• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Cz 75b vs xd9 tactical and short fingers

This is a discussion on Cz 75b vs xd9 tactical and short fingers within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Well I've done hours and hours of research and comparing, here is what I wanna know if from you guys with all the hands on ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » Cz 75b vs xd9 tactical and short fingers

Old 01-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 68589
Cz 75b vs xd9 tactical and short fingers

Well I've done hours and hours of research and comparing, here is what I wanna know if from you guys with all the hands on stuff, I have medium to largeish palms with my cursed short fingers from the webbing on my thumb to the tip of my trigger finger is 4 1/4-4 1/2 in and I've read that the cz has a very far reach and LOP and I want a gun that I can shoot with out compermizing proper grip, and my problem I can't anyplace close to handle the cz without buying it site unseen I would also have to order the xd9 tactical but at least the shops carry the xd9, so would it be worth getting the cz and alway having to reach the trigger or go with xd with less LOP?
Shadowthatwalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
A picture with a ruler measuring your hand would be helpful. The triggers on my CZ-75SP-01 and XD-45Tactical are in about the same spot with my hands.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
MA2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 22009
I have the single action version, not sure if the flatter trigger is shorter than the DA/SA curved trigger.

Hope this helps, can't find caliper, so you get the good reliable ruler (top is a sub-compact):

MA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 998
replace the grips with a set of the thin aluminum grips from www.czcustom.com. I have very small hands and my CZ Shadow fits fine.

before:

After:
nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

i guess i could maybe get the cz 75b sa and install thinner grips, well here is pics of my little sausage fingers not sure if it will help any but it cant hurt be kind with the hand jokes, and please feel free to ask for a different position to measure in it will help me greatly
Attached Thumbnails
Cz 75b vs xd9 tactical and short fingers-photo-1-.jpg   Cz 75b vs xd9 tactical and short fingers-photo-2-.jpg   Cz 75b vs xd9 tactical and short fingers-photo-3-.jpg   Cz 75b vs xd9 tactical and short fingers-photo.jpg  
Old 01-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

i keep hearing that the cz sp01 is kinder to people who have verticly challenged finger any truth and how much would it help?
Old 01-25-2012, 01:57 AM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 36486
Also consider that you will rarely use the double action so the trigger sits a little farther back in SA mode.

I'm all for Ron Paul

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin
misfit-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 47428
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit-x View Post
Also consider that you will rarely use the double action so the trigger sits a little farther back in SA mode.
Depends on the particular model. The decocker versions aren't designed to be carried with the hammer back. I actually prefer the DA pull versus the cocked/locked carry.
cz75luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #9
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 47428
Your fingers look about the length of mine. Mine are a little thinner, though.

The LOP with CZs kind-of depends on the model. The P-01 and PCR have shorter LOPs.

My pointer finger from web of thumb to tip of pointer is about 4 3/4". From web between middle and pointer, my pointer measures 2 3/4". I don't have trouble reaching the trigger and actually compete in matches with my 75BD. All my CZs have the standard, rubber grips (no thin grips).

It really depends on what you're used to. It's not up close like an XD or Glock trigger, but definitely doable. I've never found the trigger reach a problem and quite the contrary, I'm most accurate with my CZs, easily more accurate than with an XD or Glock. As mentioned, I compete with a 75BD which would be considered a long trigger reach, but it's never been a problem and I do quite well. YMMV

If you still want to go the CZ route, I'd recommend trying the P-01.
cz75luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 49866
My fingers are longer than yours, but I still measure about the same distance as you. Your palm is obviously larger than mine. I shoot my 75B very well and it's the most comfortable grip of any gun I've shot. I did add the cocobolo grips from the CZ custom shop. They are slightly thinner than the stock black plastic ones.

The reach is definitely longer than an XD but it doesn't throw me off.

I'll add some pics here in a bit.

Here's a target from last month at 7 yards. 16 shots were fired. It's accurate!

XDfense is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

cz 75b, finger, trigger, xd9 tactical

Search tags for this page

cz 75

cz 75 compact trigger short fingers
cz 75 small hands

cz 75 vs

cz 75b or xd9

cz 75b small hands

cz 75b vs

cz 75sp-01

cz75 bd palm

cz75 small hands
cz75b
cz75b black rubber grips vs cocobolo grips

short fingers

which cz-75 is better for small hands
xd9 tactical review
xd9 vs cz75b
Click on a term to search for related topics.