• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

UPDATE: Springfield Warranty/Customer Service: Happy, Yet Disappointed...(pics)

This is a discussion on UPDATE: Springfield Warranty/Customer Service: Happy, Yet Disappointed...(pics) within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; So my SA 1911A Champion was shooting high, having feed ramp issues, and having some extractor issues. I called Customer Service and spoke with Deb. ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » UPDATE: Springfield Warranty/Customer Service: Happy, Yet Disappointed...(pics)

Old 06-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 39634
UPDATE: Springfield Warranty/Customer Service: Happy, Yet Disappointed...(pics)

So my SA 1911A Champion was shooting high, having feed ramp issues, and having some extractor issues. I called Customer Service and spoke with Deb. I told her about my issue, and she quickly emailed me a shipping label/instructions, and I sent it out the next day which was Wednesday 5/24 and I received it back today 6/29. Springfield refit the slide and frame, replaced the extractor, replaced the barrel, replaced the front and rear tritium night sights (to shoot point of aim), and refinished the slide. I was SOOO happy to hear that they had done all these things to rectify my issues and under warranty at no charge to me. Except for two "problems". Well... At least one problem and one thing I may just be being anal about.

1.) The barrel they replaced is longer than the original. If I were to guess, i would say about a a quarter of an inch longer. I wasn't fond of it at first, but I was starting to get over it, and it is actually starting to grow on me. BUT I would have preferred the original "flushness" of the other barrel...

2.) The front Trijicon sight they installed is dim. So dim in fact, that my camera couldn't even pick up the little glimmer of light it put out in complete darkness.

I am going to call them tomorrow morning to see what they say. I would hate to go without it again for another two weeks as it is my daily carry, but also don't want to pay $65 dollars for the local shop to do it (That's what they quoted me) if Springfield sends me a new one. If I do end up sending it in, I would like for them to flush the barrel, but my wife said that I am not dropping another dime on anything gun related for a while... so it would only happen if they covered it.

What are my options here guys?
Thoughts?

BTW. I've included pics of said "issues"
DOES THIS NEW BARREL LOOK RIGHT TO YOU? IF YOU RECEIVED THIS, WOULD YOU BE CONTENT?

UPDATE: So I sent my 1911 back on Friday 6/10/11 and received a call from Megan at SA today saying my 1911 was "ready" and I will be receiving it Thursday. She told me the front sight was replaced however, the replacement barrels that SA uses are longer than the stock bull barrels. She noted that the new "longer" barrels are of higher quality and of improved performance, and pretty much saying there was nothing they could do. Maybe they were having issues with there 4" bull barrels and made modifications to address those issues. I Guess I will have to live with the new one. At this point, I just really want my 1911 back. I miss it sooooo much. I feel naked without it! I am SOMEWHAT disappointed, but glad the sight got fixed and that it will soon be on my hip again.

Any thoughts/comments from you folks on their response?

Attached Thumbnails
UPDATE: Springfield Warranty/Customer Service: Happy, Yet Disappointed...(pics)-1911n1.jpg   UPDATE: Springfield Warranty/Customer Service: Happy, Yet Disappointed...(pics)-photo-1-.jpg   UPDATE: Springfield Warranty/Customer Service: Happy, Yet Disappointed...(pics)-photo.jpg   UPDATE: Springfield Warranty/Customer Service: Happy, Yet Disappointed...(pics)-photo-2-.jpg  

Last edited by DannyXBOX; 06-21-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Update
DannyXBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
My suggestion is if you like the barrel...leave it. Send the slide in seperately and technically you will have it sooner, since you only need the sight done...they may beable to turn it around the same day....

Call them and ask about turn around time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 35632
Good idea on sending the slide, you might send along the barrel and have them flush crown it.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmp22 View Post
My suggestion is if you like the barrel...leave it. Send the slide in seperately and technically you will have it sooner, since you only need the sight done...they may beable to turn it around the same day....

Call them and ask about turn around time
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCreek View Post
Good idea on sending the slide, you might sent along the barrel and have them flush crown it.
If it was up to me... I would rather have it flush like it was originally in the first photo. Do you think they would flush/recrown under warranty?

Do you think that the barrel the put in might even be the "wrong" one?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 57200
If you are not sure then you are really not happy. You have to stay on people nowadays over and over.

I say call back, politely explain why you are still not happy and ask for them to make it right. Thank them for attempting to help but explain you're not 100% satisfied.

It will bug you if you don't. If you were content you wouldn't have posted here.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
ron mexico75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron mexico75 View Post
If you are not sure then you are really not happy. You have to stay on people nowadays over and over.

I say call back, politely explain why you are still not happy and ask for them to make it right. Thank them for attempting to help but explain you're not 100% satisfied.

It will bug you if you don't. If you were content you wouldn't have posted here.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I hear what you are saying, and it makes sense. But it's hard to be demanding on something you are getting for free. Especially when they have gone above and beyond for things that other companies wouldn't consider to be "under warranty"
Old 06-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 49713
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyXBOX View Post
I hear what you are saying, and it makes sense. But it's hard to be demanding on something you are getting for free. Especially when they have gone above and beyond for things that other companies wouldn't consider to be "under warranty"
Don't think of it as free. Think of it as getting what you payed for. They have customer service for a reason.
They will probably be more than happy to make it right. You payed for a specific model, it was defective, so you should get the original model you initally PAID for.
Rykko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykko View Post
Don't think of it as free. Think of it as getting what you payed for. They have customer service for a reason.
They will probably be more than happy to make it right. You payed for a specific model, it was defective, so you should get the original model you initally PAID for.
::LIGHT BULB!:: Now THAT is an EXCELLENT point. I mean, this gun cost more than my mortgage payment. Lol!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 47225
SEND IT BACK...... They have destroyed the looks of your weapon. The barrel would bother me much more than the sights. JMO
mkmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #10
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 28164
They replaced a barrel for me recently to fix a double feed issue and I also get the 4.25" barrel which appears to be the barrel that SA uses in the Operators. I just assumed that they were moving to the longer barrel. Not uncommon as several folks on the 1911 forum have reported the same. Doesn't bother me though as my dads Bill Wilson Carry has the same look as do several others including my Kimber.

Like others stated if you are not happy then send it back and ask for the crown if that's what you want. If the sight is dim and you have to send at least the slide back, you might as well send the whole gun especially if it's on their dime.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

armory, customer service, night sights, springfield, warranty

Search tags for this page
dannyxbox
how to do springfield warranty
springfield 1911 customer service
springfield 1911 problems
springfield armory customer service not happy
springfield champion warranty

springfield customer service

springfield customer service 1911

springfield warranty

springfield warranty refinishing
springfield warrenty
springfield xd customer service

springfieldwarranty.com

warranty
will springfield refinish 1911
www.springfieldwarranty.com
Click on a term to search for related topics.