• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Glock 29

This is a discussion on Glock 29 within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; All right think I get the general idea of what your saying, thanks. With that said though, is a 10mm nessacery? Is it doing anything ...

Old 10-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #11
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 48402
All right think I get the general idea of what your saying, thanks. With that said though, is a 10mm nessacery? Is it doing anything a . 45 can't do?
dw32005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #12
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 10643
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw32005 View Post
All right think I get the general idea of what your saying, thanks. With that said though, is a 10mm nessacery? Is it doing anything a . 45 can't do?
With a G20, I get two more round than with a G21. 10mm shoots flatter; probably better for hunting. Doubt any better for personal s.d.

Here's a sub-6", 3-shot group that I shot @ 100 yds, off the bench, with my G29, shooting some of my reloads, certainly good enough for s.d. @ 100 yds. .

Old 10-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #13
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 48402
Those are some pretty good groups, nice shooting.
dw32005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #14
XDTalk 35K Member

Member #: 15886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercmar View Post
With a G20, I get two more round than with a G21. 10mm shoots flatter; probably better for hunting. Doubt any better for personal s.d.

Here's a sub-6", 3-shot group that I shot @ 100 yds, off the bench, with my G29, shooting some of my reloads, certainly good enough for s.d. @ 100 yds. .

That equals a 1.5 inch group at 25 yards ... And people say you need a gun that has the word "Competition" in it to be accurate enough for competition.

LOL ... Nice shooting, Merc !!
AZXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:15 AM   #15
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 10643
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZXD View Post
That equals a 1.5 inch group at 25 yards ... And people say you need a gun that has the word "Competition" in it to be accurate enough for competition.

LOL ... Nice shooting, Merc !!
I don't know what the multiplier is nor how to figure it, but I can attest that, as you approach 100 yds shooting targets with a handgun, every heartbeat is exaggerated and makes good groups harder to attain than at 25.

I was, frankly, surprised that I put three within six inches with a G29 @ 100 yds. Wasn't REALLY practicing for s.d.; just tried a few @ 100 yds out of curiosity about my/the G29's ability to shoot @ that distance.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #16
XDTalk Member

Member #: 53206
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCast828 View Post
I can only comment on the G20sf (short frame) but it is a beast. I like the SF glocks because the grip feels better to ME. BB is going to be your best bet for full house loads. My buddy traded his 29 for the 20sf and likes it a lot better. I've always said if I was gonna buy a subcompact and put extensions on all the mags, why wouldn't I just buy a compact.
SF = slim frame
Stol3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #17
XDTalk 35K Member

Member #: 15886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercmar View Post
I don't know what the multiplier is nor how to figure it, but I can attest that, as you approach 100 yds shooting targets with a handgun, every heartbeat is exaggerated and makes good groups harder to attain than at 25.

I was, frankly, surprised that I put three within six inches with a G29 @ 100 yds. Wasn't REALLY practicing for s.d.; just tried a few @ 100 yds out of curiosity about my/the G29's ability to shoot @ that distance.
I probably should have put the "LOL" on a different line ... Trust me, I'm complementing your shooting.

And I agree, as distance increases, everything gets exaggerated.

Also,
Your target helps prove a point I've been trying to make, as I analyze a few guns - XD9 Tactical versus XDm 5.25 range reports from the bench

Once again,
Great shooting !!!
AZXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:18 AM   #18
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stol3n View Post
SF = slim frame
No, it's Short Frame...the distance from the back of the grip to the trigger was shortened. The width is the same.

The only Slim Frame Glock is the G36.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #19
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 63831
My G-29 is very accurate when I'm up to it. I shoot mine mostly with a KKM .40 conversion barrel and get 3" groups at 25 yards with my plated bullet handloads in .40 brass. The stock 10mm barrel doesn't like plated bullets, it does better with Hornady 180 grain HAP's.

The Pearce pinky extension magazine floor plates are an essential accessory. Gives a full three finger grip without making the gun any bigger.

Silvertips are my choice for factory SD ammo, but I'm working on a handload with 180 XTP's.
FF1063 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

10mm, glock, glock 29

Search tags for this page
add more rounds to glock 29
best sd ammo for glock 29?
glock 29
glock 29 ammo
glock 29 ammo choice
glock 29 carry ammo

glock 29 chrono

glock 29 for sd?

glock 29 forum

glock 29 forums

glock 29 good carry gun
glock 29 reload
glock 29 thread
is the glock 29 a good carry weapon
is the glock 29 a good handgun?
is the glock 29 a good pistol
Click on a term to search for related topics.