• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

ID Cards, NJ Wait time...

This is a discussion on ID Cards, NJ Wait time... within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I was wondering if there are any NJ residents who recently got their NJ Firearm Purchaser ID cards and/or Permit to Purchase Handgun permit. How ...

Old 05-27-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 10201
ID Cards, NJ Wait time...

I was wondering if there are any NJ residents who recently got their NJ Firearm Purchaser ID cards and/or Permit to Purchase Handgun permit.

How long did yours take? I just submitted yesterday. Local PD says 8-10 weeks.

Thanks and regards,

Jimmie D
JimmieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-28-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 10737
Welcome to the long wait, well mabey depending on your town.

My fid took 14 months back in 96.

Permits to purchase to 6 months, dropped paperwork of in oct05 recieved permits mar06.
yodelingmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:35 PM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6890
Both of you need to move.......to Texas.
nightraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:35 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Was afraid of that...

Last ID card was 02 and was about 6-8weeks.

This time (06) I wanted to get a Permit to Purchase (XD Tac) and was told my card was old. I thought the card was a one-time thing. Had to resubmit for the card and the PtP.

Thanks...

Jim
Middlesex County
Old 05-28-2006, 09:33 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 10737
Never heard of a fid being old, I think changing addresses is the only time you need a new fid. Like I said in my above post I got my fid in 96.

But then again it's nj, my town said the reason it took so long for my pistol permits was the state police backround check. Funny thing, the one day I was down there checking on things, the nice lady showed me the reports dated 2 weeks after I applied.

Oh I would love to move to texas but it's to darn hot, I'll go to penn if I move.

Oh yea what kinda xd tac? I got a xd45 service, just waiting for the xd45 tac bi-tone. My friend got a xd45 tac all black last week, I almost love it more then mine.

Alan
Monmouth County
yodelingmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:43 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

XD Tac 9mm

I think the locals are playing it safe lately. I've got nothing to hide so I'm not gunna rock the boat. I'm only out $65.

I'm looking to buy an XD Tactical 9mm. I have no real use for anything bigger. I rented a Glock17 out at FrontSight. My buddy had his XD Tac 9 out there and I liked it alot.

Planning just to use it out at Range14 @ Dix. May be some IDPA or IPSC.

I'll be moving across the river to PA soon. I hope I just don't do it before my permits are ready.

Jim
Old 05-28-2006, 11:53 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 9890
Not to be rude, but if you live in a state where a permit is required just to purchase a handgun, you really should move, especially if it costs money and takes two months. That's a state doing everything it can to discourage you from something legal. You would **** if you moved out west, it's SO much more gun friendly.

Nothing personal, I used to live on the east coast and know exactly what it's like.
Tard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:47 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Personal Choices mainly...

No offense taken. I ask myself that question every once in a while.

Why don't I move? A couple of reasons. I have a good job, all of my family is here and to tell you the truth, I do not have a problem with the wait. As long as the wait is not excessive. I was just curious to see what others were experiencing. I'm a law-abiding citizen; when in Rome...

This state has some towns that are urban in nature and I am sure there are an elevated number of illegal guns in those towns as opposed to legally obtained guns. Just the other day I saw that our local PD has started a youth gang awareness program. I couldn't believe it. The town I live in was once all farmland and has slowly progressed to suburbia. Gang activity in Trenton has picked up, so I can understand why the surrounding LE communities might be are cautious.

So, where's a good place to move in Texas, besides Lackland? Austin? San Antonio?

Jim

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
average wait time for fid change of address in nj
how long does it take to get a firearms id card in nj
how long does it take to get a firearms id in nj
how long does it take to get a new jersey firearms purchaser identification card?
how long does it take to get firearms id in nj
how long does it take to get your firearms id in linden nj
how long does it usually take to get a permit to purchase a handgun in nj
how long dose it take to get your gun id card in nj
how long should it take to get a firearms purchaser identification card in new jersey
how long to get a nj firearms id card
how long to get nj firearms id card
is there a anyway to get a gun purchesers card in nj quick
nj application for firearms purchase

nj firearms id card how long

nj wait time for ffl
what is average wait to get a firearm id card in nj ?
Click on a term to search for related topics.