• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

The Nano Project

This is a discussion on The Nano Project within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Originally Posted by Whitebrad25 I have a Walther PPS in 9mm and I LOVE that gun...either way you can't go wrong. EDIT: FYI regarding the ...

Old 11-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #41
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 57477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebrad25 View Post
I have a Walther PPS in 9mm and I LOVE that gun...either way you can't go wrong.

EDIT: FYI regarding the comparisons below, nice pics. I carry IWB so the little bit of extra size works for me. I would be interested in those smaller guns for pocket carry though
I too have the PPS and I think it's a remarkable, accurate little pistol. Obviously a little bigger than PM9, LC9, and the new Nano but I carry it everywhere all day without a single problem. I would like to hold that Nano though. Looks just like a Glock to me.
Chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #42
XDTalk Member

Member #: 65266
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG Asian View Post
Size comparison: Beretta Nano, Ruger LC9, and Walther PPS.

The slide and grip on the Nano in those pics looks thicker than the PPS or LC9 with a shorter sight radius. In this category, trade-offs between concealment, weight, and shootibility is king (otherwise everyone would just go with a .380 or pocket .22). Unless the Nano provides appreciably more capacity, IMO Beretta might have missed on this one.
TARFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #43
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 22296
Quote:
Originally Posted by TARFU View Post
The slide and grip on the Nano in those pics looks thicker than the PPS or LC9 with a shorter sight radius. In this category, trade-offs between concealment, weight, and shootibility is king (otherwise everyone would just go with a .380 or pocket .22). Unless the Nano provides appreciably more capacity, IMO Beretta might have missed on this one.
All 3 list a width of .9", but the other two have controls that stick out past 1"

The sight radius of the beretta is between the others
Nano: 4.92"
PPS: 5.4"
LC9-can't find it, but in the 3d pic it's in the center and the nano is on the right, showing the longer sight radius.

Federal weapon statutes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #44
Old Timer

Member #: 6414
Does not appear to be pocketable. Over on the beretta forum someone has a pic up of it compared to an XD-SC. It appears to be pretty close to the same size (width differs, of course)
chupacabrachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #45
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 65001
Quote:
Originally Posted by TARFU View Post
Unless the Nano provides appreciably more capacity, IMO Beretta might have missed on this one.
From what little I read on the Nano, in 9mm it will have 6+1. In 9mm the capacity is equal to the PPS with a flush magazine; the PPS pictured above will hold 7+1 (9mm) or 6+1 (.40).

The PPS, like the other guns listed and I am sure the Nano will as well, has a magazine with 8+1 (9mm) or 7+1 (.40) capacity.
Whitebrad25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:48 PM   #46
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 3267
Bought one from Gander Mountain this evening, range time in the morning!
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #47
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper View Post
Bought one from Gander Mountain this evening, range time in the morning!
Was at my local Cabela's yesterday, they have 11 in transport. Looks as if YOU, will be bringing us our first range report.

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:57 PM   #48
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 3267
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.E. Tx.XD View Post
Was at my local Cabela's yesterday, they have 11 in transport. Looks as if YOU, will be bringing us our first range report.
Took the new Nano to the range this morning and put 260 rounds down range. 42 Rem PMC, 58 Win White Box, 140 reloads, and 20 rounds of various personal defense ammo. Only two problems, round # 9 failure to feed due to my failure to seat the mag and a failure to fully extract on round 53 with WWB. No known cause for that, could have been limp wristing on my part or a light load. No problems with any other rounds and it is definitely a keeper. Note, all bullet weights, less the personal defense ammo, were 115 grain. When placed on top of my PM9, they are about equal in size.
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #49
XDTalk Member

Member #: 54109
How is the trigger?

I should add, I am so used to my XDm the DOA pocket guns are a PITA for me, so I have been pretty excited that this Nano is striker fired
SteakNEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #50
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30889
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakNEggs View Post
How is the trigger?

I should add, I am so used to my XDm the DOA pocket guns are a PITA for me, so I have been pretty excited that this Nano is striker fired
I just got back from checking one out at Gander today. Didn't buy, because it's not in the budget right now, but I did dry fire it a couple of times. It's a longer pull than my 92fs, sr9c and the XDM that I had because it's a true double action only but it was smooth and I'd say around 6-7 pounds. I also checked out a Kahr CM9 and it was very similar to the pull on it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

beretta, ccw, nano

Search tags for this page
baretta nano

beretta nano

beretta nano ammo
beretta nano fte

beretta nano fte fix

beretta nano guide rod
beretta nano size
beretta nano torture
berretta nano
custom beretta nano
customized beretta nano
walther pps
Click on a term to search for related topics.