• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

380 ACP vs 9mm

This is a discussion on 380 ACP vs 9mm within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Originally Posted by NoisyCricket Not to beat a dead horse with this .380 thing but has anyone had much experience with the walther pk380? looks ...

Old 04-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #31
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 52430
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyCricket View Post
Not to beat a dead horse with this .380 thing but has anyone had much experience with the walther pk380? looks like it would be decent as far as having a little more grip comfort dispersing the recoil? any thoughts?
It is the lightest recoiling gun I have ever shot. If your wife is really recoil sensitive than this may be a perfect fit. Also the gun has basically been designed for woman so manipulating the firearm is extremely easy. The sights kinda suck IMO and the trigger is nothing special. Disassembly can be a little tricky, or maybe better said that its not as straight forward as most modern pistols on todays market.
"let us not seek the Republican answer or the democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

".45GAP = .45 Gay Automatic Pistol."
- Ocean82
Mr. YACYAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #32
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. YACYAS View Post
It is the lightest recoiling gun I have ever shot. If your wife is really recoil sensitive than this may be a perfect fit. Also the gun has basically been designed for woman so manipulating the firearm is extremely easy. The sights kinda suck IMO and the trigger is nothing special. Disassembly can be a little tricky, or maybe better said that its not as straight forward as most modern pistols on todays market.
Hmmm, sounds kind of like people I know. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pitandxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #33
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71542
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacob View Post
why would you carry a full size .380, and not a 9mm? the only reason I would ever sacrifice carrying something bigger than a .380, is if I absolutely could ouly fit a tiny little .380.

Because we're looking for something with less recoil than a steel framed 9mm maybe not as the overall in the end carry gun but at least something to help her enjoy shooting more until she becomes less intimidated with shooting in general
NoisyCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #34
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 54620
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyCricket View Post
Because we're looking for something with less recoil than a steel framed 9mm maybe not as the overall in the end carry gun but at least something to help her enjoy shooting more until she becomes less intimidated with shooting in general
If your looking to practice with for your wife. I like my sig 228 (now the 229)
and m&p 9. Both are full size yes but there easy to shoot and my wife loves em.
Or I had a browning bda 380. (beretta cougar)It had 13 rnd mag and was a ***** cat as far as recoil goes! It had a great grip and could also be used for cc if need be (I did for a few months). They look like a beretta 92 but about 3/4 size.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Soil that is dirty grows the countless things. A river that is too pure contains no fish. Thus as a mature person you properly include and retain a measure of grime.
YoopermikeXDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #35
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 66571
if you're looking for low recoil to enjoy shooting, then a .22 may be best, and cheaper. But my thoughts are, guns will recoil, you just have to get used to it, can't be scared of it. Mightr as well get used to it on something you already own. Now if the recoil is hurting her wrists or something, I'd suggest seeing a doctor, because a human's wrists should be able to handle the snap of recoil, unless she's just using such a terrible grip that it causes the gun to snap back far more than it should.
cjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #36
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 50804
I agree on the Sig238, very smooth shooting.
PoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:00 AM   #37
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 70845
Funny how so many men think women cant handle recoil and how so many women are afraid or recoil at first My wife started with a 22lr because she was afraid of recoil got use to it then slowly started shooting my 9mm now i cant pry the 9mm out of her hands and she also shoots the 38 / 357 a lot but will admit 357 rounds are a bit much for her. So a 380 cost way more for ammo than a 9mm so most people wont shoot at as much a bad thing IMO go with a 9mm she will end up loving it.

Last edited by Legen; 04-26-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Legen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #38
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 71939
I can shoot my lcr .357 with Speer GD short barrel .357 loads 100x better then my old LCP.

Shooting the LCP was scary. I'm a .45 guy and every LCP round I fired -- I was scared the gun was going to go airborne.

I'll take 5 for sure .357's over 7 maybe , and painful .380's.

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen. using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #39
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71542
stumbled across something last night that I found interesting. Does anyone know if you can safely shoot .38 colt short in a .38 special revolver? looked like it might be the perfect solution.. if not I found some magtech .38 SPL 125gr Lead Round Nose Bullets that are like 636fps (that may be incorrect could be 686fps) those might be the solution in themselves. right now she's shooting a 130gr fmj at about 1050fps
NoisyCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #40
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
Try a Glock 26; I've always found them very light recoiling.
My constant companion.

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

.380acp, 9mm, carry pistols, kelseyy, low recoil

Search tags for this page

.380 acp vs 9mm

.380 vs 9mm

380 acp

380 acp vs 9mm

380 acp vs 9mm recoil

380 vs 9mm

380 vs 9mm recoil
380acp vs 9mm
9mm vs .380 costs
9mm vs 380 acp
9mm vs 380 ammo price
9mm vs 380 recoil
compare the xd-9mm to a 380
cost difference between sig .380 and sig 9mm
is the recoil of a .380 much less than a 9mm
what is smaller than a 9mm
Click on a term to search for related topics.