• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

xdm m&p or ruger sr40

This is a discussion on xdm m&p or ruger sr40 within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Another vote for the m&p! Either way, any of the said guns will perform great!...

Old 09-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 54620
Another vote for the m&p!
Either way, any of the said guns will perform great!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Soil that is dirty grows the countless things. A river that is too pure contains no fish. Thus as a mature person you properly include and retain a measure of grime.
YoopermikeXDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #22
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 79384
I'm going to depart from the pack here, and say since you are going for CCW the SR40c might be a good choice for you. The Ruger is thinner than your other choices, and I believe slightly lighter. I love my SR9c, its incredibly easy to conceal and very comfortable.

Also its a Ruger, so American made and about as reliable as can be.

A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns.
-Mario Puzo
Catah0ula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #23
g40
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 63227
I have both SR40C and the XDM 3.8 compact .40.
Size and concealment they are about the same. Length the Ruger is maybe 1/4" longer.Width the XDM is maybe 1/8" wider. Height the ruger because of the pinky extender is about 1/4" taller.
Trigger wise the XDM is better. The Ruger trigger has gritty feel and not as smooth of a break as the XDM. The XDM weighs 33 OZ.loaded and the Ruger weighs 28 OZ.loaded.
The mag release when loaded on the Ruger is hard to push compared to the easy XDM release when loaded.
The Ruger mag holds 9 and the XDM holds 11. The Ruger has an extended mag holding 12. The XDM full size extended mag holds at least 13 .
I do like that the Ruger has the ambi safety besides the trigger safety like the XDM. I feel the Ruger because of that extra safety is safer than the grip and trigger safety of the XDM. Many would not like the idea of having to flip the extra safety. To each his own preference. I have heard of a few cops that got Glocked, or shot, because of the same trigger safety the XDM uses.
For me the XDM sights are quicker to align than the Ruger sights are.
Both guns use have the loaded indicator as well as the cocked indicator.
The XDM has less felt recoil than the Ruger. I am more accurate with the Ruger but I have shot it a lot more so I expected that.
I paid $405 + tax at LGS for the Ruger. I got a good deal of around $550 total for the XDM on Gunsamerica. Local FFL they were running around $675 or more.
I have not had any malfunctions right out of the box on either of them. Both quality dependable guns.
The nice thing about the XDM compact 3.8 or the Ruger SR40C is both are like two guns in one. Both have extended mags which allow the full size grip feel as well as the compact grip for concealment.
I have heard finding an M&P Shield is about impossible, but maybe that isn't the case now. The M&P Shield is more equivalent to the XDS 45.
I have a M&P 40 airsoft which is supposed to be same size as real one. To me it is about size of a full size Ruger SR series than the SR c compact. Might be bad for real example though.
Attached Thumbnails
xdm m&p or ruger sr40-xdm-ruger-002.jpg  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

m&p.40, opinions, ruger sr40, which one, xdm

Search tags for this page
m&p or ruger sr40
ruger sr 40 vs springfield xdm 40

ruger sr 40 vs xdm 40

ruger sr40 vs m&p 40
ruger sr40 vs smith and wesson m&p 40
ruger sr40 vs springfeild xd 40
ruger sr40 vs springfield xdm 40
ruger sr40c vs xdm 3.8 40 cal
s&w m&p40 vs ruger sr40

springfield xdm vs ruger sr40

sr 40 vs xdm 40

sr40 vs m&p 40

steyr .40 or smith and wesson m&p .40
xdm 40 vs mp 40 vs ruger sr 40

xdm 40 vs sr40

xdm vs sr40

Click on a term to search for related topics.