• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

First Glock - Gen4 G19

This is a discussion on First Glock - Gen4 G19 within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; Picked up my first Glock today. Put 150 rounds through it. Thought the trigger would be better. My XD9sc and XDm .40 triggers were smoother ...

Old 03-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 14801
First Glock - Gen4 G19

Picked up my first Glock today. Put 150 rounds through it. Thought the trigger would be better. My XD9sc and XDm .40 triggers were smoother out of the box. Other than that I really like it. Fits my hand great and conceals well. Will be using it for IDPA too.

How many rounds should break in the trigger or would a trigger upgrade be the ticket?

Thanks
TBAG809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
Old Timer

Member #: 42730
I believe a trigger job for the Glock costs around 12 bucks if you DIY.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 14801
Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
I believe a trigger job for the Glock costs around 12 bucks if you DIY.
Just watched a video of the Ghost 3.5# upgrade. Don't get much easier than that.......
TBAG809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 53960
I'm looking to upgrade my Gen 4 G22 trigger as well. Is the Ghost 3.5# upgrade the "one" to get? I watched a video too. I'm not as confident or experienced. I wonder what I'd expect to pay to have an armorer intall it?
Old 03-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 8374
I just recently purchase a 17 for Competition (Mainly IDPA) and a 19 for kicks. I have a Lone wolf 3.5 connector in the 17 and just finished polishing both for optimum trigger smoothness. Made a huge difference, you still have the pre-travel to engage the safety. I also used a stone on the sear part of the trigger bar and polished it along with the firing pin, it breaks very clean. Will be installing new springs when they arrive to further enhance the 17 for competition. At some point might try a glockworx tacital trigger that has a lot less pre-travel.

Here are my new glocks 17 Gen3 RTF2 and the 19 Gen3 EXO

First Glock - Gen4 G19-glocks-17-19.jpg

True tolerance is not a total lack of judgment. It's knowing what should be tolerated - and refusing to tolerate that which shouldn't.
--Chuck Colson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
dsglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 53960
I just watched another video for the connector installation. It really does look simple. I just ordered the Ghost 3.5# connector from Lone Wolf. Of course it's backordered, but they say they expect shipment tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Hey TBAG, sorry I forgot to say it earlier, congratulations on that new pistol! Enjoy it as much as you can!!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
Old Timer

Member #: 41775
Congrats on the new Glock...
Old 03-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 13704
I picked an OEM Glock 4.5# aka '-' connector (used to be called '3.5#', same part) due to several friends having issues with LW parts and love it, feels similar but lighter. Worked out perfectly on the 'woods' gun.

I have nothing against LW, but this is primarily a defensive weapon and the extra $10 seems justified for that purpose imho.

R.I.P. TJ
thehinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:21 AM   #9
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 2897
I just got an unfired Glock 22 in trade. Not a bad gun, my 1st Glock and my soon to be 15 year old seems to be staking a claim on it.

Not sure if I will change the trigger yet.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

ichy_trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:36 AM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 10643
I like my Glocks and shoot them more than any of my other handguns. However, I can't stand the Glock factory connectors...including the 4.5# (formerly 3.5#) connectors. I prefer either the LW or Ghost Ultimate. Tried the Ghost Rocket, but found the letoff to be much too mushy for my tastes.

Also like the Scherer connectors.

I use a Dremel and the white, cylindrical (not conical) polishing pads with Simichrome to polish all the mating surfaces of the firing mechanism.

Also install Agrip on all my Glocks...can't stand the feel of nekked plastic.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page

gen 4 glock 19 exo

glock 17 gen 4
glock 19 gen 4 finish

glock 19 gen 4 trigger job

glock 19 gen 4 trigger upgrade
glock 19 gen3
glock 19 gen4

glock g19

glock g19 gen 4 for sale

glock gen 4 exo

glock gen 4 rtf2
glock gen 4 trigger
glock gen 4 upgrades
glock gen4 g19
how many bullets in a 40 glock
how many bullets in a glock 40
Click on a term to search for related topics.