• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Noob Question in regards to a Sig Mosquito

This is a discussion on Noob Question in regards to a Sig Mosquito within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Just purchased a Sig Mosquito as my first handgun ! and already super confused... MY GUN Mosquito w/ Threaded Barrel I was looking to add ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » Noob Question in regards to a Sig Mosquito

Old 08-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 62744
Noob Question in regards to a Sig Mosquito

Just purchased a Sig Mosquito as my first handgun ! and already super confused...

MY GUN
Mosquito w/ Threaded Barrel

I was looking to add a tac light/laser as an add on and found a few but have gotten mixed reviews and could really use some help from the experienced folks here. I am most concerned about the quality and how well it will fit.

any help is much appreciated.

TLR-2s (expensive but willing to purchase if itll fit well but worried if itll well)
Tactical Gun Mount Series - TLR-2 with Laser Sight | Streamlight

STL-900L
STL-900L Tactical Light/Laser

or any other ones ?
universal9gsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
Viridian C5L...good light/laser and really compact.

Don't know if the streamlight will fit your Sig.....rail might not be long enough

Why do you want a light and laser on a .22?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 62210
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmp22 View Post

Why do you want a light and laser on a .22?
^^^what i was thinking also

Fiat justitia ruat caelum
Dooberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 62744
I am not so in need of a light but just need a laser for target practice since I heard .22 is a good gun to learn with and being that its my first gun...
universal9gsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 43658
A laser is priceless for teaching/learning sight picture.

When my oldest was 5 he was having troubles with the right sight picture. I got a P22 with the factory lazer and he learned real quick. He dont need the lazer anymore and shoots very good now.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
Lasers are cool and can be handy, but my honest opinion for a newbe shooter would be the 100-300 dolllars would be better spent on ammo, paper and range time. A basic shooting class would be a great way to spend 40-100 dollars

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 58692
That laser/light combo will help with muzzle flip.....jk. Some real advice would be to lock the slide back and let it sit there for at least a day and buy cci stinger ammo that claim 1640 fps to alleviate the feeding/jamming problem these sigs have. These are unfortunately more expensive 22lr ammo but worth the reliability.
Midn1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 43207
in my opinion.... i have found that when people are using a laser to shoot down range they forget about the sights on the gun and how to use them properly. i would first learn how to shoot without a laser and build a strong shooting foundation from there. lasers look cool and intimidate. as for learning to shoot with a laser....bad idea
cornfedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 49662
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfedred View Post
in my opinion.... i have found that when people are using a laser to shoot down range they forget about the sights on the gun and how to use them properly. i would first learn how to shoot without a laser and build a strong shooting foundation from there. lasers look cool and intimidate. as for learning to shoot with a laser....bad idea
Thanks for the input. Been thinking of trying it for practice, I can see where that could happen.
Fullclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
I have thousands of trouble free rounds through my Skeeter. Start with the light recoil spring and 40gr CCI mini-Mags until it is very well broke in 200-300rnds at least, then you can experiment with other ammo.

The LASER is great for dry-fire practice, but take it off when you go to the range. Just when you want it most, those LASER batteries will fail and you'll be lost unless you learn to shoot properly.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

laser, sig

Search tags for this page
best laser sight for sig mosquito

laser for sig mosquito

laser for sig sauer mosquito

laser sight for sig mosquito

laser sight for sig sauer mosquito
laser sights for sig mosquito
laser sights for sig sauer mosquito
sig mosquito grips

sig mosquito laser

sig mosquito laser grip
sig mosquito laser light
sig mosquito laser sight

sig sauer mosquito laser

sig sauer mosquito laser grip

sig sauer mosquito laser sight

sig sauer mosquito sights
Click on a term to search for related topics.