• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Looking at a "Pocket Gun"

This is a discussion on Looking at a "Pocket Gun" within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I am looking to get something I will actually carry, and I think a pocket is gonna be my best option. My 9mm XD is ...

Old 08-23-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 7046
Looking at a "Pocket Gun"

I am looking to get something I will actually carry, and I think a pocket is gonna be my best option. My 9mm XD is too big for most of the year here (DFW) since I wear shorts and a t-shirt most of the time. I had about decided a Ruger LCP was gonna be my choice over the S&W Bodyguard. <SIGH> Then I saw the Kahr MK9. Its small enough for pocket carry and is 9mm, so I would be able to stick with one caliber. Its just a little heavy because its all stainless. Its also $663.

What to do, what to do,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
: [after handing the gun to Newt] It is better to have that and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder more respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind. - George Orwell
JeffXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
Commit to carrying your XD?

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 53491
Have you considered the Kahr PM9 or CM9?
dhunley1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 15395
If you are ok with .380, I would strongly recommend the lcp to anyone. If 9mm is as low as you go, the Kahrs are the most "pocketable". I often carry a pf-9, but it's a little big for pocket carry. (at least in my pockets)

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ!
SpringerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 51212
Love my Sig P238.
GodfatherJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 62026
Just recently traded my LCP for my XD, today I bought a Ruger LC9, fits in my pocket. I am ot a big guy 5'7" 170lbs. Will hopefully get to shoot it this weekend. Now back to the LCP mine shot 300+ flawless rounds. Good luck on whatever you decide on.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 57290
i have a sig p238 also and its a great size for a pocket pistol. I just recently got the xd sc 9mm which is definitely bigger i think it would be best to holster the xd. So far both have shot flawless see what fits you best and what you are most comfortable with
swopeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 43207
s&W 442 is my daily and i love it. If Kahr made a parachute would you jump out of plane with it?
cornfedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #9
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4980
I have a LC9 and I like it. You could go with a PF9 by Keltec though. Same gun cheaper price.

Can you wait a few months? Assuming rumors are true, Beretta should have their 'Nano' 9mm single stack in stores by October. A striker fired 9mm 6+1 magazine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
cjive134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
I consider this the Holy Grail search of all who consider "pocket" carry. I wouldn't go with nothing less than the 9mm. Less than that IMOP your just pissing someone off that already has ill social intent for you.

You can pretty much narrow it down to a handful from there.

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
beretta nano versus ruger lcp

beretta nano vs bodyguard 380

beretta nano vs lcp

beretta nano vs ruger lcp

beretta nano vs s&w bodyguard
beretta nano vs s&w bodyguard 380
beretta nano vs smith and wesson bodyguard
bodyguard 380 vs beretta nano
bodyguard vs nano
cm9 vs bodyguard 380
nano vs bodyguard
nano vs bodyguard 380
nano vs lcp
s&w bodyguard 380 vs. beretta nano 9mm
s&w bodyguard vs beretta nano
smith and wesson bodyguard 380 vs berrata nano
Click on a term to search for related topics.