• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

New S&W M&P Add

This is a discussion on New S&W M&P Add within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Springfield Armory has listed other pistols in its advertisements "comparing"....

Old 04-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #21
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 1513
Springfield Armory has listed other pistols in its advertisements "comparing".
ajamesp51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #22
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 23276
Quote:
Ambi Slide Stop not a lefty don't need it.
And that right there is a huge can of worms.

To a lefty it is one huge advantage. Guns for the most part are manufactured for righties and even those that have ambi controls are slightly still disadvantaged as the
M&P for example has ambi slide lock but the side that lefties would utilize in the same mirror fashion as righties is again disadvantaged leverage wise as the right side is set forward about 1/4 inch further. Leverage means more than one thinks. I suggest running failure drills both handed and you will see..even still its better than the XD.

I have moved away from XD's to the M&P as the mechanical advantage even though still not as good as a right handed shooting style is vaslty better. Its undeniable and I will run my M&P against anyone left handed running an XD or XDm any time to show it.

XDs are good guns but they are not the perfect gun.

Carry a gun you can fight with. Anything else is putting you in a postion of loose.
pleasantguywhopacksAXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #23
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 54278
I don't see where that add list any gun by name. Maybe its just pride I have in my guns that is erking me with this add.
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #24
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkysteve View Post
I'm a lefty and debated long and hard between the M&P and XDM both in compact. I really liked that the M&P was lefty friendly and US made. But, I could hardly get at the recessed slide release on the M&P with my thumb, or trigger finger. I liked the XD grip safety. Not that I don't trust myself, it just adds a little peace of mind. I'm not a big fan of thumb safeties, with a grip safety you don't have to "think" about it. I rented and shot them both. I hated the M&P trigger, and the XD seemed to fit my hand better. It cost quite a bit more, but I went the the XDM 3.8 compact. And if looks count, the XD is prettier too. I shot a buddies S&W last week and still don't regret my choice. I'm sure they are both good guns, just preferred the XD.

Fair enough.

I would only add that most if not all professional training now teaches that the slide lock is just that a slide lock and not a slide release. You should use it to lock back manually and clear malfunctions only, not utilize it to release the slide to put the gun in battery. You loose some travel of the slide doing so and you also are using fine motor skills that go away when adrenaline is running. Sling shot all the time and you use gross motor skills and don't' muscle memory something that will most likely put you at a disadvantage when the crap has hit the fan.

Carry a gun you can fight with. Anything else is putting you in a postion of loose.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #25
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 54278
XDs are good guns but they are not the perfect gun.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know there was a perfect gun
Old 04-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #26
XDTalk 1K Member

edit: deleted a double post...

Old 04-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #27
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agould27 View Post
XDs are good guns but they are not the perfect gun.

I didn't know there was a perfect gun[/QUOTE]

There isn't..just more user freindly ones..

Old 04-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #28
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 53320
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasantguywhopacksAXD View Post
Fair enough.

I would only add that most if not all professional training now teaches that the slide lock is just that a slide lock and not a slide release. You should use it to lock back manually and clear malfunctions only, not utilize it to release the slide to put the gun in battery. You loose some travel of the slide doing so and you also are using fine motor skills that go away when adrenaline is running. Sling shot all the time and you use gross motor skills and don't' muscle memory something that will most likely put you at a disadvantage when the crap has hit the fan.
I usually slingshot the slide. I've just always called it a slide release.

Gun Control has more to do with control than with guns.
sparkysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:55 AM   #29
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 52639
crap i better go sell my xd now for a m&p.
sig 1911 .22 od sold
rock island 1911 9mm
w0ady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:09 AM   #30
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 44040
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixednuts View Post

"Gambler" barrel - Not only did we use a rate of twist that isn't optimized for 9mm but we also added to the experience by using barrels that have a chance of switching from combat accuracy to shotgun-like spreads at 25 yards. You won't know if you have a good one till 4k rounds which adds to the fun!
I have never heard about this, please tell me more. Do you have any links? What should I google to read more?
Learn2turn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

add, glock gen 4, m&p, xd(m)

Search tags for this page

m&p advertisement

m&p and xd

m&p chamber indicator

m&p loaded chamber indicator

m&p new palmswell

m&p palm swell for sale

m&p palm swells

m&p palm swells for sale

s&w m&p palm swells

smith and wesson m&p add ons

smith and wesson m&p ambidextrous

smith and wesson m&p police departments

springfield armory advertisements

springfield armory xds size comparison

springfield xds vs m&p

Click on a term to search for related topics.