• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

380 ACP vs 9mm

This is a discussion on 380 ACP vs 9mm within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; revolvers hurt my hand, in that the trigger guard beats into my top grip finger, you won't have that issue in an auto, period. I ...

Old 04-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #11
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 66571
revolvers hurt my hand, in that the trigger guard beats into my top grip finger, you won't have that issue in an auto, period. I can't imagine the recoil hurting any other way. A girl doesn't need an itty bitty gun, most women carry purses right? I would stick to a 9mm, and find something manageable.

I personally love my walther P99c, very light and compact, very little recoil. XD9 subcompact, 9mm 3inch 1911, pps, lc9
cjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71542
She usually prefers the idea of carrying on body since a purse is often the target of an attack. she would like to be able to just forget about the purse and run without giving up her firearm.
NoisyCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 37661
My wife HAD the LCR 357 and handled it pretty well with non plus p .38 ammo. She's very petite, too. I traded it straight up for a CZ 75 Compact though. She has the MP9c now. I also had a P238 and it shot softer than the LCR. Very nice gun. The LCP will be at least as snappy as the LCR, probably worse. Check out the MP9c...great little gun.

CHOOSE to be a sheepdog.

CZ 2075 Rami 9mm alloy
CZ PCR D
S&W Shield (2)
Keltec P3AT & P32
Spikes/PSA AR-15
Marlin 10/22

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Chain Yanker Extraordinaire
jreXD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Not to beat a dead horse with this .380 thing but has anyone had much experience with the walther pk380? looks like it would be decent as far as having a little more grip comfort dispersing the recoil? any thoughts?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreXD9 View Post
My wife HAD the LCR 357 and handled it pretty well with non plus p .38 ammo. She's very petite, too. I traded it straight up for a CZ 75 Compact though. She has the MP9c now. I also had a P238 and it shot softer than the LCR. Very nice gun. The LCP will be at least as snappy as the LCR, probably worse. Check out the MP9c...great little gun.

Thanks we will definately look at those again to see how she feels about them.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #16
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 54620
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyCricket View Post
Not to beat a dead horse with this .380 thing but has anyone had much experience with the walther pk380? looks like it would be decent as far as having a little more grip comfort dispersing the recoil? any thoughts?
It was fairly nice, I never owned one per say but my buddy owns a gun shop and I am in there fondling the pk380 all the time! Im always scared off from the price of ammo. I wish it were a 9mm!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Soil that is dirty grows the countless things. A river that is too pure contains no fish. Thus as a mature person you properly include and retain a measure of grime.
YoopermikeXDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #17
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 69307
What she shoots best is what she should use/carry. My wife loves the BG 380 auto. And she's very accurate with it! She is a small gal and has no problem with the recoil. I personally think the 380 recoil is over hyped. She has small hands and can get a perfect thumbs forward grip eliminating most of the flip. It's small, but it's what she is comfortable and good with, and that's most important to me. She looks forward to shooting it. No good to close eyes, and flinch from higher caliber recoil. Better to carry light than not at all. We are working on stepping up the caliber s-l-o-w-l-y. But, .380 is good for now. Again, it's what she is comfortable with, as she reminds me all the time. She could be terrified like alot of women, but the 380 makes it fun. And when she's happy, life's alot better (sarcasm)

IMHO

Quote:
As for being OT...thread drift is the rule around here. Embrace it.

Quote:
I was anti-glock for a long time. I have always been a contrarian and just didn't want to be one of THEM.
3shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 61522
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyCricket View Post
She usually prefers the idea of carrying on body since a purse is often the target of an attack. she would like to be able to just forget about the purse and run without giving up her firearm.
She's a smart woman.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #19
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 39443
Since your wife loves the LCR I'd suggest the following:
Get a heavy 357 such as a Ruger GP100 or a Smith 686, either in a 4 inch barrel. Do most of the range time with the heavier gun, and put in a smaller (but still put in range time) with the LCR. Carry the LCR and keep the heavier Revolver next to the nightstand. She keeps with the same style (Revolver) and griping/malfunction drills will be similar rather than shifting between pistol/revolver.

In the end, let her figure out what she wants.
Old4Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #20
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 18902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
Wife doesn't like practicing with her LCR for the same reason. Wished I could have talked her into the 357 version, the extra weight might have helped.
Not too likely the weight difference would have negated the .357's recoil, IMO. The .38 SPL LCR weighs 13.5 ounces while the .357 LCR weighs 17.1 ounces. Don't beat yourself up over it.

arizona98tj is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

.380acp, 9mm, carry pistols, kelseyy, low recoil

Search tags for this page

.380 acp vs 9mm

.380 vs 9mm

380 acp

380 acp vs 9mm

380 acp vs 9mm recoil

380 vs 9mm

380 vs 9mm recoil
380acp vs 9mm
9mm vs .380 costs
9mm vs 380 acp
9mm vs 380 ammo price
9mm vs 380 recoil
does 380 have less recoil than 9mm
felt recoil 9 mm vs .38
is the recoil of a .380 much less than a 9mm
ruger lcp 9mm vs 380 kick
Click on a term to search for related topics.