breaking in.
CavScout88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #36
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 72933
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavScout88 View Post
No matter who uses the M&P's has not managed to get the slide to auto-release reliably on a fresh magazine. It's not a plus, it's a big fat minus.

Had a trigger job done, it's x100 better than before. Slide stop still sticky for everyone but it's slowly breaking in.
Is it not consistently releasing with just a normal slap of the magazine or is it not consistently releasing with the 45 degree bump?
1911 custom built was at some point Springfield
Henry 22LR Lever Action (favorite)
TCS_XDM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

issues, m&p, pistol, review, slide

Search tags for this page
buy m&p 9 houston
how does the m&p9 fety worksa
how many magazines does a m&p come with
how many magazines does m&p9 come with
m & p forum
m&p 9 auto forward
m&p auto feed forward

m&p forum

m&p forum gallery

m&p forums

m&p polish
m&p9 california loaded chamber indicator
m&p9 close slide maga insert
polishing an m&p9
slide for m&p 9c
slide mods m&p9
Click on a term to search for related topics.