• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

.22LR Plinker

This is a discussion on .22LR Plinker within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I am looking at getting a .22LR to shoot down in the country, so I can shoot lots of ammo with out having to worry ...

Old 09-22-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 63233
.22LR Plinker

I am looking at getting a .22LR to shoot down in the country, so I can shoot lots of ammo with out having to worry about the cost of it.

I will eventually put a tactical solutions barrel, rail, sights, and compensator on it. And potentially get a suppressor (my buddy has the SWR Spectre and it is amazing!)

These items are available for two guns, the Ruger Mark series and the Browning Buckmark series. I guess technically its more like 7 guns... Mk I, Mk II, Mk III, Mk II 22/45, Mk III 22/45, and the Buckmarks with or without the URX grip frame.

Anyways, I was quoted a price of 310$ on a TALO special edition (I really like the grips it has) as seen HERE at a local store. I figure thats a pretty good price because the cheapest I could find online was 290+shipping+FFL fee.

I think I am going to go with the 22/45 because of its polymer frame + the tac sol barrel, the gun will be insanely lightweight.

What are the thoughts?
Hegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-22-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 53827
I'm more of a rifle guy when it comes to the .22lr....

Old 09-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton1621 View Post
I'm more of a rifle guy when it comes to the .22lr....
Those are nice! We have the same AR 15-22 except it was one of the first ones out so it does not have a threaded barrel or "flash hider" unfortunately because I would love to try out my buddy's suppressor on a full length rifle... might even hear the sonic crack then!

I also have a (very shiny) weatherby .22 rifle that I hardly ever shoot and a daisy .22 bolt action that sits in its original box in the safe that I may have shot a couple of times when I was younger. My dad also owns has a Ruger 10/22 with stainless barrel and a semi-auto version of the daisy .22.

So as you can see I am just in the market for a pistol at this time
Old 09-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 28471
I'm not much of a fan of Rugers (Buckmark guy) but if you're set on the 22/45 why not this model? Threaded barrel and rails; would definitely save the extra $$ on the TacSol threaded barrel later on. Just something else to think about.

Ruger® 22/45™ Threaded Barrel Rimfire Pistol Models

XDm .45 5.25 Competition
XD9sc w/ TFO's
XDM 40 DP fiber optics, PRP trigger
STI Spartan 9mm
2-STI Spartan .45;s
S&W M&P 9 Pro
Kahr CW9
2-Browning Buckmarks
S&W 686
ETexPops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 46422
I know it's a completely different direction and won't be nearly as tacticool, but the Marlin 795 is really hard to beat when it comes to .22 semi-autos. They're inexpensive, fairly accurate and have some aftermarket support if you want to make a few mods.
Mudinyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 59970
S&W just came out with an M&P .22. That's a polymer pistol. It also has a threaded barrel.

M&P22  - .22LR - Smith & Wesson
vr6veedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #7
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETexPops View Post
I'm not much of a fan of Rugers (Buckmark guy) but if you're set on the 22/45 why not this model? Threaded barrel and rails; would definitely save the extra $$ on the TacSol threaded barrel later on. Just something else to think about.

Ruger® 22/45™ Threaded Barrel Rimfire Pistol Models
I had seen that one, but there are a couple of reasons why I thought that wouldn't be as good (for my situation in my opinion):

The first and main reason being that that model ONLY has a rail on the top. There are no iron sights on the pistol. With the TacSol you can get integral sights built on the rail.
The second being that the upper on this model is steel and therefore much heavier than the TacSol solution.

Although it may be cheaper in the long haul I can make the mod when the money becomes available.

Also, since you are a Buckmark guy, have any good info on them? What strayed me to the ruger over the Buckmark was the need to remove screws and/or rails(+aftermarket sights) to take down the Buckmark. Also heard that they jam more than the Ruger when they start to get dirty, which will definitely be the case if i end up with a suppressor. (This may be untrue, but its what I hear)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudinyeri View Post
I know it's a completely different direction and won't be nearly as tacticool, but the Marlin 795 is really hard to beat when it comes to .22 semi-autos. They're inexpensive, fairly accurate and have some aftermarket support if you want to make a few mods.
Those are nice, but I am looking for a pistol at this time. Thanks for the feedback though!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6veedub View Post
S&W just came out with an M&P .22. That's a polymer pistol. It also has a threaded barrel.

M&P22  - .22LR - Smith & Wesson
Still havent been able to find one of those to hold, heard about them about a year or so ago. Taking them forever to come out
Old 09-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
Another vote for the Ruger 22-45. I have been shooting mine for over 10 years and love it. Accurate and reliable.

- brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 53827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegs View Post
Those are nice! We have the same AR 15-22 except it was one of the first ones out so it does not have a threaded barrel or "flash hider" unfortunately because I would love to try out my buddy's suppressor on a full length rifle... might even hear the sonic crack then!

I also have a (very shiny) weatherby .22 rifle that I hardly ever shoot and a daisy .22 bolt action that sits in its original box in the safe that I may have shot a couple of times when I was younger. My dad also owns has a Ruger 10/22 with stainless barrel and a semi-auto version of the daisy .22.

So as you can see I am just in the market for a pistol at this time
Fair enough

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

.22, browning, ruger, suppressor, tactical solutions

Search tags for this page
.22 muzzle adapter coupling
browning .22 pistol muzzle adapter coupling

browning buckmark adapter for suppressor

browning buckmark muzzle adapter coupling
firearm muzzle adapter for 22lr

mark 3 threaded barrel coupling

marlin 795 muzzle adapter

marlin 795 muzzle coupling

marlin 795 threaded barrel coupler
marlin mod 60 muzzle coupling
marlin muzzle adapter coupling
marlin795 muzzle coupler

muzzle adapter coupling

muzzle adapter coupling .22

muzzle adapter coupling browning buckmark

ruger talo mark 3 flash hider

Click on a term to search for related topics.