• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

You think the "D" spring mod is awesome...

This is a discussion on You think the "D" spring mod is awesome... within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; You think the beretta D spring is awesome....wait till you try out a lighter 1911 mainspring . Ok so for kicks and giggles I got ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » You think the "D" spring mod is awesome...

Old 08-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 36123
You think the "D" spring mod is awesome...

You think the beretta D spring is awesome....wait till you try out a lighter 1911 mainspring . Ok so for kicks and giggles I got my D spring today and installed it in my Elite IA, and it was as everyone says, lighter and smoother. Then I remember a few people saying that they used 1911 springs. So I took out my RIA 1911 mainspring, it was about 8 coils short of the D spring. I didn't expect much....until I tried it. WoW was my expression w/ some laughter!!

Since I reload my own ammo, I got one brass with NOTHING in it but one Federal pistol primer to see if I'll get a light strike. Low and behold it worked!!!! Now, I'm guessing if you reload your own ammo using a 1911 spring would be to your advantage since you can find out which primers to use. If you just use factory ammo probably stick with the D spring.

Pt 2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

How to: Duracoat your XDM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Rebirth of a XDM

When it comes to war, it's not about who's right....but who's left.........
vash_241987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 39443
Wolff makes a series of mainsprings for the Beretta that you can experiment with. I use the 16 #, which is supposed to be equivalent to the "D" spring. Wolff has heavier and lighter springs, and if my memory serves me correctly, you can get a kit with various weights.
Old4Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 22296
+1 for Wolff springs. I put them in every gun that I mod.

Federal weapon statutes:
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4980
The D hammer spring is the bee's knees. My brother's 92 now has a D pull like butter. I have an ATI 92 clone and the D spring improved the D pull greatly as well, although not as smooth as my brother's 92fs.

It's such a cheap and easy mod.

: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
cjive134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old4Eyes View Post
Wolff makes a series of mainsprings for the Beretta that you can experiment with. I use the 16 #, which is supposed to be equivalent to the "D" spring. Wolff has heavier and lighter springs, and if my memory serves me correctly, you can get a kit with various weights.
That's nice to know. I think for the 92fs in brother's case would be silly to go any lighter, but I might try a lighter main spring in my ATI 92.

: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
cjive134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

I Actually plan on buying a 1911 #15 mainspring by this weekend. The stock mainspring on the RIA 1911 is #18 according to the interwebs and is shorter than the D spring so I'm guessing it's lighter with pretension. Polishing could make it smoother.

Pt 2

Rebirth of a XDM

Old 08-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #7
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
Yes! I have the d-spring in my 96F and was amazed at what it did for both the single and double pull. I swear...it just about cut my groups in half.

I wonder if there is a similar fix for the PX4, because my brother's PX4 is plagued by the typical long, stagey and heavy Beretta trigger. With a better trigger...the PX4 would be a MUCH better pistol.

- brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 47428
I sometimes carry concealed my Berettas (INOX, M9A1, and 92FS Compact) so I stick with the D spring, but the other significant change was going to the reduced power Wolff trigger conversion unit (INS spring). The weak point to the pistol now (the locking block issue has been resolved) is the trigger spring and it's another common maintenance issue. Going to the Wolff conversion unit eliminates this short coming and going to the reduced power spring likewise lightens the trigger weight. I went with the reduced power with the full size pistols, but factory power for the compact. Excellent upgrade, easy to perform and enhances reliability. What's not to like? Well, cost of it I guess, but still worth it.
cz75luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
XDTalk 2K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cz75luver View Post
I sometimes carry concealed my Berettas (INOX, M9A1, and 92FS Compact) so I stick with the D spring, but the other significant change was going to the reduced power Wolff trigger conversion unit (INS spring). The weak point to the pistol now (the locking block issue has been resolved) is the trigger spring and it's another common maintenance issue. Going to the Wolff conversion unit eliminates this short coming and going to the reduced power spring likewise lightens the trigger weight. I went with the reduced power with the full size pistols, but factory power for the compact. Excellent upgrade, easy to perform and enhances reliability. What's not to like? Well, cost of it I guess, but still worth it.
Were the trigger that you installed the INS in metal? I got the plastic trigger, so I might have to buy a metal one, or chop up the plastic one :P. I havnt detail strip the frame yet, but eventually I will.

Pt 2

Rebirth of a XDM

Old 08-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #10
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 47428
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash_241987 View Post
Were the trigger that you installed the INS in metal? I got the plastic trigger, so I might have to buy a metal one, or chop up the plastic one :P. I havnt detail strip the frame yet, but eventually I will.
Yes, the triggers are the metal ones. The INOX came with a metal trigger, but I had to buy metal triggers for the M9A1 and the Compact. CDNN (Buy Gun Accessories, Hi-Capacity Mags, Scopes, Gun Parts & More at CDNN Sports, Inc.) gets them in every once in a while which is where I bought mine. They've been out for a little while, though.

The other option is to shave down the loop part of the INS trigger to have it fit inside the poly trigger, but I'm guessing that would weaken it. Otherwise, it's shaving the trigger portion. Finding a metal trigger is easier all around.
cz75luver is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page
92fs d spring
beretta 92 compact d spring
beretta 92 d spring
beretta 92 wolff spring kit
beretta 92d mainspring
beretta 92fs compact d spring
beretta 92fs d spring
beretta 92fs mainspring
beretta compact d spring

beretta d spring

beretta d spring for sale

beretta d spring weight

Click on a term to search for related topics.