• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Ruger 22/45 Mark III 5.5"...add me to the list...

This is a discussion on Ruger 22/45 Mark III 5.5"...add me to the list... within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; If it is an issue with the magazines not seating into the magwell deep enough to reliably engage the magazine catch, then there was a ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » Ruger 22/45 Mark III 5.5"...add me to the list...

Old 11-21-2011, 03:28 AM   #11
XDTalk Member

Member #: 62984
If it is an issue with the magazines not seating into the magwell deep enough to reliably engage the magazine catch, then there was a thread off a different forum where I read you can remove a little materail from the bottom of the frame where the rear of the magazine baseplate hits against, to allow the magazine to push a little further into the magwell. Someone mentioned you could also just remove the material from the matching spot on the magazine baseplate, so as not to change the frame (more expensive part). If you modify your magazine baseplates, other mags may still not work reliably.......modify the frame and all magazines should work. I will try to find the link and post back here.......

Ok found it: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=501978
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #12
XDTalk Member

Member #: 62919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
If it is an issue with the magazines not seating into the magwell deep enough to reliably engage the magazine catch, then there was a thread off a different forum where I read you can remove a little materail from the bottom of the frame where the rear of the magazine baseplate hits against, to allow the magazine to push a little further into the magwell. Someone mentioned you could also just remove the material from the matching spot on the magazine baseplate, so as not to change the frame (more expensive part). If you modify your magazine baseplates, other mags may still not work reliably.......modify the frame and all magazines should work. I will try to find the link and post back here.......

Ok found it: Ruger 22/45 Owners - Calguns.net
Thank you for linking to that thread...that's the exact issue. I ended up getting everything back together and just needed to use a lot more force than I expected on the mags to get them to fully seat. I was at the range with it for the first time yesterday and it worked perfectly once I got used to the nuances of the mags. They seemed to work a bit better with rounds in them as well.

Thanks again!
gecko0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:41 AM   #13
XDTalk Member

Member #: 62984
If you do the mod mentioned in that thread, the mags would seat more positively with less effort. Sounds like a worthy modification for the added reliability. Small fine file would do the trick.
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 65226
Just a final suggestion. I have a MK I and a MK II both strip the same. I actually got the MK II from somebody who could not strip it to clean it ( luck for me ) I ordered owners manual and followed it to the letter. There is a tricky part, but manual shows how to do it

Final note : if the mag went in ok and seated initially ---before I filed or altered this in anyway I would ship it back to Ruger or find somebody local to you that can take it apart a re assemble it.
Good luck and patience .

It all started for me with a daisy Red Ryder BB gun - not kidding a bit

2012 Ron Paul lets have some real change ...

Take somebody shooting -I like to infect other people with my disease
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

22/45, ruger

Search tags for this page
22/45 accessories
22/45 magazine not seating
field strip ruger 22/45
magazine hard to seat on ruger mark iii 22/45
ruger 22 45 extended slide release
ruger 22/45 magazine
ruger 22/45 magazine catch
ruger 22/45 magazine hard to seat

ruger 22/45 magazine not seating

ruger 22/45 magazine problem

ruger 22/45 magazine problems

ruger 22/45 mags will not lock
ruger 22/45 manual
ruger 22/45 vs mark iii
ruger mark iii 22/45 magazine catch
ruger mkiii 22/45 mag seating
Click on a term to search for related topics.