• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Armscor 1911's or Rock island armory .45?

This is a discussion on Armscor 1911's or Rock island armory .45? within the Non-XD Handguns forums, part of the Other Handgun Talk category; I am looking at picking up a cheap .45 1911. Does anyone have any experience with the upper models of these. Not the mil-spec but ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns » Armscor 1911's or Rock island armory .45?

Old 04-22-2006, 09:38 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 8691
Armscor 1911's or Rock island armory .45?

I am looking at picking up a cheap .45 1911. Does anyone have any experience with the upper models of these. Not the mil-spec but the stainless steel one or such? Tell me all you can, yes I know its a phillipino gun and yes not a springfield$$$$, just tell me your opinions thanks guys and girls
Old 04-22-2006, 09:54 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 5489
Re: Armscor 1911's or Rock island armory .45?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashooter
I am looking at picking up a cheap .45 1911. Does anyone have any experience with the upper models of these. Not the mil-spec but the stainless steel one or such? Tell me all you can, yes I know its a phillipino gun and yes not a springfield$$$$, just tell me your opinions thanks guys and girls

Pretty good guns from what I've seen........I don't own one but some of my friends do. Where are you looking at the at?? Try Winfrees on RT. 17 and A&P Arms on Mercury Blvd. (just before Aberdeen Rd. on the right going east)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
einheit 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:01 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

I saw one at the marksman and it piqued my curiousity, so I got to looking at the forums and almost everyone seems happy to upgrade theirs with new parts but I would like some thing nib to be able to leave it alone, in other words not spend $$$ to modify it. Also seems like they are accurate as hell and no real problems except some rough tooling inside but..... does that make it shoot bad , IMO no. Did not think about Winfrees but might check out Mercury boulevard too .... thanks for your input . need more input too though
Old 04-22-2006, 10:16 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 5489
Quote:
Originally Posted by vashooter
I saw one at the marksman and it piqued my curiousity, so I got to looking at the forums and almost everyone seems happy to upgrade theirs with new parts but I would like some thing nib to be able to leave it alone, in other words not spend $$$ to modify it. Also seems like they are accurate as hell and no real problems except some rough tooling inside but..... does that make it shoot bad , IMO no. Did not think about Winfrees but might check out Mercury boulevard too .... thanks for your input . need more input too though

Hey if you go to Winfrees, look for a short over weight woman with long curly brownish-blonde hair, her name is Susan, tell her Scott with the twins sent ya to get a good deal........Last time I saw them there they went from $350-$450. Not the best prices, but I like the "mom&pop" shops.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
einheit 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:35 AM   #5
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 3754
Location: The Nevada Desert on a Dry Lakebed. Living in a trailer with thunderstorms looming in the distance.
There isn't anything wrong with a "Phillipino" gun. My first .22 rifle was made in the Phillipines and it finally died after thousands and thousands of .22s went screaming down it's barrel. I paid $60 for it brand new and it lasted over 20 years of constant shooting. The Armscor M-1600 (made in the Phillipines )is featured in my avatar and it is currently something I shoot all the time.
I don't have need or money for a new .45, but I wouldn't mind one of the current .45s made in the Phillipines.

Here is a nice range report from board member Frenchy

http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic....&highlight=ria
hobocircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:45 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 3502
My RIA shot really well, had no complaints whats-so ever.
Go the the 1911 website, they have a discussion forum for the Armscor/Rock Island.
http://forum.m1911.org/
AR-15 M4 A3 w/optics
IDPA
NRA
If you can read this thank a teacher, if it's in English thank a Veteran.
Lead, follow, or get out of the way! George S. Patton
GlenncXD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:54 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 4279
RIA and Armscor are made by the same company. They are hands down the best bang for your buck 1911. They also accept parts made for 1911's unlike Llama and other junk..

021411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:00 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Been to the web forum and need more info .....websites are kinda crappy pictures, would love a complete catalog so I can see what I like> Thanks tho guys...keep em coming!!
Old 04-25-2006, 04:48 AM   #9
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 3754
Location: The Nevada Desert on a Dry Lakebed. Living in a trailer with thunderstorms looming in the distance.
not sure if you have already seen these, but.......
http://www.armscor.com.ph/pistols_gi.htm
interesting line and from what I have experienced, they work.
hobocircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:10 AM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 6493
I am extremely happy with my Rock Island 1911.... shoots great out of the box and is very accurate.... over 400 rounds without a hiccup.... I am going to get a new extended beavertail because if you dont watch your grip, you will get hammer bite right out of the box.... other than that, the gun is amazing for the price....
S&W first model of 1899 / S&W M&P
S&W 10,17,19,27,29,65,66,342,625,629,646,686x3,696
Kel Tec Sub 2000
Bushmaster AR15 M4
Winchester 1300 Defender

qballwill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Other Handgun Talk » Non-XD Handguns

Search tags for this page

armscor 1911

armscor 1911 stainless
armscor 1911 vs rock island 1911

armscor rock island 1911

custom rock island 1911
rock island .45 stainless
rock island 1911 bi tone
rock island 1911 stainless

rock island 1911 stainless steel

rock island armory 1911 stainless

rock island armory 1911 stainless steel

rock island armory stainless steel 1911
rock island stainless steel 1911
springfield gi 45 or rock island

stainless steel ria 1911

stainless steel rock island 1911

Click on a term to search for related topics.